Categories

Console is getting titiles via loot boxes...

Location Be Better #metoo DVD's are an obsolete format in todays mediaPosts: 8,475 Cosmic

@Asros Does any of this effect the PC? If it doesn't then handle your bidness.

If it does please explain in painful detail.

check the tweets for insight https://twitter.com/FatZackMorris

Ask your local CoKHead about CoKTalk if you want

Title The Answer fot loot boxes!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I was ironic

Location Behind YouPosts: 529 Amazing

Who cares? Consoles are getting way too much attention, even by Gaz and their two other cohorts. Seeing they're talking about a re-release of the Civil War theme for PC means they didn't give time to make the Thor Ragnarok theme for PC. If it becomes common knowledge that it goes to all things Consoles, then I suggest Gazillion make it up to the PC players of a free choice of costumes per month or something. We're not here on PC to be at your disposal.

Venom Bores Me, Make A Playable Sandman

@Asros said:

Things like this are not going to be shared across platforms. Emotes and Titles will function differently on console vs pc/mac.

I hope you won't hold it against us if we don't take your word on this.

"Ted, why is there only a button and a gun in your briefcase?"

"Well, one's for when I get sad and the other is for when I get really sad."

Location MNPosts: 1,210 Fantastic

@TheCipe said:

@Asros said:
Re: What happens to your dupe costumes when the omega patch hits:

The system will take all of them and for every 3 duplicates you have, it will unlock 1 random costume THAT YOU DONT ALREADY HAVE.

So it is effectively super-blendering them for you.

I currently own every costume, and I have enough dupes to blend at least 15 times. What will happen when there aren't enough costumes that I don't have for me to receive?

You go to plaid.

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Hero Roster 2.x

Make Mine Marvel!

Location Wandering in the eerie streets of Stratholme.Posts: 3,766 Cosmic

Should we care? Let them pay for the PC game keep running.

@Asros said:

@Askanisson said:

@Asros said:

The monetization model in terms of costumes will remain the same on PC, selling some for G's and also releasing FC's as well. You'll see FC's match up more with some of the thematically based rotating boxes on console, but only new costumes. The new FC currency will also work on new costumes/TU's/etc put on the FC costume vendor whenever it is updated, like the essence does on console. So if you have excess currency saved from previous cards, you can spend it when a new card is released.

So does this mean all new costumes will be FCs and not in store for Gs?

The quote in your post from me clearly answers that question.

That is sooo... i like it.

Location OtownPosts: 213 Amazing

@CIZeRo said:

@Asros said:

@Askanisson said:

@Asros said:

The monetization model in terms of costumes will remain the same on PC, selling some for G's and also releasing FC's as well. You'll see FC's match up more with some of the thematically based rotating boxes on console, but only new costumes. The new FC currency will also work on new costumes/TU's/etc put on the FC costume vendor whenever it is updated, like the essence does on console. So if you have excess currency saved from previous cards, you can spend it when a new card is released.

It was a kinder way to say "Asked and answered."

There is a LOT of that on here. After a thread where the same question is asked at least three times and receives clear responses, someone still manages to say "I'm still confused so let me ask the exact same question that directly quotes at least one version of the answer."

Location Wandering in the eerie streets of Stratholme.Posts: 3,766 Cosmic
edited October 18

Quoting myself, since you are here and maybe can shed some light on this @Asros

@AgentPilot what about the question for possible refunds of missing costumes crafted using the blender? Last time I had a problem related to a missing costume from the blender I got the reply "we can't give you back because the costume wasn't bought but crafted".
So how will be? Should we cross fingers and hope for the better?
I just want to add to that list costumes from Fortune cards. Dropped cards, bought in the
game or from the store, the costumes from the cards probably don't generate a distinctive
"signature", so the system probably can't tell if they come from the blender, for example.
Another source of costumes is via drop and I bet is the same case as costumes from
blender/cards.
It would be very, very, welcome some word about this.
@Orren
Thank you.

@HoloTweed said:

@CIZeRo said:

@Asros said:

@Askanisson said:

@Asros said:

It was a kinder way to say "Asked and answered."

