Categories

Friday Summary (10/6) - Featuring Q&A with the Dev Team!

Anti-HeroLocation not outside your windowPosts: 6,522 Cosmic

@Cienfuego said:
@AgentPilot @AgentVapor Asked this last week but got no answer so here we go again.
Will duplicate costumes located in our teamups inventory also count? You stated it was our inventory and the stash, but not said anything about our teamups.

Team up inv is part of your inv...that's why things auto stack there.

@BIIIkuroIII said:
I still don't understand exactly how to consume the default costume in auto-blend.
Please add detailed information.

Here u go

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/328421/need-help-concerning-new-costume-closet-and-costume-unlocks#latest

ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Sinking ship called Florida.Posts: 1,075 Fantastic

@CIZeRo said:

@Tocimus said:

@Wolfencat said:
And still no answers on when stores like Targets and game outlets will have game cards to sell, to even get costumes and other items with. What's the point of implementing the costumes idea when you can't sell them?

Game cards are a wasteful cost for Gaz. Ppl already buy money cards for PS/XBox stores.

Now i know some ppl use them on pc side, but that is a very low number. Stores cant justify the shelf space on slow moving product.

For PC side you can use steam cards... So all platforms have gamecards available, should a player want to use them preferably.

Steam doesn't always work out the best. But yes, they do have them all over stores.
Hell, even a walmart money card should work.

warning, i may tag the wrong person at anytime.
shoulda picked a different name and it wouldnt happen....

AsgardianLocation DerryPosts: 33 Mighty
edited October 7
True BelieverLocation Charleston, SCPosts: 70 Mighty
edited October 7

@Jacyyur said:

@Ironrock said:

@Jacyyur said:

@Quelaan said:
No answer to "is PC version license extended or not?". See ya next week!

The only person who can possibly answer that question is the CEO. Regular developers it was already declared this is above their pay grade. This Q&A was developers only.

Every developer hired to develop know exactly what it is they are developing for. It would be no secret to ANY developer as to whether they are continuing any projects for PC short or long term.
EDIT: And yes, a license issue IS a developer issue. No license...can't develop.

To be perfectly clear, the "above their pay grade" thing was about whether someone is allowed to REVEAL this fact to the public/players or not. Everyone has NDAs at companies and they can't just reveal any information they want. I'm sure the developers DO know about the license renewal status, but only the CEO would be allowed to actually tell the public about it, or give permission to someone else to do so.

That is certainly an opinion as to what the dev meant, to be perfectly clear. However, to be PERFECTLY CLEAR, their license was for 10 years which was signed in 2009. So, I think its not a real interesting conversation at this point.
More of the point, it was a great kickstarter campaign talk for a new console game.

@Tzeentch said:
So... not new answers from any QA, just some answers that were tossed up already. That's fine. Could make that a little bit more clear, but still, it's a good effort.

I'm just going to toss my questions in here again, just for fun eh?

@Tzeentch said:>!

For specific questions, and once again please do not obfuscate, evade, or pivot away from the point of the questions. As an example, please do not answer the first question below with something on par with 'well we can't manage your expectations' as that would easily qualify form one of the 3 'please do not's' i mentioned previously.

Lets see how many balls we dodge eh?

• Please explain why Apocalypse is not a boss in his own terminal, and why the terminal was touted as an Apocalypse terminal and not an Apocalypse THEMED terminal. Please add to the answer why this specifically wasn't mentioned in the 6+ months of development.
  • Why did you change course on Omega? When you changed course, why was this not discussed on the forum or with the players in any way? Once the new course had taken shape, explain why i would want these new items over my old items and how the differentiate from 'Unique items with a set bonus'. Please do not use the new tags as reasoning for new gear since old gear can be changed to suit that same tag system.
  • Please explain why you guys as a company thing 'dmg procs' are a good thing to lead the way of item design.
  • Please explain how you plan on fixing the 'snapshotting' issue with most channeled style skills.
  • Please explain why you used the (para)phrase "The PC is going to be our lead platform", when it will only be leading by days, or weeks, at best
  • Please tell me flat out how long the PC license is held by Gaz. If you can't tell us this, explain why you can't tell us and since it's the CEO as part of this 'above my pay grade' simply will not work as an answer.
  • Why has there been no significant changes to how the game works on the Gaz side of things, since the BUE? This is not limited to wanting to know why the game was slowed down yet drop rates and boss tables had never changed.
  • Please explain why the 'boss blog' never happened as it was still set to happen as of May 1st.
  • Explain why Nick Fury has no summoner tags on any of his skills.
  • Please explain why did Orren say that moving forward there would be more communication and player driven discussions when neither of those things had happened - or explain why the didn't happen in general.
  • Please explain why Omega is going live to the console and the PC in a literal untested by the players state. As in, no TC, no forum discussions to discuss anything you were making, etc...
  • Please explain why you think 'end-game' is prestiging.
  • Please explain why the Danger Room has been abandoned.
  • Please explain why 'chests' from events do not stack, and when the reason is given, why it has not been addressed.
  • Please explain why you are simply turning runes 'off' as opposed to doing anything else with them at all.
  • Please explain why the 2018 roadmap was not given to us in the 1-3 months we were told it would be. Please explain that road map now, as it's literally 3 months from 2018 and you literally can not not have a plan in place.
  • Please discuss the Steam player numbers that are out there, and please do not insist 'those are invalid numbers' and why you think those numbers are so low.
  • Please explain why there wasn't an 'end of uniques' event, and when the decision was made to not have one why the players were never told.
  • Why has the Civil War event never come back.
  • Why have many of the events only happened once or twice and have never returned.
  • Why were we promised a summer event that never happened.
  • When will event's as a whole be update so that it's not the same event week after week with almost 0 changes since implementation.
  • Please explain why a mode that drops no loot, Ultron Mode, uses up my boost timers.
  • Please explain to me, if the company thinks it's doing so well, why the company deserves another cake sent to them by the players.

