Categories

Compilation of Iron Fist bugs from Feedback Thread

edited October 7

These are bugs that still need to be addressed for Iron Fist. @zWolfiez could you acknowledge or tell us if these are as intended/ being worked on/ on a list?

Bugs and Clarifications:

• Stance chi colors are off for many of the moves in different stances (Confirmed 10/7/17)
  • Typo on Good Fortune Thunder Kick saying it reduces cooldown on Stance Opener. It actually does this so it is not a typo. This was not how the move functioned prior to the BUE and there was no note of it meaning to change. (CONFIRMED 10/7/17)
  • His dash uses chi and the charge. Is that how it is supposed to function still? Also the Chi Burst taking effect is difficult to see if the visual could be increased for that. (Confirmed 10/7/17).
  • Seven Armies Sundered in Dragon Stance might not be scaling the shield bonus correctly. Is 4% the desired amount at level 60? (Confirmed 10/7/17)
  • Current Stance and Expiring Stance for Blended Styles displayed in separate buff windows. Same for stacks of Radiance and full Stack of Radiance. This is REALLY ANNOYING because windows close and open and its a pain to monitor. (Confirmed 10/7/17)
  • Using his Ultimate allows for spamming of his signature Like Unto Iron. This seems to work for the first few hits but if you spam just Like Unto Iron it seems like it is not working after that. If i space it out with Stance Combos or Openers in the middle then it does just fine for the whole duration.

Hard to Replicate oddities:

• After using Seven Armies Sundered, he starts walking until you click on another target. This is just annoying. (CONFIRMED 3/16/17)
  • Chi Blast fires in the direction you are facing which when you dash is away from the target unless you click on the target, which then starts you walking towards him. If Chi Blast could fire in the direction of the mouse curser in comparison to Iron Fist that would be wonderful and save damage and time. (CONFIRMED 7/15/17)
  • Sometimes when hit by cc when executing a Stance Opener, it does not fill the chi pool leaving you sitting there for 8 seconds (Confirmed 7/2/17)
  • Like Unto Iron sometimes displays as off cooldown even though it is not. Might be the same as the other issues where cc is interrupting the move since it is so long so it malfunctions. (Confirmed 7/2/17)
  • CC effects are interacting strangely with Like Unto Iron and Stance Openers (such as the move not finishing or being cancelled). Possibly due to timing with animation cancelling. (Confirmed 3/16/17)
GazillionLocation Behind the CurtainPosts: 246 Staff

I'm not sure at the moment if any of these are being tracked, but I will look into them when I have a chance.

I see the word "sometimes" in many of those reports, which usually means it only happens under certain circumstances. These are much harder to pinpoint the problem. Some others look like they may be old reports that may or may not have already been fixed.

I will be investigating these (probably beginning next week) but any information players can provide regarding these issues would be appreciated.

Thanks. I usually compile what others say, but if i can give more details I will. Please let me know with updates and I will keep it cleaned up so that we are all on the same page and know what to expect.

@ZhelyezniKulak said:

• Stance chi colors are off for many of the moves in different stances (Confirmed 2/20/17)

To reproduce this just change map with residual Chi in your preferred Stance Opener and you'll end up with purple (Serpent stance Chi) if you go to the Avenger's Tower.

@ZhelyezniKulak said:

• His dash uses chi and the charge. Need to double check still but I am not sure it is still supposed to work this way, and if it is I don't get why (Confirmed 3/16/17).

Each dash does indeed consume both some Chi and a dash Charge.

I would also check the scaling of attack speed for Iron Fist which seems to be working poorly/with reduced effects.

[Suggestion]For pure Mental/Serpent builds even though you guys increased the Black Black Poison Touch skill damage, there are still not enough tools to work with. Some other synergies for mental damage sources/mental damage skills, while in Serpent Stance would fix it.

[SUGGESTION]
Stat allocation for Marvel Heroes and more Options for builds vs packets of stats.
Group oriented builds and group oriented gameplay
No more screen spam! Quality and smart drops vs junk items for lootsplosions visual.
Character background story and story related features/gameplay.

