Categories

Rogue Visual Update is coming SOON!

Location San FranciscoPosts: 1,790 Fantastic
edited September 10

Movie-verse Rogue needs to be the brawler she is. Even when she lost Ms Marvels powers (why?! Awful writing to mix things up) they keep finding ways for her to absorb brawler powers because honestly this is the Rigue we all love.

Lenore was the best Rogue but this one grew on me. I heard doing the Rogue voice was hard on Lenore so she may not want to do it.

MutatedLocation Rogue.Posts: 333 Amazing

She currently has the powers of Wonder Man. Which are kinda like Ms. Marvel's... Maybe even stronger.

FOX doesn't have the rights to Carol Danvers. Its partly-why Movie-Rogue never had her powers.

Location SalekhardPosts: 10 Mighty

@IRogueLegacy said:
Movie-verse Rogue needs to be the brawler she is. Even when she lost Ms Marvels powers (why?! Awful writing to mix things up) they keep finding ways for her to absorb brawler powers because honestly this is the Rigue we all love.

Lenore was the best Rogue but this one grew on me. I heard doing the Rogue voice was hard on Lenore so she may not want to do it.

i'd love to see Rogue being a badass brawler in the movies and so would Anna Paquin, but i guess movie's version kinda fits in them. She's not as tough as comicverse Rogue though i don't think she's that bad. The idea of her not having Carol's powers seems interesting but they could've done it so much better. In both Evolution and Wolverine & the X-Men Rogue did a lot more without Carol's powers. I also wish she had more character development. Would've been better if she did like 90's Rogue, going to do that at first but eventually changing her mind and finding a purpose of her powers

[X-Men DOFP Rogue Cut and X-Men 1-2 spoilers ahead]

i could totally see Rogue go into berserker state and crushing sentinels to pieces after they killed Bobby in Rogue Cut, when he and Magneto rescued her and beatin the hell outta the sentinel that caught the X-Jet when they were leaving
what confuses me more is that in the movies Rogue never seemed to have any problems with absorbing someone's psyche. In the first movie she involuntarily drained Logan so much that he was bleeding and got into a coma. This could be compared to how she drained Carol Danvers in comics, if not even longer. Carol was in her head for a very long time and it was a pain in the Trash Panda! for both of them, but after draining Logan, Rogue didn't show any sings of him being in her head, neither she showed Magneto's character when he forced her to drain his powers for a long time

waiting for: Rogue X-Men Legacy costume, Blindfold, Cloak & Dagger, Blink

Jean Grey says at the end of X-1 that Rogue took on some of Logan's more "charming" personality traits after the Statue of Liberty event.

So the film at least acknowledges that Rogue absorbs persoanlity, even if it didn't EVER display it.

edited September 21

Like most of the movie costumes, I dislike Rogue's. I have nothing against the team wearing outfits that match or have a running motif (some of these have been the best costumes, think New/Xtreme X-Men era and Ultimate X-Men), but I like each character to still look personalised. The movie costumes, to me, were just biker leathers with different colour piping for each character (add an awkward-looking cape onto Storm's). It didn't look good to me.

I can't add much to the discussion about Rogue in the films. Anna Paquin is a splendid actress and did great with what she was given, I'd be delighted to see her play Rogue again... Rogue was just written awfully from X2 onwards.

As for her VU, I'm excited. Her default costume could be so much more than what it currently is, with some nicer textures, her hood up, and maybe some longer/wilder strands of hair hanging out. For her 90s costume I'm really hoping for some big curly hair (although I don't mind if they keep the white streaks minimal, I never liked the white toupee as I've said before).

Well the movies black costumes were because the director viewed them as para-military strike team that did covert operations (Or wanted to be covert), so having them in bright colors made no sense to him in his world. Take that as you will. They've mostly changed their tune these days now that over-saturated-colors is very popular in hollywood blockbusters.

Location The Upside Down..Posts: 2,640 Fantastic

@IRogueLegacy said:

She is also in politics now.[As i was told when i asked if she could do the voice]..Its never going to happen..

90s Rogue voice actress from 2010

From the description:
"Currently, Lenore Zann is an elected official of the NDP in Nova Scotia, Canada, and was instrumental in keeping the Nova Scotia tax credit for film makers. Needless to say, us animation students owe her a lot."

Location Rogue NationPosts: 1,237 Fantastic

Lenore Zann is in politics now, this was in 2010, where she was interviewed nd did some Rogue talk.

Ryolnir, and Doomsaw were asked that , heh, and both said, Not Happening, unfortuneatly.

Discord- Bear0man

"It's not the years honey, it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones

Lenore Zann is in politics now, this was in 2010, where she was interviewed nd did some Rogue talk.

Ryolnir, and Doomsaw were asked that , heh, and both said, Not Happening, unfortuneatly.

Discord- Bear0man

Discord- Bear0man

Discord- Bear0man

edited September 25

Sorry, i ws on page two when i posted this, didnt catch it already was. And Vanilla is being weird today.

Discord- Bear0man

edited September 25

Here is all the voice actors for Rogue. Was posted in Rogues Feedback Thread, Doomsaw posted in dec 2013.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/X-Men/Rogue/

I did enjoy Keiren Van Den Blink in Wolvie and the X men. And the new Kzumi Evans who wasnt on then, is really good. :) MH has Catherine Tabor as Rogue.

Discord- Bear0man

@JannAshe said:

Funny..Thought i said that..

edited September 25

This page is acting funny.. No Plug in class.

Location Xavier's School For Gifted YoungstersPosts: 107 Incredible

how did we ever end up dicussing about Lenore's life choices and stuff haha xD ?

THEGREENROGUE
Location Lake ConstancePosts: 611 Amazing
edited October 23

@TheDink said:
Soon, soon ;)

:open_mouth: