Categories

Console is getting titiles via loot boxes...

Posts: 1,583 Fantastic

@VergiltheFallen said:
Endorsing laziness. That's all what it is. Now imagine a guy with three days experience on the game and he bought the titles off and now has more titles than you, who has been playing for four years. I'd imagine a lot of banging of heads on the nearest solid surfaces irl.

There should be special titles given to those who played a long time as well, Veteran and similar.

Titles that nobody could purchase!

Askani'sonLocation .noPosts: 668 Amazing

I'd rather have titles than boosts and rubbish in FC's. I cba doing the long-Trash Panda! achievements, so I'm stuck with dumb titles like "Anti-Registration" and whatever. If I could get Askani'son in a FC, you damn skippy I'd atleast try D:

sigh

ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Sinking ship called Florida.Posts: 1,525 Fantastic

@Kitanyah said:

@VergiltheFallen said:
Endorsing laziness. That's all what it is. Now imagine a guy with three days experience on the game and he bought the titles off and now has more titles than you, who has been playing for four years. I'd imagine a lot of banging of heads on the nearest solid surfaces irl.

There should be special titles given to those who played a long time as well, Veteran and similar.

Titles that nobody could purchase!

Its on console, so the "vets" havnt been playing that long.
Different platform, different rules.

avast ye mateys!
i'll meet ya in MH hell!

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 9,084 Cosmic

Implying the PC players on consoles want to do the work twice for the titles.

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant Just kidding my wallet is now closed for Gazillion. Hello, Crossout!

#WotrickBulgeMaster2015 #DiamondCapes2016 #CauliflowerHeroes2017 #RIPMH2017

R.I.P. TranzAnatomie Long live Payneshu!

image
Location Be Better #metoo DVD's are an obsolete format in todays mediaPosts: 8,475 Cosmic

Can someone explain to me why this is a thing?

check the tweets for insight https://twitter.com/FatZackMorris

Ask your local CoKHead about CoKTalk if you want

ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Sinking ship called Florida.Posts: 1,525 Fantastic

@wotrick said:
Can someone explain to me why this is a thing?

The thread or the thread subject matter?

avast ye mateys!
i'll meet ya in MH hell!

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 9,084 Cosmic

@wotrick said:

@Tocimus said:

@wotrick said:
Can someone explain to me why this is a thing?

The thread or the thread subject matter?

Yes

I think it's pretty hilarious they think people will pay money for titles or that people want to buy titles.

If you were new to MH and only play console games you might like to earn the titles. I think most of their player base is PC players who moved over there so why would they even want to earn them again?

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant Just kidding my wallet is now closed for Gazillion. Hello, Crossout!

#WotrickBulgeMaster2015 #DiamondCapes2016 #CauliflowerHeroes2017 #RIPMH2017

R.I.P. TranzAnatomie Long live Payneshu!

image
ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Sinking ship called Florida.Posts: 1,525 Fantastic

@Payneshu said:

@wotrick said:

@Tocimus said:

@wotrick said:
Can someone explain to me why this is a thing?

The thread or the thread subject matter?

Yes

I think it's pretty hilarious they think people will pay money for titles or that people want to buy titles.

If you were new to MH and only play console games you might like to earn the titles. I think most of their player base is PC players who moved over there so why would they even want to earn them again?

From what i gather just looking at forum, mostly new players.

avast ye mateys!
i'll meet ya in MH hell!

Posts: 2,082 Fantastic

"Clueless"

@TheNapman said:
Apparently it's a bannable offence to photograph the sign on Gazillions office door. Gazillion is a knockoff EA. All the bad but none of the money and success.

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 9,084 Cosmic

@Tocimus said:

@Payneshu said:

@wotrick said:

@Tocimus said:

@wotrick said:
Can someone explain to me why this is a thing?

The thread or the thread subject matter?

Yes

I think it's pretty hilarious they think people will pay money for titles or that people want to buy titles.

If you were new to MH and only play console games you might like to earn the titles. I think most of their player base is PC players who moved over there so why would they even want to earn them again?

From what i gather just looking at forum, mostly new players.

Has anyone told them they can get those titles for free on PC? They should invest in a solid PC rather than flimsy titles on the console games.

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant Just kidding my wallet is now closed for Gazillion. Hello, Crossout!

#WotrickBulgeMaster2015 #DiamondCapes2016 #CauliflowerHeroes2017 #RIPMH2017

R.I.P. TranzAnatomie Long live Payneshu!

image
ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Sinking ship called Florida.Posts: 1,525 Fantastic

@Payneshu said:

@Tocimus said:

@Payneshu said:

@wotrick said:

@Tocimus said:

@wotrick said:
Can someone explain to me why this is a thing?

The thread or the thread subject matter?

Yes

I think it's pretty hilarious they think people will pay money for titles or that people want to buy titles.