All these are great questions I'd love to see answered and/or addressed, in detail. Not dodged, not "one gets answered, rest get sidelined".

Location Wandering in the eerie streets of Stratholme.Posts: 3,601 Cosmic
edited October 8

@Winterthur thanks for answering the unbinding question even if not directly to me but hey I just made the same question, like, 7 times? But who is counting?

Now a new one, with the upcoming changes on the Legendaries you are planning to make a full refund option for the iLvL 80 version of them?

ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Sinking ship called Florida.Posts: 1,075 Fantastic

@Raijinmeister said:
@Winterthur thanks for answering the unbinding question even if not directly to me but hey I just made the same question, like, 7 times? But who is counting?

Now a new one, with the upcoming changes on the Legendaries you are planning to make a full refund option for the iLvL 80 version of them?

They said it would be usefull for something later. Just haven't decided yet and its not first on the list.

warning, i may tag the wrong person at anytime.
shoulda picked a different name and it wouldnt happen....

Location Wandering in the eerie streets of Stratholme.Posts: 3,601 Cosmic

@AgentPilot, any news about the issue if by the implementation of the costume closet some of the costumes, especially the ones from the blender, were missing, what will be if any, the refund/compensating policy?

Location SPIDER-WOMAN IS COMING!Posts: 44 Mighty

I wanted to be notified about something about the development of the spider-woman that until now has not got any more news since its visual posted a long time. Is it still in development? Do you want to release it yet?

edited October 8

@SpiderwomanJD said:
I wanted to be notified about something about the development of the spider-woman that until now has not got any more news since its visual posted a long time. Is it still in development? Do you want to release it yet?

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/327993/omega-patch-announcement/p1

@agentvapor said :
A message from our creative director @Orren:

As many of you know, we are currently working on a large update for PC that we’ve referred to as the “Omega patch”, which contains a large number of changes including Omega difficulty and Omega items. This content has been in the works for some time, and everyone here has been working incredibly hard to bring these features to Marvel Heroes Omega.

Unfortunately, today we have to announce that this patch is going to take longer to bring over to PC than we hoped. As we cautioned in our PC Content Timeline forum post in May, the schedule that we outlined had risk attached to it.

We know this news is going to be disappointing to many, as we know our PC players have been waiting for these features for some time. We want to be as up front as possible with our current estimations, however, so that folks know what the current plan looks like for how we are going forward. Currently, we are estimating this update will now reach the PC version by Thanksgiving this year.

The reality is simply that the conversion of the back end framework that we need to unify the content creation for all three platforms has been more difficult than we originally anticipated.

All of that said, we know that whatever the reason may be, the end result is that this Omega patch content is not going to reach our PC players at the same time as the console platforms, which is going to be a let down to many of our dedicated players here.

We do have a piece of good news: the Omega patch is officially confirmed to include Spider-Woman as a 6-month PC exclusive.

Everyone here is working as hard as possible to finish this Omega patch work, and are looking forward to being able to share it with you to bring Marvel Heroes Omega to the next level.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for playing Marvel Heroes Omega. We welcome your comments and will be answering questions today to the best of our ability in this thread.

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

Location R'lyehPosts: 63 Mighty

@AgentPilot @Orrion @AgentVapor Guys, in the Omega update, what will be the fate of the Commendations? Will they be removed or kept?

Who shall sing me, Into deathsleep sling me,When I on the path to Hel go,
And this track I tread. Is cold, so cold, so cold. I sought the songs, I sent the songs.
Then the deepest well. Gave me tears so harsh. From the Slain-father's1 pledge.I know everything, Odin, To whom you gave your eye. Who shall sing me,
Into deathsleep sling me, Whence I on the path to Hel go, And this track I tread
Is cold, so cold, so cold. Early or in the day's end,The raven still knows if I fall.
Once you stand at the gate to Hel, And when you have to tear free,
I shall follow you. You will be free from the bonds that bind you,
You are free from the bonds that bound you!- Helvelgen by Wardruna.

Location Not standing behind you right nowPosts: 12,161 Cosmic
edited October 8

@AgentFenixion said:
Also, we know the forum dev tracker could use some work as well. No promises, as thinking about something like that is in its infancy, but we'll see what we can do if possible.

How about just getting Vanilla to quit screwing with @mikwaldo and making his tracking thread a sticky post?

Or getting him to customize a feed for you guys. When Vanilla isn't screwing things up his is awesome.

Location Between the Hammer and the AnvilPosts: 21,167 Cosmic

I'm sure this random person appreciates the tag. But perhaps @Orren would get more out of it. ;)

@DrNo said:
Cannot run out of time, there is infinite time. You are finite, Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool.

@mikwaldo said:

@DrNo said:

@AgentFenixion said:
Also, we know the forum dev tracker could use some work as well. No promises, as thinking about something like that is in its infancy, but we'll see what we can do if possible.

How about just getting Vanilla to quit screwing with @mikwaldo and making his tracking thread a sticky post?

Or getting him to customize a feed for you guys. When Vanilla isn't screwing things up his is awesome.

Thanks for the support. The issue with Vanilla is still not resolved and with @KomoriMan gone I don't believe anyone is helping me now. I have pinged @AgentPilot to try and pick it up, but nothing so far.

Why didn't you tell me you were a fellow New Enlander?!

It wouldn't have helped your issues with Vanilla, but...still. :P