There is a LOT of that on here. After a thread where the same question is asked at least three times and receives clear responses, someone still manages to say "I'm still confused so let me ask the exact same question that directly quotes at least one version of the answer."

And that is the explanation why i like @Asros wording.

AssembledLocation New EnglandPosts: 604 Amazing
edited October 18

@Asros said:

@misterder said:
@asros , when the Omega patch happens, will the PC defaults of Captain America, Star Lord, and Rocket change to the console defaults? Should I NOT blend the classic Cap because it won't be the default anymore?

Nope, pc defaults stay the default.

@Jhur said:
@Asros Right now if you don't have a costume equipped it shows the default costume. Because of that I blended my defaults for a few heroes that I have done cosmic prestige already. Meaning I don't actually have a default costume anymore. Does that mean I won't have a default when the costume closet hits for those characters?

Sorry for asking late I'm a night owl. lol

Yes, you will have a default with the closet.

@Roscuro said:
is the reason why Gaz is not bring over loot box to pc is because pc will be shutting and theres no point?

No. In order to bring the loot box system to PC we would have to remove all costumes purchasable for G's, which we know players would overwhelmingly not want. So we're keeping the current model of a mix between Gstore and FC's going forward.

@Thordek said:
I'm a little worried for costumes being locked behind Fortune Cards tho. Whatever the ESRB said, I still find the Fortune card / Lootbox system kind of gamble and I'm not too keen on having to buy multiple 5000gs card decks to get a costume that would have costed me less than 1500. I'm sure that from your POV it's the way to go, but if all the cool costumes ends up being locked on FC, I don't really see a win / win situation.

At least, when showcasing new costumes or previews, have the decency to tell us right away how we will be able to obtain / buy them. This way, you won't build unnecessary hype that lead ton angers when we discover it's tied to FC ;)

Understandable, and we know that others feel the same way. I'll pass the feedback along to the community team. However, with the FC currency system changes, it wont require as much spending as you reference. Also, all cards since mark 3 have had insurance currencies to get the costume you want. I'm still working out details of FC currency costs for costumes, but we agree that 95 is high.

@DJmouse said:
Solution: Keep achievement titles exclusive to those achievements, but add other random/cool titles for Loot Boxes.

Think of it like our PC costumes. Some achievements have exclusive costumes to earn, while the rest are free to grind or purchase. Unless Gaz is selling Achievement rewards via Loot Boxes, I don't see an issue.

Again, we're not changing anything regarding this on PC. The post was discussing CONSOLE ONLY.

We may add titles to FC's in the future on PC that are thematic to the card, but there will always be those from achievements, etc.

@Askanisson said:

@Asros said:

Editted, the added this to avoid the spam filter eating my post by @ModMentat, and editted again

For the last question, to clarify (sorry to speak for someone else), you said that going forward you would be selling some costumes for G's and some for FC's. That could mean that the current G costumes remain but all future costumes are FC only.

So to restate the question - will there be new costumes added to the G store or will all future new costumes only be available through FC?

Location Earth! Welcome!Posts: 3,013 Cosmic
edited October 18

@Asros said:

@misterder said:
@asros , when the Omega patch happens, will the PC defaults of Captain America, Star Lord, and Rocket change to the console defaults? Should I NOT blend the classic Cap because it won't be the default anymore?

I know this is going to come off as snarky, but can we actually take you at your word about this? Because many of us have already been burned with 'it's safe to do X with default costumes' given previously. Sure, it was 'safe' until it wasn't. It was fine to blend Doom's old default -- until it was no longer his default and that costume was completely removed from the game.

How absolutely, 100% definitive is your answer to those default costumes not changing? What are the odds of that changing before Omega goes live?

One can never tell enough stories...

Stay tuned for the second half of the series!

@Asros thank you for answering my question. I feel a lot better about my cosmics now. lol. =D Also I'm excited to hear that currency from FC are going to blend and move the price a bit lower. Will the same be true for Team Ups as well cause some of the FC team ups are awesome!

