Categories

Community Q&A

@Winterthur said:

@Tzeentch said:

@Winterthur said: In the not so distant future there will be things for you guys to spend your existing currencies on.

You're a good guy Winter, but i'm highly skeptical about this with the past and still current track record.

@Winterthur said: There are new items in Muspelheim.

Do you mean actual new items as in what people really think about when you say new items, or do you mean new items as in new Omega items will drop in there.

I phrase it that way because items that were specific to Musp. are what he referred to in the question, and it's a given that Omega items will be dropping there and replacing the legendaries that had once dropped to one extent or another.

I'm a huge fan of Discovery (the show and the act of) so I will say this. New Sets that are only obtainable from here, as well as some other new items.

;)

Do you mean items only obtainable from Raids with no possibility to acquire them in any other way ?

True BelieverLocation Right herePosts: 4,250 Cosmic

@Tzeentch said:
I'm re-posting this in hopes that news of everyone's displeasure goes up the chain and someone actually has the gumption to come here and actually answer some real questions...

@Tzeentch said:
For specific questions, and once again please do not obfuscate, evade, or pivot away from the point of the questions. As an example, please do not answer the first question below with something on par with 'well we can't manage your expectations' as that would easily qualify form one of the 3 'please do not's' i mentioned previously.

Lets see how many balls we dodge eh?

• Please explain why Apocalypse is not a boss in his own terminal, and why the terminal was touted as an Apocalypse terminal and not an Apocalypse THEMED terminal. Please add to the answer why this specifically wasn't mentioned in the 6+ months of development.
  • Why did you change course on Omega? When you changed course, why was this not discussed on the forum or with the players in any way? Once the new course had taken shape, explain why i would want these new items over my old items and how the differentiate from 'Unique items with a set bonus'. Please do not use the new tags as reasoning for new gear since old gear can be changed to suit that same tag system.
  • Please explain why you guys as a company thing 'dmg procs' are a good thing to lead the way of item design.
  • Please explain how you plan on fixing the 'snapshotting' issue with most channeled style skills.
  • Please explain why you used the (para)phrase "The PC is going to be our lead platform", when it will only be leading by days, or weeks, at best
  • Please tell me flat out how long the PC license is held by Gaz. If you can't tell us this, explain why you can't tell us and since it's the CEO as part of this 'above my pay grade' simply will not work as an answer.
  • Why has there been no significant changes to how the game works on the Gaz side of things, since the BUE? This is not limited to wanting to know why the game was slowed down yet drop rates and boss tables had never changed.
  • Please explain why the 'boss blog' never happened as it was still set to happen as of May 1st.
  • Explain why Nick Fury has no summoner tags on any of his skills.
  • Please explain why did Orren say that moving forward there would be more communication and player driven discussions when neither of those things had happened - or explain why the didn't happen in general.
  • Please explain why Omega is going live to the console and the PC in a literal untested by the players state. As in, no TC, no forum discussions to discuss anything you were making, etc...
  • Please explain why you think 'end-game' is prestiging.
  • Please explain why the Danger Room has been abandoned.
  • Please explain why 'chests' from events do not stack, and when the reason is given, why it has not been addressed.
  • Please explain why you are simply turning runes 'off' as opposed to doing anything else with them at all.
  • Please explain why the 2018 roadmap was not given to us in the 1-3 months we were told it would be. Please explain that road map now, as it's literally 3 months from 2018 and you literally can not not have a plan in place.
  • Please discuss the Steam player numbers that are out there, and please do not insist 'those are invalid numbers' and why you think those numbers are so low.
  • Please explain why there wasn't an 'end of uniques' event, and when the decision was made to not have one why the players were never told.
  • Why has the Civil War event never come back.
  • Why have many of the events only happened once or twice and have never returned.
  • Why were we promised a summer event that never happened.
  • When will event's as a whole be update so that it's not the same event week after week with almost 0 changes since implementation.
  • Please explain why a mode that drops no loot, Ultron Mode, uses up my boost timers.
  • Please explain to me, if the company thinks it's doing so well, why the company deserves another cake sent to them by the players.

You only asked like 4 questions. I bolded the only one that actually had a question mark in it. Your other points were mostly requests or statements.

