Categories

Friday Summary (10/6) - Featuring Q&A with the Dev Team!

though this is a step in the good direction and some efforts have been made , I can't say i'm really thrilled about the questions that have been picked up... Only 4 concerns PC specific questions, and NONE of them are of a critical importance. NONE.

We've all said this would happen, that you wouldn't pick the burning questions and although you said you weren't going to, well you did disapoint yet again.

I will wait for the next stream to see if those burning questions are answered (finally!) but at this point I think this is going to turn out as another circus show with smoke screens all over the place and console centered topics while PC will be left on the side.

Location WTB Human Torch AvatarPosts: 1,461 Fantastic

@wfp9 said:
-we got the summer event a couple weeks ago as big10

I think the main reason people want a summer event, is to get items that were only available during summer events, like:

@Ironrock said:

@xanderbigzz said:

@Ironrock said:

@Werebear said:
I have to admit, I'm....disappointed.

There aren't enough questions from the PC forums we will actually answer, so pull some fluff from the Console forums? Way to pad the post, man.

I feel like I just read the F.A.Q. of a kickstarter campaign for a new console game.
PC platform has longevity. Ask the DOTA, LOL, EVE folks. Consoles do not have the immersion. This was exactly what started happening with Infinite Crisis. Infinite Crisis didn't fail because no one wanted to play the game. The dev team over there literally wanted to develop MOBILE games as it made more money and required less support (That part is a fact, even though there were lots of opinions as to what happened).
I am really starting to feel a bit of Console/mobile envy coming off this group lately.

That's not what happened here. Even at what many consider the peak of enjoyment with mh players were starting to leave. More importantly players just weren't spending enough.

So what do you do? Let the game die a slow death on pc or try something different.

Not to get into a long drawn out discussion, but that console piece didn't just show up one day. That took planning and development. Getting the Unreal engine framework for Xbox AND PS along with a lot of UI dev that the pc doesn't have. Again, you spend that amount of time on that versus content, balancing, UI improvement on PC, players don't leave due to a stale game.
Maintenance for console is easier than PC. This is a fact. the PS and Xbox have a closed environment. 1000 people buy xbox, 1000 people have the exact same hardware.
Anyway...this was like reading the F.A.Q. of a kickstarter for a new console game.

I agree. Of coarse it took time and planning. Devs had to be hired. The points you mention as well.
But just as that took time. So to did the financial difficulties they faced. They probably still do. More so from the pc platform.

What exactly does that have to do with a Friday summary though? One that is much better than past summaries.

ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Sinking ship called Florida.Posts: 1,075 Fantastic

@wfp9 said:

@CaffeineCaffeine said:

@AgentPilot said:

@MightyMable said:
@AgentVapor what about the achievement costumes? what would happen to those? I still have yet to unlock sexy Gambit, Thanos Imperative Star-Lord, Formal Hulk, Prisoner Loki :(

@OperationXIV says: The achievements aren’t changing, so you’ll still have the reward for completing them. If you are still working on the achievement, you can continue to work towards unlocking its costume reward.

What if you have the costume already but haven't completed the achievement. Does completing it after the Costume Closet comes out give no reward, or a random not-unlocked costume? The latter would be great!

every achievement that rewards a costume is an exclusive costume, so it would mean you received a costume in error if you already have one of the achievement reward costumes.

Not true. Most of them were around before the achievement system was created.
They were called chase costumes. Which showed up on the game store within the first year.

warning, i may tag the wrong person at anytime.
shoulda picked a different name and it wouldnt happen....

CovertPosts: 1,083 Fantastic

Tzeench
Please explain why Apocalypse is not a boss in his own terminal, and why the terminal was touted as an Apocalypse terminal and not an Apocalypse THEMED terminal. Please add to the answer why this specifically wasn't mentioned in the 6+ months of development.

I believe one of the devs said they got starved of resources so they had to tone down their ambitions of the project.

What boggles me is that they could've be blunt with the community.

A small statement like "hey guys! So, FOR NOW, we can't do a cool event/terminal of Apocalypse because we are channeling most of the resources into SOMETHING SPECIAL, but since you deserve something we are making a themed content of it. It's just a treat, but I believe you'll enjoy it."

