Categories

Friday Summary (10/13) - Spider-Woman, Civil War, & More!

@Kitanyah said:
Wait, is everything coming 23rd Nov?

Civil-Woman, Spider Wars and more?

@AgentVapor

They won't be able to release Omega Patch on 23rd November. So, they will say "unforeseen technical difficulties, fixing fatal bugs", etc.

@SneakyErvin said:

@MasterNix said:

@SneakyErvin said:

@MasterNix said:
Yes you got it, that's why we get the costume closet, so there are no more free costumes and they hope to sell more and earn more money.

I know how they designed them, the point still stands that they could have changed it over the course of 4+ years or at least do it for the most recent additions like SSB. There are also other things that belong in the same complain basket, runes, gifted runes and runes from events use three different stash slots, or the different FC currency for the opened FC's each one of them uses a unique stash slot. etc.
Just to get back, STASH is the money maker (thats why there are only so little stash sales per year) and they will not give you a QOL improvement when it means that stash is affected badly in any way (from their perspective).

Yeah they remove the way costumes work and give us those that we dont own for our current dupes in order to make more money. I see their masterplan.

Stash is also not the big money maker, FCs and Boosts are on PC. I've managed with 13 extra stashes since I started, 2 or 3 of them have been free or purchased for ES, 2 or 3 of them were crafting stashes and half of the others have been bought on sale or with a 90% off on G coupon.

With the Omega patch, 3 to 5 of my stashes will be empty again, maybe even more depending how many of my artifacts I need to keep around. So yes, they do QoL changes related to the stash that actually hurts them if stashes are the big sellers. The only stash bloats I currently have are runes, costumes and relics.

I mean if you can't see it, I can't help you any further to understand it. If FC would be the big seller, they would bring the equivalent of crappy lootboxes from the consoles to the PC too. I don't think that boosts are the big sellers anymore, since they got streamlined.
I play with 5 stashes and space is tight af. The Omega patch will only free up space in form from costumes in my case but these are maybe 5 spaces.

You should have probably read the 2016 statistics thread officially posted by Gaz. FCs and boosts are the top sellers. That is why they went with the lootboxes on console and not direct purchase costumes. That is why 90% of the things during the GotG2 "event" were sold through FC and why 100% of the things during the Homecoming "event" were sold in the same exact way.

If stashes were a big seller they would highly likely develop more around the expansion of just the stash, which currently has a strict limit and have had for quite a while now. Many people are begging for more of them, but Gaz have said it wouldnt be worth putting resources on it to allow further expansion since it isnt profitable enough because not enough people max their stash.

An official statement of the most selling items in the G shop? Can you please link to that? If I assume that you gave me the right information, why won't they change the sales model on PC then? Current information was given, that the loot boxes from consoles won't come to PC.

Obviously stash gets less and less value at a certain point, but until lets say 8 - 10 stash tabs, you get a lot of QOL.

Location Wandering the left hand pathPosts: 4,889 Cosmic

@MasterNix said:

@SneakyErvin said:

@MasterNix said:

@SneakyErvin said:

@MasterNix said:
Yes you got it, that's why we get the costume closet, so there are no more free costumes and they hope to sell more and earn more money.

I know how they designed them, the point still stands that they could have changed it over the course of 4+ years or at least do it for the most recent additions like SSB. There are also other things that belong in the same complain basket, runes, gifted runes and runes from events use three different stash slots, or the different FC currency for the opened FC's each one of them uses a unique stash slot. etc.
Just to get back, STASH is the money maker (thats why there are only so little stash sales per year) and they will not give you a QOL improvement when it means that stash is affected badly in any way (from their perspective).

Yeah they remove the way costumes work and give us those that we dont own for our current dupes in order to make more money. I see their masterplan.

Stash is also not the big money maker, FCs and Boosts are on PC. I've managed with 13 extra stashes since I started, 2 or 3 of them have been free or purchased for ES, 2 or 3 of them were crafting stashes and half of the others have been bought on sale or with a 90% off on G coupon.

