Categories

Console is getting titiles via loot boxes...

GazillionPosts: 4,657 Staff

@Tobbie said:
@asros can you at least do me 1 favor? Right before this massive TC hits can you please please please refresh TC right away so we can see what we will be getting when the patch hits? I would hate to log in and i'm like 2 months ago version.

I'm still bitter about people prestiging now getting guaranteed costumes while i'm full cosmic and had to blender mine for luck but what can you do.

Yes, we'll be doing data refreshes.

Brian Waggoner - Game/Systems Designer

Twitter - Asros

@Vulmio said:

@Asros said:

• Making it so if you get a duplicate costume from a FC or Bundle, you instead get an allocation of the FC currency instead

Thanks for the news. I really like that last part !

My feedback about monetization and shop items : I used to spend a lot for Mystery Boxes. I like surprises and the amount and diversity of items I could get from them.

Since boosts were changed, it feels really less fun to open those boxes (and FC) because the variety of items is extremely reduced. Also, since we "have to" (not really but you see what I mean) use 5 boosts at a time the boosts I get from the boxes are spent in a couple of days while before, by using 2 boosts at a time, they would last for weeks.

Do you have plans to create new "super boosts" to be added to Mystery Boxes and FC ?

Also what are the plans for dupe costumes from Mystery Boxes ?

No plans for new boosts at this time.

Getting duplicate costumes from any source will give you the same amount of FC currency to spend.

Twitter - Asros

MutatedLocation BostonPosts: 15,904 Cosmic

Or... just come to us with what you want to do and go from there at least. @Asros

@Asros said:

@Vulmio said:

@Asros said:

• Making it so if you get a duplicate costume from a FC or Bundle, you instead get an allocation of the FC currency instead

My feedback about monetization and shop items : I used to spend a lot for Mystery Boxes. I like surprises and the amount and diversity of items I could get from them.

Since boosts were changed, it feels really less fun to open those boxes (and FC) because the variety of items is extremely reduced. Also, since we "have to" (not really but you see what I mean) use 5 boosts at a time the boosts I get from the boxes are spent in a couple of days while before, by using 2 boosts at a time, they would last for weeks.

Do you have plans to create new "super boosts" to be added to Mystery Boxes and FC ?

Getting duplicate costumes from any source will give you the same amount of FC currency to spend.

Hope I'm not too late, this all sounds awesome! Can I ask whilst we're talking about cards could we add flourishes to hero specific STASH tabs? I have a couple of team specific or hero specific flourishes that surprisingly won't go in (Groot and Guardians of the Galaxy surprisingly won't go in Rockets tab)

Love the work you guys have been putting out!

@AdamMorley said:

@Asros said:

@Vulmio said:

@Asros said:

Hope I'm not too late, this all sounds awesome! Can I ask whilst we're talking about cards could we add flourishes to hero specific STASH tabs? I have a couple of team specific or hero specific flourishes that surprisingly won't go in (Groot and Guardians of the Galaxy surprisingly won't go in Rockets tab)

Unfortunately, no. We'd have to make the items bind, which we dont like since we want you to be able to switch them around.

Twitter - Asros

@Asros said:

@AdamMorley said:

@Asros said:

@Vulmio said:

@Asros said:

Unfortunately, no. We'd have to make the items bind, which we dont like since we want you to be able to switch them around.

Thanks for answering! Really helps give an insight on the decisions you guys have to make that to people like me (who doesn't understand coding) why things that appear simple are actually not as straightforward as they seem at first!

With Uru items gone I've got a new STASH tab to chuck my unassigned flourishes!

@Asros said:

• Making every FC costume/team up individually purchasable with the new currency, including FC MK 1 and 2 costumes(possibly all pets and visuals as well)

What's this? So I can finally get that spidey noir costume after all these years? I will actually log in for that.

