Categories

Why no holloween themed content?!

True BelieverLocation Right herePosts: 4,668 Cosmic

@GrizzLee said:
Have they at least put up the yearly Halloween decorations in Avengers Tower?

I haven't been in game since the past patch so I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. I remember one year they didnt put them up until with week AFTER Halloween.

Lol at this point, it is disappointing but definitely not surprising.

"You can have fun, or you can have safety, but you can't have them both" -a ten year old

Location Near a windowPosts: 1,324 Fantastic

There have not been any patches for PC since September 7, so no.

Will it be added Thursday if they need a patch to turn on Civil War? Who knows.

Location Not standing behind you right nowPosts: 12,457 Cosmic

@Davefenestrator said:
There have not been any patches for PC since September 7, so no.

Ah, when we used to complain about weekly patches...

Location AzerothPosts: 290 Amazing

last year we got the "new event" that dropped those pumpkin heads thingies and the stacking buff. i guess we dont get that this year :'(

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Phoenix PoweredPosts: 1,088 Fantastic
edited October 18

Sometimes they do Halloween/Fall events that involve collecting 4 glowing pumpkins and then exploding. Similar to the Christmas/Winter version with a snowflake or Saint Patrick's clover and so on.

Location Cosmic PatrolsPosts: 1,708 Fantastic

They could throw us a daily log-in pumpkin surprise with a crate of 25 eternity splinters and call it a day for Halloween. That's very doable and better than nothing.

@Asros could we at least get they halloween mystery bags in the store?

Location In denialPosts: 330 Amazing

@AgentPilot said:
Hey All, the Dev team is focused in on the PC Omega patch update as we speak and we unfortunately can't do more Halloween content past the costumes we brought back without updating the client. Hope this makes sense, and we can't wait to bring regular PC updates moving forward very soon.

Can't wait to try the new comings in TC! :#

@AgentPilot said:
Hey All, the Dev team is focused in on the PC Omega patch update as we speak and we unfortunately can't do more Halloween content past the costumes we brought back without updating the client. Hope this makes sense, and we can't wait to bring regular PC updates moving forward very soon.

doesn't quite explain some of the halloween stuff missing from the store. feels like bags and wolverine costumes should be there (also hoping chase costumes go on sale soon).

Location Wandering the left hand pathPosts: 4,889 Cosmic

@wfp9 said:

@SneakyErvin said:

@Attackfrog said:

@AgentPilot said:

Tl;Dr: Developers are still too busy working on something that they have been working on for over a year. Don't expect even the bare minimum of attention to PC until it's done. Please spend money.

Wish I could say I am surprised, but this has been a frequent statement this past year.

Did I oversleep a couple of months and we're already at 2018? If not, how have they been working on it "for over a year"? BUE came in january, PC development was kinda halted after that, console came somewhere in june, between june and now I cant really count 12 months. 4-5 tops. Did I miss a memo where years have gone from 12 to 5 or 6 months?

can't speak to the rest of the patch, but omega items have definitely been in development for over a year at this point (though this seemingly includes completely scrapping previous work on them and retooling).

And thats about it. And they havent really been in the works for over a year, we saw some concepts of ideas they had, but those were mock ups, not actual items designed. Since the items and powers team were busy with the BUE (reworking all pieces of gear to the new attribute system), proper work on omega items didnt start until after january.

Rather a day as a wolf than a thousand years as a sheep.

True BelieverLocation Right herePosts: 4,668 Cosmic

@wfp9 said:

@SneakyErvin said:

@Attackfrog said:

@AgentPilot said:

Tl;Dr: Developers are still too busy working on something that they have been working on for over a year. Don't expect even the bare minimum of attention to PC until it's done. Please spend money.

Wish I could say I am surprised, but this has been a frequent statement this past year.

Did I oversleep a couple of months and we're already at 2018? If not, how have they been working on it "for over a year"? BUE came in january, PC development was kinda halted after that, console came somewhere in june, between june and now I cant really count 12 months. 4-5 tops. Did I miss a memo where years have gone from 12 to 5 or 6 months?

can't speak to the rest of the patch, but omega items have definitely been in development for over a year at this point (though this seemingly includes completely scrapping previous work on them and retooling).

We heard about omega items since before the BUE. Also, the BU E was really a preparation for console, so really it has been much longer than a year when you consider every single update this past year and a half has been with the console in mind.

So to answer your question @SneakyErvin: I don't know your sleep habits but I know Omega has been "in the pipeline" for over a year.

"You can have fun, or you can have safety, but you can't have them both" -a ten year old