That's why they couldn't answer your questions, Silly! You have to ask them in the form of a question! They would like you to proof read and re-write your paper with correct punctuation and resubmit it by the end of the day tomorrow.

You will be docked one letter grade.

"You can have fun, or you can have safety, but you can't have them both" -a ten year old

@Winterthur said:

@CrazyMercFan said:

@Winterthur said:
Cube Shards no longer drop. You will still be able to spend the ones you currently have at Adam Warlock. He'll be taking over Clea's old Cube Shard/Fortune Card duty in addition to his Eternity Splinter responsibilities.

As for currencies like commendations. These will not be supported in the future. This doesn't mean the commendations you currently have will not have a use, but because these were tied to things that won't be with the next patch, they currently do not have a place to be spent. In the not so distant future there will be things for you guys to spend your existing currencies on.

What about MK1 FC? I still need that elusive unmasked Deadpool!

This is still available for Cube Shards while you still have Cube Shards to spend.

And after they finish the cube shards? will there be no other way to acquire MK F1 than using real money?

@ManaKami said:

@RedNaW said:

@Winterthur said:

@CrazyMercFan said:

@Winterthur said:
Cube Shards no longer drop. You will still be able to spend the ones you currently have at Adam Warlock. He'll be taking over Clea's old Cube Shard/Fortune Card duty in addition to his Eternity Splinter responsibilities.

As for currencies like commendations. These will not be supported in the future. This doesn't mean the commendations you currently have will not have a use, but because these were tied to things that won't be with the next patch, they currently do not have a place to be spent. In the not so distant future there will be things for you guys to spend your existing currencies on.

This is still available for Cube Shards while you still have Cube Shards to spend.

And after they finish the cube shards? will there be no other way to acquire MK F1 than using real money?

Game will be deleted. Let it go

Until it's deleted, my question remains valid.

Location MNPosts: 1,200 Fantastic

@AgentPilot said:
Hi Everyone,

Here are the questions and answers that were planned for the CEO and EP live stream. Our Executive Producer @Orren is answering these, but everyone including our CEO touched on the PC licensing question, something that was not ignored or taken lightly. This isn't the end of the burning questions, and we'll be sure to be gathering more here to answer. Really want to thank you all for your patience!

Is the PC License Extended Beyond 2019? We were told console is, so wondering about PC. What is the future of the PC? Should I stop buying things now that I know you are working on a new game that will turn this lead platform even more abandoned? How can I trust that the game will still be active next year?

We’re not going to comment on licensing news getting out in the past, but it’s our company policy, like many companies, to not divulge licensing details. That doesn’t mean it’s a good or bad thing for us either way. It simply means we don’t talk about internal contracts. What we can tell you is that we’re absolutely committed here at Gazillion and are working hard on PC updates as we speak, starting with the Omega patch that's still slated to release by Nov 23. The vision remains to unify the platforms in November and to move forward with aggressive support on all 3 platforms.

Ok, so I love Marvel Heroes, I've play'd since launch. I've dropped literally a couple thousand dollars on it, roughly.

I've been a staunch defender and really love the game, even as is. I look forward to the changes.
But come on now.

If you have the license going forward, this is the worst answer you could have given.
If you don't have the license going forward, this is the worst answer you could have given.
If the contract is currently in negotiation, this is the worst answer you could have given.

Literally the worst. F'off we don't care about our customers would have been a better answer, at least then you would have the respect of the worst elements in gaming. This answer doesn't appeal to anyone.

Is Omega Prestige system going to be adjusted? Some player feedback has been that players basically want to keep their high level gear and abilities while grinding Omega Prestige.

First off, the benefits for increased Omega Prestige ranks were overtuned and are being completely revised. The additional levels of prestiging past Omega 1 are supposed to be completely optional - they were envisioned as an answer to the small but noticeable group of fans who have for years requested “infinite prestiging.”

I haven't and never will play console but this answer reads like we accidently made end game awesome but only for a few characters, but don't worry we plan to fix that right away by making it not awesome. Can anyone who has tried this on the console verify for me if I am reading this correctly?