Location OtownPosts: 213 Amazing

@GunnyBarney said:

@Asros said:

@misterder said:

I know this is going to come off as snarky, but can we actually take you at your word about this? Because many of us have already been burned with 'it's safe to do X with default costumes' given previously. Sure, it was 'safe' until it wasn't. It was fine to blend Doom's old default -- until it was no longer his default and that costume was completely removed from the game.

How absolutely, 100% definitive is your answer to those default costumes not changing? What are the odds of that changing before Omega goes live?

Do you honestly think anyone had a way of foretelling the FF's sudden and unexpected departure (which is what affected Doom's old default)? It's really kind of ridiculous to demand an "absolute, 100% definitive answer" that remains immutable if something out of the blue happens. All he can do is tell you like it is when he tells you. It's up to you to answer Ripley's question at that point.

CovertPosts: 1,094 Fantastic

Understandable, and we know that others feel the same way. I'll pass the feedback along to the community team. However, with the FC currency system changes, it wont require as much spending as you reference. Also, all cards since mark 3 have had insurance currencies to get the costume you want. I'm still working out details of FC currency costs for costumes, but we agree that 95 is high.

so... Does this mean that Mark 3 and more recent FC currencies will be unified? That would be very welcome for a change...

Pro FounderLocation Training with Ben at the Baxter Building.Posts: 1,213 Fantastic

@Ahmadin said:

so... Does this mean that Mark 3 and more recent FC currencies will be unified? That would be very welcome for a change...

Read this post, broham:
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4303275#Comment_4303275

I pray at the foot of Khonshu's statue.
We may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still our own.
#TeamCap #PlayableQuake #MoonKnightBoxers

@Asros
What about players who bought FC Mk 1 and 2? Will they recieve any new FC currency by a chance?

@Asros said:

@misterder said:

@Jhur said:
@Asros Right now if you don't have a costume equipped it shows the default costume. Because of that I blended my defaults for a few heroes that I have done cosmic prestige already. Meaning I don't actually have a default costume anymore. Does that mean I won't have a default when the costume closet hits for those characters?

Sorry for asking late I'm a night owl. lol

Yes, you will have a default with the closet.

@Roscuro said:
is the reason why Gaz is not bring over loot box to pc is because pc will be shutting and theres no point?

No. In order to bring the loot box system to PC we would have to remove all costumes purchasable for G's, which we know players would overwhelmingly not want. So we're keeping the current model of a mix between Gstore and FC's going forward.

@Thordek said:
I'm a little worried for costumes being locked behind Fortune Cards tho. Whatever the ESRB said, I still find the Fortune card / Lootbox system kind of gamble and I'm not too keen on having to buy multiple 5000gs card decks to get a costume that would have costed me less than 1500. I'm sure that from your POV it's the way to go, but if all the cool costumes ends up being locked on FC, I don't really see a win / win situation.

At least, when showcasing new costumes or previews, have the decency to tell us right away how we will be able to obtain / buy them. This way, you won't build unnecessary hype that lead ton angers when we discover it's tied to FC ;)

@DJmouse said:
Solution: Keep achievement titles exclusive to those achievements, but add other random/cool titles for Loot Boxes.

Think of it like our PC costumes. Some achievements have exclusive costumes to earn, while the rest are free to grind or purchase. Unless Gaz is selling Achievement rewards via Loot Boxes, I don't see an issue.

Again, we're not changing anything regarding this on PC. The post was discussing CONSOLE ONLY.

We may add titles to FC's in the future on PC that are thematic to the card, but there will always be those from achievements, etc.

@Askanisson said:

@Asros said:

I was under the impression the Super Blender rolls a costume for the hero that costume is for, now it seems that's any costume we don't have in the game.
Was that a change or was I mistaken?
I'm curious because I was hoping that this could be a way of obtaining the Fantastic Four/Surfer costumes are they going to be available from the Super Blender?

Well it's official we tried and we lost.

Stark-TechPosts: 104 Incredible
edited October 18

Hopefully you will consider allowing trade in team ups as well as costumes for the new fortune card currency. I currently have three duplicates that as far as I know do nothing more than occupy inventory space.

By the way, good job on the currency consolidation and yes, roughly $95 U.S. to guarantee a costume makes them the most expensive costumes in game. I have more boots than I currently know what to do with because of costume hunting.