Boom. Player community would be sympathetic towards it. But no. They advertised the hell out of it, called it "APOCALYPSE EVENT" and then Apocalypse is busy taking a nap. I believe you can call that false advertising, tbh.

@Orren said:
The Omega update combines One-Shots under the umbrella of terminals and renames all of them to "Operations." One-shots in that model are called Special Operations and we plan to build more of them in the future.

Sorry, but I'll take this with a pinch of salt. I've heard this before, since the revamp of the group terminals (that were turned into One-Shots). They said that One-Shots would be side stories that they could explore that wouldn't be tied to the main story. They released Wakanda (which was just a rehash of a Group Terminal map) and said more would come at a steady pace, with the Zoo previewed back then. It took them more then a year for us to have the current three. And since then no One Shot was ever released again. The Bungle Terminal is clearly a One-Shot, but they probably put it has a terminal to be ready for this system.

True BelieverLocation Charleston, SCPosts: 70 Mighty
edited October 7

@xanderbigzz said:

@Ironrock said:

@xanderbigzz said:

@Ironrock said:

@Werebear said:
I have to admit, I'm....disappointed.

There aren't enough questions from the PC forums we will actually answer, so pull some fluff from the Console forums? Way to pad the post, man.

I feel like I just read the F.A.Q. of a kickstarter campaign for a new console game.
PC platform has longevity. Ask the DOTA, LOL, EVE folks. Consoles do not have the immersion. This was exactly what started happening with Infinite Crisis. Infinite Crisis didn't fail because no one wanted to play the game. The dev team over there literally wanted to develop MOBILE games as it made more money and required less support (That part is a fact, even though there were lots of opinions as to what happened).
I am really starting to feel a bit of Console/mobile envy coming off this group lately.

That's not what happened here. Even at what many consider the peak of enjoyment with mh players were starting to leave. More importantly players just weren't spending enough.

So what do you do? Let the game die a slow death on pc or try something different.

Not to get into a long drawn out discussion, but that console piece didn't just show up one day. That took planning and development. Getting the Unreal engine framework for Xbox AND PS along with a lot of UI dev that the pc doesn't have. Again, you spend that amount of time on that versus content, balancing, UI improvement on PC, players don't leave due to a stale game.
Maintenance for console is easier than PC. This is a fact. the PS and Xbox have a closed environment. 1000 people buy xbox, 1000 people have the exact same hardware.
Anyway...this was like reading the F.A.Q. of a kickstarter for a new console game.

I agree. Of coarse it took time and planning. Devs had to be hired. The points you mention as well.
But just as that took time. So to did the financial difficulties they faced. They probably still do. More so from the pc platform.

What exactly does that have to do with a Friday summary though? One that is much better than past summaries.

I was replying to a statement someone made. That's what it has to do with it. There are a lot of people concerned with the PC development. As you should be as well, as you, just like I, started at the beginning 4 years ago and put quite a bit of resources into the game. We should have our questions (PC based) represented as opposed to a "behind the scenes look at console development. Its a legitimate question. Now, as far as "financial difficulties", you should be wise to take that in perspective. 4 years, still running with enough resources to hire MORE people (as you can see on their web page over a Gaz AND the investment capital to expand. Must not be that dire. (Unless you have a financial report that proves otherwise). When the boss says, no...we are investing THIS was..resources doesn't necessarily mean cash, it means personnel and time to devote to OTHER things. The direction has changed.
Anyway: Let's hope the PC version get's good updates and content moving forward.

@Hirk said:

@wfp9 said:

I think the main reason people want a summer event, is to get items that were only available during summer events, like:

to that end i want a zod rune.

i get the frustration over the title, but the other items all suck and are only worth obtaining for collection purposes.

MutatedLocation BostonPosts: 15,738 Cosmic

@wfp9 said:
not sure i agree with all these questions

-end of uniques is a very silly and worthless event without the crafting options. if you still need uniques you had time and still have time. what was this event supposed to do? double the unique droprate for a week? you have six weeks at least to farm for uniques and will be able to get 3x the amount of uniques you could get during this "uniques event" in that time.

