Categories

Friday Summary (10/13) - Spider-Woman, Civil War, & More!

@JamesBarnes said:
Seeing as how Spider-Woman looks to be a hybrid nightmare melee/range/handtohand/energy I can see her being a nightmare to gear for. Is that being taken into consideration? Seeing as how the console legendaries are so narrow in damage types, as well as Omega gear affixes.

It does not seem to be worse than pretty much half of the roster.

it will be interesting to see what tags they are going to use for Loki.

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

Lux
Lux
edited October 13

@AgentPilot said:

@ThorGodOfStrength said:
@AgentPilot

What about Unworthy Thor (some sneak peak)? I thought he would appear before Spider-Woman.
Is Thor getting a revamp from console?
Are You going to release VU's for Thor costumes too (especially classic, modern and king Thor)?
It would be cool if You released a pack of VU's for Thor costumes similar to "Logan event".
Thanks in advance for any info.

The info I have right now is no VU planned for this upcoming update for Thor. But there will be new Thor costumes we're looking to unveil just a bit later.

Will Taskmaster get his VU finally? Any info would be highly appreciated.

WebheadLocation Over there.Posts: 1,267 Fantastic

Those Spider-Woman costumes have me feeling some kinda way for real. *ahem Dat booty do'
I'm legitimately split between which I'm going to play with (guess I better get some Gs while I'm at it), as I love both costumes (but prefer her new/current one). Great job to whomever put those together. Also, I really am liking the idea of her playstyle - can't wait to give her a go.

CovertPosts: 1,094 Fantastic

Quite surprised that for a PC friday summary you don't have much to debate about the failed stream or Q&A (focused on PC)... That was quite disappointing, again...

The MCU costumes are always nice to see and being implemented, though I still feel you guys focus too much on MCU merchandise when half of the community is a die hard MARVEL Comics fan. The movie fans are like waves, they come and go with each new movie release.

Also no Ultimate Thor VU? :s His hair has been bugged since release :( Can you tell us which heroes do you have planned for VU with the patch? Venom, Loki... any other? Is Loki going to have a QoL update as well?

The Civil War event is a nice gesture against the complains of lack of rotativity, thank you. @AgentPilot any chance Civil War and Kaecilius event become Special Missions (AKA Terminals)?

Just wanted to thank you @AgentPilot . I know the team is trying to make amends with us PC community as best as you can, and it must be hard and intimidating for you parachuting in the middle of this feud. So far you are doing a better job than the one before you.

Also, props for @zWolfiez for the mad response rate of late. Good job, man. Stay strong.

Pro FounderLocation Training with Ben at the Baxter Building.Posts: 1,212 Fantastic

Jessica looks gorgeous, good job there, whoever is responsible!
And as many others in the thread already inquired, more info on visual updates would be very welcome. It's bad enough the my favorite character won't get one anytime soon (thanks, Marvel! spits on the ground), but what about the others, like Cable, or Taskmaster?
Just bring them to console faster if that's the frickin' problem, geez!

(All you have to do is admitting what we already know: that the line of PC=lead plattform was utter tosh, and you're golden. Bing Bang Donezo.)

I pray at the foot of Khonshu's statue.
We may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still our own.
#TeamCap #PlayableQuake #MoonKnightBoxers

This is a lot of what people have been asking for. I realize you're not going to be able to deliver like this every time, but I still appreciate the effort given the mood of the forum this past week.

Even more Pumped for Spiderwoman. Holy Trash Panda! her costumes are incredible.

That Loki costume gives me plenty of reason to dust him off; it looks amazing. This also makes me wonder if what you're going to do with Thor's costume from the movie. Will if actually be for Thor or will it be with Odinson since he's "Unworthy" in the movie??

His VU looks off to me, though. It's like a mix of realism and cartoonism that doesn't quite work. Maybe it'll look better in-game, although I still think you guys should be randomizing the boss costumes of every villain in-game that has the extras (and add Carnage as a villain while you're at it). It'd be neat to meet this new version of Loki in ICP, for instance.

I have a question.
When will the PC players get the Apocalypse event and content? Why did the Xbox and Playstation get it first?

edited October 13

@AgentPilot said:

@ThorGodOfStrength said:
@AgentPilot

What about Unworthy Thor (some sneak peak)? I thought he would appear before Spider-Woman.
Is Thor getting a revamp from console?
Are You going to release VU's for Thor costumes too (especially classic, modern and king Thor)?
It would be cool if You released a pack of VU's for Thor costumes similar to "Logan event".
Thanks in advance for any info.

The info I have right now is no VU planned for this upcoming update for Thor. But there will be new Thor costumes we're looking to unveil just a bit later.

But what is the status of the new hero Odinson? He was firstly announced long before Spiderwoman and he was suspouse to be released with Omega patch, but I don't see you even mentioning him anywhere? Hope he wasn't he discarded or anything ;)

Location Daily Bugle BuildingPosts: 2,987 Cosmic

Hey,..I want a Spooky Loot Box too!