Secondly, although we cannot make exactly the change to gear that you are describing, we are going to introduce some new gear that is granted when you attain Omega Prestige that will scale up as you level. This gear will not be as good at level 60 as true end game gear, but it will be excellent for leveling and you won’t have to regear every few levels.

This sounds very cool.

What are the plans for movement changes, and how it pertains to enemy boss mechanics? Will old movement return for PC?

Old movement isn’t coming back. We have done a lot of work on bosses and enemies. The much promised enemies blog will appear soon. I am completely conscious that this is a thing I have said before. Unfortunately some staffing changes derailed the version of the enemies blog that was in the works during this summer’s forum AMA.

Even I have to say, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure from your wording that's what you must expect.

Are there future plans for Danger Room?

Absolutely! Danger Room is a great mode. We really want to incorporate it properly into the main difficulty systems as well as allow endless modes and more terrain sets. This will be a big push for 2018.

I've never really used the danger room, didn't seem worth it. Hope that changes if it's going to be a focus. I loved the IDEA of danger room, though. I'd suggest having someone actually read about the danger room in the comics and especially go watch the 90's cartoon before redoing the danger room. That's not snarky, it just doesn't FEEL right currently.

What about general PC bug cleanup and quality of life updates? Also, Hero balancing to buff weak Heroes?

Skipped a bunch I don't care about at all.

I will note that Diablo 3 has great end game play-ability forever and I'd suggest stealing from their best ideas shamelessly with enough tweaks to make it legal.

How quickly will more Heroes be available for Omega Prestige? We want to be able to Omega Prestige our favorite Hero.

Omega heroes will be releasing about 2 per month with occasional themed packs (like the Apocalypse pack) providing more.

Shrugs. I have all the heroes and play many. I can wait. I can understand that this will enrage players who are single character players, though. It's probably a great way to sell those characters that you do add it to, though.

When is PC expected to have omega prestige up and operational?

Early 2018 - probably the January patch.

yayish!

There’s been a thread asking for Iron Man Extremis Visual Update. Any plans for that, or plans to look into this?

Yeah, we’re going to fix that. I think we were working on this right around console launch and it looks like it was rushed. We will have an improved version of the costume out by the end of 2017.

Is PvP going away?

The current PvP mode is going away in the Omega Patch. I mentioned in the May AMA that the mode isn’t really repairable; nor is it something that we can support. We plan to introduce a simpler, brawl-style pvp mode in 2018. This new mode is meant to be a pretty informal thing with a simple environment where you jump in for a quick battle or three. It won’t be a major part of our development.

Good. PVP sucked and it would be nice to have something a little less bad if I'm ever in the mood.
Not a big priority to me.

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Hero Roster 2.x

Make Mine Marvel!

@Winterthur said:

@CrazyMercFan said:

@Winterthur said:

Ok but so what you are saying is that no, MK1 won't be available outside of G with the omega patch.

Will you add a safety net/a currency to that card now ?

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

@chrisoc said:

@AgentPilot said:

Is the PC License Extended Beyond 2019? We were told console is, so wondering about PC. What is the future of the PC? Should I stop buying things now that I know you are working on a new game that will turn this lead platform even more abandoned? How can I trust that the game will still be active next year?

We’re not going to comment on licensing news getting out in the past, but it’s our company policy, like many companies, to not divulge licensing details. That doesn’t mean it’s a good or bad thing for us either way. It simply means we don’t talk about internal contracts. What we can tell you is that we’re absolutely committed here at Gazillion and are working hard on PC updates as we speak, starting with the Omega patch that's still slated to release by Nov 23. The vision remains to unify the platforms in November and to move forward with aggressive support on all 3 platforms.

It's kind of depressing you chose to start the FAQ with a lie.

The CEO had no problem talking about the console license on a live stream, right after talking about your new coffee maker that he was so very proud of.

Nobody likes a liar.

Is the video with the CEBro (stole that from the console forums) talking about the console license on twitch? I'm curious exactly what he said and can't seem to find it.

Btw, to followup on @Attackfrog 's language parsing technique, they didn't say when the company policy to not discuss license details was put into place, that could have been done earlier today :).

True BelieverPosts: 495 Amazing

@Winterthur said:

@CrazyMercFan said:

@Winterthur said:

And after that?