With the Omega patch, 3 to 5 of my stashes will be empty again, maybe even more depending how many of my artifacts I need to keep around. So yes, they do QoL changes related to the stash that actually hurts them if stashes are the big sellers. The only stash bloats I currently have are runes, costumes and relics.

I mean if you can't see it, I can't help you any further to understand it. If FC would be the big seller, they would bring the equivalent of crappy lootboxes from the consoles to the PC too. I don't think that boosts are the big sellers anymore, since they got streamlined.
I play with 5 stashes and space is tight af. The Omega patch will only free up space in form from costumes in my case but these are maybe 5 spaces.

You should have probably read the 2016 statistics thread officially posted by Gaz. FCs and boosts are the top sellers. That is why they went with the lootboxes on console and not direct purchase costumes. That is why 90% of the things during the GotG2 "event" were sold through FC and why 100% of the things during the Homecoming "event" were sold in the same exact way.

If stashes were a big seller they would highly likely develop more around the expansion of just the stash, which currently has a strict limit and have had for quite a while now. Many people are begging for more of them, but Gaz have said it wouldnt be worth putting resources on it to allow further expansion since it isnt profitable enough because not enough people max their stash.

An official statement of the most selling items in the G shop? Can you please link to that? If I assume that you gave me the right information, why won't they change the sales model on PC then? Current information was given, that the loot boxes from consoles won't come to PC.

Obviously stash gets less and less value at a certain point, but until lets say 8 - 10 stash tabs, you get a lot of QOL.

Here is the official info-graphic. https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/316192/marvel-heroes-2016-info-graphic/p1

No idea why it wont change on PC, could be because it would drive people to simply not buy due to a massive risk of getting dupes, seeing as how many of us are vets at this point in time. I know I wouldnt spend on it to get a specific costume. I did with cards a few times, but that is it since there was no other way and they were kinda special. Buying regular costumes through boxes, no thanks.

Rather a day as a wolf than a thousand years as a sheep.

I am absolutely ecstatic that Classic Loki finally gets the "Boss Version" look. I have wanted this costume for a very long time and every time I fought Boss version Loki, i put a little extra fervor into my assault.

Loki is not perfect by any means and he still desperately needs a new, more engaging signature, but this is enough to keep me invested into playing my favorite God and villain.

It's a shame though that you release his Ragnorok costume at the same time, because now I will have to choose which costume to use primarily.

In short, Loki has some of the very best collection of costumes at his disposal now and I mean i would back the claim that he has the best collection of costumes over anyone on the roster right now.

Just because Ironman has 76 costumes does not mean his are the best.

Pro FounderLocation San FranciscoPosts: 53 Mighty

@AgentPilot said:
@VergiltheFallen Yeah, the bonus XP should be all Heroes.
@Damkac89 Yup, should be the original rewards.

Any chance we could keep the Cosmic Chaos lvling bonus for cosmic prestige, or at least for the Civil War heroes?

Location R'lyehPosts: 207 Amazing

@AgentPilot said:

Sweet. Finally, I can stop begging around for the Reactor xD

David Dohrmann, the resident fck trd, who's sole purpose of existing is destroying lives professionally (firing all Gaz employees with no severance package) and personally (Jessica Minor-Google it). DO NOT PLAY ANY GAME REMOTELY RELATED TO this depraved lunatic.

edited October 17

Warning : I have just (Well, a few hours ago but I just wope up) received a PM by @AgentPilot . They have lost tracks of at least some of the threads in which we have been asking questions since september 21.

So I am going to try to point them out :

Am I missing any obvious ones ? (I was thinking maybe about the announcement and the Q&A threads themselves but they were not that question-oriented).

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

True BelieverPosts: 505 Amazing

@AgentPilot said:

In this original rewards...

1- Can you put the White Rabbit Uniques?
2- Can you put the Bovinehein portal?
3- Can you put Nevermelt Ice-cream?

Pleaseeee!!! :smiley:

Location EuropePosts: 1,433 Fantastic
edited October 17

@Rasetsu said:
Warning : I have just (Well, I few hours ago but I just wope up) received a PM by @AgentPilot . They have lost tracks of at least some of the threads in which we have been asking questions since september 21.