If you were new to MH and only play console games you might like to earn the titles. I think most of their player base is PC players who moved over there so why would they even want to earn them again?

From what i gather just looking at forum, mostly new players.

Has anyone told them they can get those titles for free on PC? They should invest in a solid PC rather than flimsy titles on the console games.

After checking out the console version, im a little jelly.
If my account was copied over i might play there. But Not buying things twice.

Kids cant afford pc.
And most adults would rather sit on couch/bed with a controller.

Pc has better controls, more content, and TUs.
I'd much rather be playing in bed atm.

avast ye mateys!
i'll meet ya in MH hell!

Posts: 4,518 Cosmic

@Payneshu said:

@wotrick said:

@Tocimus said:

@wotrick said:
Can someone explain to me why this is a thing?

The thread or the thread subject matter?

Yes

I think it's pretty hilarious they think people will pay money for titles or that people want to buy titles.

Titles are basicly just fodder for the lootboxes.

I don't think it's the reward you are aiming for when you are buying the box, it's more about saying when you get it "well, it could have been worse. At least it's not a crafting material." It does not cost them anything to produce anyway.

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

Location Talk less. Smile more. Posts: 13,227 Cosmic

Again, this is a good thing. If Gaz were smart, this is how it would've ALWAYS worked.

If money is the concern, any and all cosmetics should have been in loot boxes from the beginning. From titles to pets, to flares, to emotes, to costumes to whatever else.

Everybody mock him!

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 9,084 Cosmic

@Tocimus said:

@Payneshu said:

@Tocimus said:

@Payneshu said:

@wotrick said:

@Tocimus said:

@wotrick said:
Can someone explain to me why this is a thing?

The thread or the thread subject matter?

Yes

I think it's pretty hilarious they think people will pay money for titles or that people want to buy titles.

If you were new to MH and only play console games you might like to earn the titles. I think most of their player base is PC players who moved over there so why would they even want to earn them again?

From what i gather just looking at forum, mostly new players.

Has anyone told them they can get those titles for free on PC? They should invest in a solid PC rather than flimsy titles on the console games.

After checking out the console version, im a little jelly.
If my account was copied over i might play there. But Not buying things twice.

Kids cant afford pc.
And most adults would rather sit on couch/bed with a controller.

Pc has better controls, more content, and TUs.
I'd much rather be playing in bed atm.

As a long time PC only player there is no redeeming quality to couch-co-op or consoles in general. Not only are you limiting your gaming experience, but the quality of the titles and variety of titles you have access to is limited as well. Not to mention the inability to upgrade your console over time. No, you have to literally buy all new components each console rather than dumping a little money here or there as components go on sale.

Laying on the couch or a bed isn't really an upside when you can recline at your PC.

Different tokes for different folks I guess. lol

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant Just kidding my wallet is now closed for Gazillion. Hello, Crossout!

#WotrickBulgeMaster2015 #DiamondCapes2016 #CauliflowerHeroes2017 #RIPMH2017

R.I.P. TranzAnatomie Long live Payneshu!

image
Posts: 4,518 Cosmic
edited October 17

@BohemianRhapsody said:
Again, this is a good thing. If Gaz were smart, this is how it would've ALWAYS worked.

If money is the concern, any and all cosmetics should have been in loot boxes from the beginning. From titles to pets, to flares, to emotes, to costumes to whatever else.

While I agree that, as long as it's cosmetic, I don't care and they might as well try to make some money from it. (still some cosmetics can be used as reward incentives to play the game though)

@Doomsaw has said that MH had one of the best Average Revenue by User of the market, it's just that they have never had a lot of player to begin with. (and thus that they were only making enough to break even ... until they have not been able to do that anymore and then began a downward spiral) Something that can easily be (partially) blamed on the total lack of marketing/advertisement.

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

Posts: 1,458 Cosmic

@asros can you at least do me 1 favor? Right before this massive TC hits can you please please please refresh TC right away so we can see what we will be getting when the patch hits? I would hate to log in and i'm like 2 months ago version.

I'm still bitter about people prestiging now getting guaranteed costumes while i'm full cosmic and had to blender mine for luck but what can you do.

Posts: 3,531 Cosmic

@Asros said:

  • Making it so if you get a duplicate costume from a FC or Bundle, you instead get an allocation of the FC currency instead

Thanks for the news. I really like that last part !

My feedback about monetization and shop items : I used to spend a lot for Mystery Boxes. I like surprises and the amount and diversity of items I could get from them.

Since boosts were changed, it feels really less fun to open those boxes (and FC) because the variety of items is extremely reduced. Also, since we "have to" (not really but you see what I mean) use 5 boosts at a time the boosts I get from the boxes are spent in a couple of days while before, by using 2 boosts at a time, they would last for weeks.

Do you have plans to create new "super boosts" to be added to Mystery Boxes and FC ?

Also what are the plans for dupe costumes from Mystery Boxes ?

Sign In or Register to comment.