The Marvel Heroes 2015 servers will be coming down at 6am PDT for Game Update 1.42 featuring She-Hulk and Cosmic Patrol Zones!

Categories

X-Defense level brackets: Every 5 levels, not every 10?

My apologies if this has already been mentioned or debated before.

After playing a lot of X-Defense over the weekend, I've started feeling guilty about queuing up with any character that's on the lowest end of a bracket. I have different characters at or just past 20, 30, and 50, and without fail they die over and over again and cannot contribute enough of, well, anything.

So, why not split the brackets the same way Midtown is, and make them every 5 levels? This would allow characters who normally would be dead weight simply due to their level to actually contribute, and make team success more about player ability than player levels.

The only big issue I can see with this is that I'm unsure if there's enough of an X-Defense player base, especially after the bonus week ends, to make smaller brackets work. Right now it seems queue times are really fast, but that will probably change for the worse once there's less loot/XP to be had.

·
Location Yellowstone SupervolcanoPosts: 1,685 Staff

You have identified exactly the reason I have hesitated to split X-Defense into more brackets. B-)

·
Location Lost in the TimewaysPosts: 22 Mighty

@Heretic said:
You have identified exactly the reason I have hesitated to split X-Defense into more brackets. B-)

You could always provide the bonus item and rare item find all the time.... :D

·

@Lawndart said:
My apologies if this has already been mentioned or debated before.
The only big issue I can see with this is that I'm unsure if there's enough of an X-Defense player base, especially after the bonus week ends, to make smaller brackets work. Right now it seems queue times are really fast, but that will probably change for the worse once there's less loot/XP to be had.
@Heretic said:

So then keep buffs on X-Defense so that it will be populated enough to have balanced level brackets? :)

·
edited January 2014

What about a buff to give those party members on the low end of the bracket a little more juice?

·
MutatedPosts: 465 Amazing

@johnvand said:
What about a buff to give those party members on the low end of the bracket a little more juice?

^^exactly this^^. the same thing that warhammer online did and rift does. give a boost to any players below the lvl bracket to be the max lvl for that bracket. just in lvl not in skills or anything else. that alone would make a huge difference.

·
MutatedPosts: 237 Amazing

@Heretic said:

I don't queue for X-Def because I'm either dead weight, or carrying other people. Just saying.

·
True BelieverPosts: 610 Amazing

They really should just leave X-Defense as is, once they remove the bonus it will return to being underplayed. With the bonuses its on par with Midtown.

·
Location Yellowstone SupervolcanoPosts: 1,685 Staff

@johnvand said:

We have actually been experimenting with tech to allow us to do things like this, but it's still a ways away from primetime.

@Airia said:
They really should just leave X-Defense as is, once they remove the bonus it will return to being underplayed. With the bonuses its on par with Midtown.

As noted in the patch notes, part of the bonus is staying. As well, remember we also have added the random chance of bonus Doop waves past Wave 10 even outside of the scheduled ones at 10, 15, 20, 25, etc.

·
Location USAPosts: 479 Amazing

@Whitwell said:
You could always provide the bonus item and rare item find all the time.... :D

Its not like its all that great right now anyways. I only get 20 purple sellback items through wave 10. Maybe 1 cosmic every 3 runs.

·