The point though, isn't that we NEED the event. I honestly couldn't care less if we got it or not, i've made my peace with not getting the achievements. The point is that they said there would be a specific event that they would have in place as a super-drop rate style event for uniques.

They could have easily ( @zWolfiez might be able to speak to how hard this would be to make work, though i don't think he is allowed to) changed it so that Pets could suck up uniques OR take out the 'are you sure?' pop-up for pet feeding of uniques when they upped the drop rate by whatever % so that people could specifically farm the achievement.

It could have been part of the Big 10 events if they wanted to call it that if they choose to increase unique rates across the board. Could have done it a dozen ways really...

In the end the problem is there wasn't a specific event singled out as a 'unique event', and it's just a string of Gaz saying something and not following up with it - not not following through mind you but following UP. It would have been literally less than 2 hours time to post 'there won't be a unique specific event, but next week unique drop rates will be tripled.' or something to similar effect.

I'll use the example again here too, look at the Apoc terminal. While people may be upset there isn't an Apoc really in there, it's not entirely that he isn't there that is the issue. It's that they not once, not one single time, saw the THOUSANDS of posts saying 'i can't wait to fight apoc!' and came by to explain that he won't actually be in the game. That's straight up bait and switch, and beyond Trash Panda! poor managing.

No, we didn't. Not that i was aware of. They might have called the Big 10 a 'summer event' but it's not THE summer event, and it's not just a matter of semantics. THE summer event has actual summer themed items.

Them calling a duck a goose, doesn't really make the duck a goose... it's still a duck, not matter what you want to call it, and they have been calling too many things 'geese' lately, and all we get are ducks.

@Tzeentch said:

@wfp9 said:
not sure i agree with all these questions

-end of uniques is a very silly and worthless event without the crafting options. if you still need uniques you had time and still have time. what was this event supposed to do? double the unique droprate for a week? you have six weeks at least to farm for uniques and will be able to get 3x the amount of uniques you could get during this "uniques event" in that time.

The point though, isn't that we NEED the event. I honestly couldn't care less if we got it or not, i've made my peace with not getting the achievements. The point is that they said there would be a specific event that they would have in place as a super-drop rate style event for uniques.

They could have easily ( @zWolfiez might be able to speak to how hard this would be to make work, though i don't think he is allowed to) changed it so that Pets could suck up uniques OR take out the 'are you sure?' pop-up for pet feeding of uniques when they upped the drop rate by whatever % so that people could specifically farm the achievement.

It could have been part of the Big 10 events if they wanted to call it that if they choose to increase unique rates across the board. Could have done it a dozen ways really...

In the end the problem is there wasn't a specific event singled out as a 'unique event', and it's just a string of Gaz saying something and not following up with it - not not following through mind you but following UP. It would have been literally less than 2 hours time to post 'there won't be a unique specific event, but next week unique drop rates will be tripled.' or something to similar effect.

I'll use the example again here too, look at the Apoc terminal. While people may be upset there isn't an Apoc really in there, it's not entirely that he isn't there that is the issue. It's that they not once, not one single time, saw the THOUSANDS of posts saying 'i can't wait to fight apoc!' and came by to explain that he won't actually be in the game. That's straight up bait and switch, and beyond Trash Panda! poor managing.

No, we didn't. Not that i was aware of. They might have called the Big 10 a 'summer event' but it's not THE summer event, and it's not just a matter of semantics. THE summer event has actual summer themed items.

Them calling a duck a goose, doesn't really make the duck a goose... it's still a duck, not matter what you want to call it, and they have been calling too many things 'geese' lately, and all we get are ducks.

of all broken promises, the unique event bothers me the least. the event was always stated as a way to help people get the title, but all the delays have meant that if you don't have the title by now you just haven't been playing (which is their stated reason for no longer do the event AND it makes sense). and even if you haven't been playing, how many uniques were you really thinking you could farm in this event? 1k? 2k? though you're still now certainly under a time crunch, there's still more than enough time to farm that many uniques. i don't need this event. no one playing the game needs this event. and if they ran this event while putting other events on hold that offer stuff that's actually useful like xp bonuses, i'd be pretty annoyed.