"Toad Men, Byrne?? Toad Men? I thought the cover was just a gag! I was all set for the Kree or the Skrulls... or even the crummy Kryloreans! But you stick me with the Toad Men??" ---Jennifer Walters

WelbyFlickr Cosplay pics
[VIDEO] My Random MMO vids.

@AgentPilot said:
Hi All,

We've got some cool news to share this Friday!

CIVIL WAR RETURNS

Next Thursday, we're happy to announce that in place of the Cosmic Chaos event we originally had on the October schedule, we are bringing back the Civil War event!

Madripoor Bazaar Chase - Maria Hill and S.H.I.E.L.D have been busy tracking Crossbones and have located him in a heavily populated Bazaar located in Madripoor. Many innocent civilians are trapped and only our heroes can go in and help them! The chase ends with a confrontation with Crossbones that will have a very polarizing effect on the world and their opinions on super heroes.

Civil War! - After the events of Madripoor, lines are drawn between Super Heroes and you must choose a side! Raise you influence with your team by doing daily missions and hunting down Super Villains. Will you do what it takes to ensure your side is the winning side, even if it means fighting other Super Heroes?

Tournament - Prove your allegiance by working with other players in a Civil War tournament, where the rewards are not based on individual placement, but team performance!

Bonus Experience - 150% server-side bonus Experience for all heroes!

FIRST LOOK: SPIDER-WOMAN

@MichaelMayhem breaks down a brief overview of Spider-Woman for us! We've also unveiled a model screenshot of the alt costume as well alongside the default costume.

Spider-Woman development is in its final stages, with all of her powers, traits, talents, and mechanics finished and in our QA team’s hands for final playtesting. We know many of you are excited for this hero and we are looking forward to your feedback.

Spider-Woman uses a mix of melee and ranged attacks, and has heavy themes of debuffs and crowd control. Applying damage over time or crowd control effects, then using other powers to exploit and combo into those effects, are a large part of how Spider-Woman will play as you level her. When talents unlock, her playstyle is more in your hands - you may choose to play her as a more agile brawler, a Venom blaster, make her crowd control effects more potent, or mix and match these components to create your own interpretation.

More details and previews will become available as we get closer to her launch, which is tentatively planned for release with the Omega patch by November 23.

THOR: RAGNAROK COSTUME PREVIEW

We're also really excited to announce that there will be an update on consoles and PC inspired by Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok. Although certain content like any Omega Prestige Heroes won't be part of the update for PC, PC Players will get new costumes inspired by the movie, along with Age of Apocalypse costumes! There's more in store for this Thor PC update, and we're happy to announce that this update is included in the Omega patch, still slated to release by November 23rd.

For a sneak peek, check out one of the costumes inspired by Thor: Ragnarok below!

In the same update we'll also be updating Loki's Classic costume with a new look:

We really hope you've enjoyed this Friday summary update. We're striving to give PC as much as we can as we ramp up for the big Omega patch update. Next Friday we'll have a Q&A with common questions we gather. Have a great weekend everyone!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! squeals excitedly

Playable Hero Requests:
1. Quake/Daisy Johnson
2. Agent Coulson
3. Madame Hydra/Viper
4. Doctor Octopus, Rhino, Shocker, Vulture, or any/all other Sinister Six villain
5. Jessica Jones

Team-Up Requests:
1. Lady Sif
2. Silver Sable
3. Coleen Wing
4. Misty Knight
5. Mockingbird
6. Also, all the current playable heroes should get Team-up counterparts, so we can team up with anyone in our roster.

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Hero Roster 2.x

Location Wandering the left hand pathPosts: 4,885 Cosmic

I must say, the character artists have outdone themselves again. Spider-Woman and Ragnarök Loki look amazing. I already liked the defualt Spider-Woman outfit and the classic Loki is done amazingly well also, as well as you can with the spandex trickster outfit.

But the new Ragnarök Loki is just wow!

Rather a day as a wolf than a thousand years as a sheep.

Location Near a windowPosts: 1,311 Fantastic

@TonyStarkMKVII said:
I have a question.
When will the PC players get the Apocalypse event and content? Why did the Xbox and Playstation get it first?

Did they say in one of the thousand-post threads that it needed the Omega Patch changes? I've lost track....

True BelieverPosts: 505 Amazing

Questions:

• Odinson and Hela terminal will avaiable with the movie or only after the Omega Patch?

• The Civil War will come back more times or we need finish yours achievements now?

Thanks for the info!

(Sugestion for the next Q&A: List all the currency and the Systems will be Change, Stay or Deleted in the Omega patch, to us know who we do before. Like say: Uniques and runes will be deleted, Costumes will change to Wardrobe and Fantastic Four stay - if you already has...)

Location Near a windowPosts: 1,311 Fantastic

@Swirley said:
Will Civil War be 2 weeks so we can do both sides?

Good question! @AgentPilot can you please ask The Powers That Be to do this? I think I'm missing achievements from both sides but can't check until after work.

True BelieverPosts: 973 Amazing

Any more vu's planned in the pipeline in general and will Spider woman team up use new model?

awesome work on the costumes as always guys.