So I am going to try to point them out :

Am I missing any obvious ones ? (I was thinking maybe about the announcement and the Q&A threads themselves but they were not that question-oriented).

This one: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/328211/ceo-and-ep-q-a-live-stream

Sadly even the google cache of it is expired now, so let's hope they have moved it somewhere else internally and not just deleted it.

mikwaldo compiled the questions from that thread here: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4299793#Comment_4299793

Edit: Still in Bing cache (the first page at least): http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/328211/ceo-and-ep-q-a-live-stream&d=4879075961799815&mkt=en-WW&setlang=en-US&w=kW53xFevlo2qvyKIsT5jcAT7RYD4guSi

Do you mind? I'm trying to learn about the Okapi.

@Rasetsu said:
They have lost tracks of at least some of the threads in which we have been asking questions since september 21.

I was trying to find a somewhat snarky remark for that, but I'm just speechless.

(Anyway, posted the link to the biggest such thread, which has been deleted from the public forums for reasons unknown, above.)

Pro FounderPosts: 1,769 Cosmic

@Marakatti said:

@Rasetsu said:
They have lost tracks of at least some of the threads in which we have been asking questions since september 21.

I was trying to find a somewhat snarky remark for that, but I'm just speechless.

(Anyway, posted the link to the biggest such thread, which has been deleted from the public forums for reasons unknown, above.)

All the words for all the situations we can expect, in a single gif.

Thanks again, @Rasetsu , your support as chronicler is greatly appreciated.

"I'm born of smokeless Fire. I bend my knee to no God nor any child of Man."

True BelieverPosts: 682 Amazing

@AgentPilot

Is there going to be a capeless variant of the classic update? The cape is a big design element change that some may not like (me included)

In the same update we'll also be updating Loki's Classic costume with a new look:

The in game announcement indicates that the Civil war event is live but ... it does not seem to be the case ? We can't enter Cap or Ironman Hideout, and crossbones chase/the aeroport are not in the challenge tab ? (I thought it required a patch anyway and that's why gaz had not done that event in a long time).

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

Nothing working apart Seals droping. Even bonus exp not set properly. Sounds like a really bad joke.

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

True BelieverLocation The MilanoPosts: 507 Amazing

Thanks for the news update @AgentVapor

Nice to come to the PC forums and see something exciting and positive (it's been awhile...).

PS
The Spider-Woman alt costume looks amazing. Cudos to whoever did that.

Location Spider woman's housePosts: 54 Mighty

I wonder if they will fix the bug that is not allowed to enter the hiding places, beyond the mission to go after the crossbones and the fight of the airport that is not yet available ...

@Marakatti said:

@Rasetsu said:
Warning : I have just (Well, I few hours ago but I just wope up) received a PM by @AgentPilot . They have lost tracks of at least some of the threads in which we have been asking questions since september 21.
[...]

This one: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/328211/ceo-and-ep-q-a-live-stream

I really do wonder what happened to that thread (it's still not back on the public forums).

Was it moved to a Gaz-only area? Why?

Was it accidentally deleted? How can that happen? Do you have backups?

Was it deleted on purpose? Why?

(I'm not the only one who cannot access that thread, am I?)

Here's the OP again:

@AgentPilot said:
Hi Everyone,

Made this thread on both PC and Console Forums to track any questions that you would like to see the CEO and @Orren answer in an upcoming live stream in 2 weeks. We're also tracking all the feedback from previous threads as well, and will gather the common burning questions.

They'll probably look to answer some of the higher level questions (direction of MHO, Gaz, etc.) over specific items like the release date of Black Bolt (which we will have news on this week), but we'll look to answer as many common or big questions as we can. Thanks again for all your feedback.

People put in their time to post many pages of many, many questions, very few of which were answered in the "live stream" (actually just a forum post). (They're not completely lost, mikwaldo compiled them, link in one of my previous posts here.) I just really cannot understand where that thread has gone? I know, out of all the things that are happening that is maybe the weirdest/least important one to get hung up on, but I just don't get it ...

ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Sinking ship called Florida.Posts: 1,525 Fantastic

Some good posts this week @AgentPilot lets end on that high note!

avast ye mateys!
i'll meet ya in MH hell!