AcePosts: 196 Incredible
edited October 7

Very disappointing and not that informative. A bit of hype for nothing honestly. Still nothing after many months to draw me back to this game.

Location Behind YouPosts: 520 Amazing

And still no answers on when stores like Targets and game outlets will have game cards to sell, to even get costumes and other items with. What's the point of implementing the costumes idea when you can't sell them?

Venom Bores Me, Make A Playable Sandman

@Tzeentch said:

@wfp9 said:
of all broken promises, the unique event bothers me the least. the event was always stated as a way to help people get the title, but all the delays have meant that if you don't have the title by now you just haven't been playing (which is their stated reason for no longer do the event AND it makes sense). and even if you haven't been playing, how many uniques were you really thinking you could farm in this event? 1k? 2k? though you're still now certainly under a time crunch, there's still more than enough time to farm that many uniques. i don't need this event. no one playing the game needs this event. and if they ran this event while putting other events on hold that offer stuff that's actually useful like xp bonuses, i'd be pretty annoyed.

Many points here...

• I agree, it's the least broken promise i care about
  • It doesn't matter though because it's still one more broken promise
  • it's super easy to just turn unique drop rates to 11 so they don't NEED to put off another event, and not for nothing... does anyone REALLY care if they don't do ARMOR one week at this point? So again, they can easily have a 'unqiue event' at the same exact time as any other event.
  • The point though isn't that we NEED the uniques. It's that they should have come around and explained that the event wasn't happening months ago, or that 'this event next week will be your unique event!'. No reason Mayhem bosses can't drop 30 uniques in the end. Remember Doc Strange? Explain to me why they can't just turn loot back to that silly event drop rate.
  • One can't ignore the little things in the end, because that's how we ended up where we are... it's a million little things that turn into a Big Thing pile.
  • So while you might not want the unqiue event or need it, nothing changes that they should still have done it, period, in some fashion, OR told us months ago that it wouldn't be happening.

they have stated it's not happening though with roughly the same amount of notice we got as when they first said they were doing a uniques event as a precursor to bue. in a certain light it's almost as if this 10 month delay could be viewed as the uniques event as players probably farmed far more uniques during that period than they possibly could have obtained during any such event.

ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Sinking ship called Florida.Posts: 1,075 Fantastic

@Wolfencat said:
And still no answers on when stores like Targets and game outlets will have game cards to sell, to even get costumes and other items with. What's the point of implementing the costumes idea when you can't sell them?

Game cards are a wasteful cost for Gaz. Ppl already buy money cards for PS/XBox stores.

Now i know some ppl use them on pc side, but that is a very low number. Stores cant justify the shelf space on slow moving product.

warning, i may tag the wrong person at anytime.
shoulda picked a different name and it wouldnt happen....

Location .Posts: 4,129 Cosmic

@AgentFenixion said:
The other is the normal settling in to the workflow of getting new things like Questions for the Developers from you, to the dev team and then back. When you've been doing/relying on a lot of incidental communication, the shift to other ways of doing that takes a bit of time to settle into a proper cadence. It seems straightforward, but like with any newer way of doing things, you plan your process beforehand, anticipate problems, walk through it, then make inevitable changes to make it better once you've had it working "in the wild" so to speak.

There is something i really appreciate and in some way requested a long time ago. Before it often felt like a chore to get the information shared in (many) different threads, twitter, stream, and whatever was used to communicate. This weekly/byweekly bunch of answers in one post, at one recurring place (friday update currently) is so much more enjoyable.

Location .Posts: 4,129 Cosmic

@Tocimus said:

@Wolfencat said:

Game cards are a wasteful cost for Gaz. Ppl already buy money cards for PS/XBox stores.

Now i know some ppl use them on pc side, but that is a very low number. Stores cant justify the shelf space on slow moving product.

For PC side you can use steam cards... So all platforms have gamecards available, should a player want to use them preferably.

Location From JapanPosts: 374 Amazing

I still don't understand exactly how to consume the default costume in auto-blend.
Please add detailed information.

Sorry! My English power is "poor"!

My super fantastic custom sig