True BelieverLocation Right herePosts: 4,668 Cosmic
edited October 18

@Asros said:
I'm working this week on making the costume/fortune card/duplicate costume systems all work well when we switch to the costume closet for the Omega Patch. This includes:

• Unifying all FC currencies(Magically converting all FC currency you have in to the new currency on login)
  • Edit: Looking more into what the versioning is done to your dupe costumes on login, will update soon
  • Adding that currency to the currency tab so it doesnt have to sit in your inventory/stash
  • Making every FC costume/team up individually purchasable with the new currency, including FC MK 1 and 2 costumes(possibly all pets and visuals as well)
  • Reducing the currency cost per costume at least in half for all existing currency, however, we use a rarity based pricing on them going forward(in the case we put enhanced costumes, with or without powers) on the vendor. We've already done this to some extent, having costumes for 95 currency or 50, but this depends on how we distribute the more work intensive costumes.

It's this kind of stuff that kept me playing and spending for years.

It was the cessation of this kind of stuff that made me stop playing and spending for the last year.

If the game is headed back in this direction, then things are looking up.

"You can have fun, or you can have safety, but you can't have them both" -a ten year old

True BelieverLocation Right herePosts: 4,668 Cosmic

@Asros said:
Re: What happens to your dupe costumes when the omega patch hits:

The system will take all of them and for every 3 duplicates you have, it will unlock 1 random costume THAT YOU DONT ALREADY HAVE.

So it is effectively super-blendering them for you.

For real!?!? That is pretty awesome. Big improvement! (not being sarcastic here)

"You can have fun, or you can have safety, but you can't have them both" -a ten year old

Location In the depths of the mindPosts: 205 Amazing

@Asros said:

The system will take all of them and for every 3 duplicates you have, it will unlock 1 random costume THAT YOU DONT ALREADY HAVE.

But does this count for DEFAULT COSTUMES? People have said if I had 4 defaults that are the same, it would take 1 default away and then count the other 3 to getting a new costume. Need confirmation about this. :|

True BelieverPosts: 389 Amazing

@Asros said:

I currently own every costume, and I have enough dupes to blend at least 15 times. What will happen when there aren't enough costumes that I don't have for me to receive?

ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Sinking ship called Florida.Posts: 1,525 Fantastic

@AdamMorley said:

@Asros said:

@AdamMorley said:

@Asros said:

@Vulmio said:

@Asros said:

Thanks for answering! Really helps give an insight on the decisions you guys have to make that to people like me (who doesn't understand coding) why things that appear simple are actually not as straightforward as they seem at first!

With Uru items gone I've got a new STASH tab to chuck my unassigned flourishes!

You know we have a vendor to just buy those right?
Or did you mean character stash? Flourishes dont assign and can not go in there.

this just in from Marvel!

@Asros said:

@brawlerman125 said:

@Asros said:

But does this count for DEFAULT COSTUMES? People have said if I had 4 defaults that are the same, it would take 1 default away and then count the other 3 to getting a new costume. Need confirmation about this. :|

This is correct, since the first one isn't technically a duplicate, it is what unlocks the costume in the first place.

except the default is unlocked regardless if you have the actual item or not. many of use blended defaults as they weren't required to get that look on the hero, and we have to have the default. to me making the default behave the same as other costumes isn't right. as it punishes those of us that blended the defaults away.

I think earning them and getting them are both fine.

AsgardianLocation Helicarrier hella-padPosts: 221 Amazing

I have 2 oddball questions since they're proly stupid and I don' wanna hear ' no stoopid questions'

1) achievement costumes like Hulks white jacket tux... will those still be around later on or do I need to grind that humongous kill tally right now.

2) I've been blending costumes for awhile now and while it took me by surprise to find that on some of the toons the base costume got switched away on me like the fun old purple pants Hulk; I'm nervous that having blended away all my base costume copies leaning on the default appearance being there for me without a costume, when the Omega Wave hits will those of us without a copy of that base costume in our Stash be just out of luck?

I apologize in advance if you've already answered these questions but I haven't been able to track them down and look forward to finding out.

Cheers!
Agni

True BelieverPosts: 100 Incredible

@Asros said:

@Asros, what if I already have all costumes and a bunch of duplicates?