Location Weapon-X [DE]Posts: 106 Incredible

It is possible to dash with 0 Chi, then it costs only Charges.

But when you have any Chi, then it costs also Chi.

My Iron Fist has 1000 Chi, and each dash costs me 60 Chi, when I have any Chi.
When hit something with the dash, I get ca. 20 Chi.

And I have no idea why the dash do things like that, too. ;)

Location Waiting for more Colossal UpdatesPosts: 661 Amazing
edited March 24

@BlackJacktheDark said:
It is possible to dash with 0 Chi, then it costs only Charges.

But when you have any Chi, then it costs also Chi.

My Iron Fist has 1000 Chi, and each dash costs me 60 Chi, when I have any Chi.
When hit something with the dash, I get ca. 20 Chi.

And I have no idea why the dash do things like that, too. ;)

It's probably because it's how it worked before BUE. IF was able to dash whether or not he had chi because you needed the dash for vulnerability and movement (in the time when you could dash infinitely). It spends chi when you have it to do the chi burst effect which was placed to help apply Vulnerability with the dash more easily. If you don't have chi, you can still of course dash but you won't be able to activate the chi burst effect. The only change after BUE is that the dash has charges. It's working like it use to before the BUE as far as I know and this isn't a bug per se. Rather the issue at hand appears to be more of a feedback thing that the dash shouldn't be spending resource to begin with rather than being a bug (at least to me anyways).

Waiting for: MORE COLOSSUS UPDATES, Master of Many Styles Updates, Iceman Updates Round 2, Emma Updates w/ Diamond Signature, Enhanced Colossusnaut Costume for Juggernaut, Playable Shatterstar, Hulkling Team-Up, Civil War Iceman Costume, Outback Colossus VU...among all other things

@zWolfiez
Just wanted to check in on some of these bugs. A lot of them seemed like minor mistakes or just needed to be confirmed that they are working as intended. I would appreciate any information you are able to share. Thanks!

@zWolfiez
Hey I updated parts of this list and will be checking the rest tonight. Could we please get a confirmation on a few of these that are just questions and maybe a small bug fix on the really basic ones? Thanks a ton!

Hey @zWolfiez I updated this list again and was hoping to you could at least take a look at the top section bugs I mentioned and let us know whats up. Thanks!

GazillionLocation Behind the CurtainPosts: 246 Staff

Typo on Good Fortune Thunder Kick saying it reduces cooldown on Stance Opener. It actually does this so it is not a typo. This was not how the move functioned prior to the BUE and there was no note of it meaning to change

I don't know him well enough to say how it functioned before, but it does appear to be the design now. That is more of feedback than a bug, but I can entertain the idea of swapping it out.

His dash uses chi and the charge. Is that how it is supposed to function still? Also the Chi Burst taking effect is difficult to see if the visual could be increased for that

His chi dash has a secondary AoE effect that applies Vulnerability which spends chi. I'm not sure what you are referring to by "the Chi Burst taking effect" though.

Seven Armies Sundered in Dragon Stance might not be scaling the shield bonus correctly. Is 4% the desired amount at level 60?

Also more feedback than bug. The 4% scales with your health, and your health scales with your level plus itemization. That is by design.

Current Stance and Expiring Stance for Blended Styles displayed in separate buff windows. Same for stacks of Radiance and full Stack of Radiance. This is REALLY ANNOYING because windows close and open and its a pain to monitor.

Unfortunately, this is a UI issue. Since those are treated as unique effects, they get their own spot in the buff window. To change it would require rewriting how the buff window as a whole operates, which just isn't something we have resources to spend just for these instances. I can request it, but I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon.

After using Seven Armies Sundered, he starts walking until you click on another target. This is just annoying

I don't know if you use a controller or not, but if not then what might be happening is you are clicking to move during Seven Armies Sundered, which will execute when the power ends. That might be what you are seeing.