Categories

[Green Goblin] : 5th Row Talents Not Working

Location b a m fs p a c ePosts: 3,461 Uncanny
edited July 23

Bombing Is Good For The Soul, Booster Bombs, and A Bomb A Day: AFAICT, mostly looking at tooltips and character sheet, none of these is working properly, and two of them seem to be doing nothing.

• Good For the Soul: The self-revive -is- working, but neither the regen nor spirit restore are. Tested with the attack dummy looking at the spirit orb and the regen stat on the character sheet at less than full life and spirit.

• Booster Bombs: Nothing working according to the character sheet stats and the movement power tooltips.

• A Bomb A Day: No Unbreakable buff in the buff bar, no change in defense or EHP on the character sheet. I didn't attempt to test the Damage Absorb component.

So as far as I can tell, the only component of any of them that definitely is working--the self-revive-- is also the only one that isn't activated by the signature. Maybe that will be some help in tracking the problem down.

I see that @Insolentius has a recent Booster Bombs report showing as Filed, but I'm hoping the other two talents are in the queue as well, or can get added to it. Judging by some of the other reports, it looks like these have never worked right.

Special Extra Credit Bonus Bug!: Unrelated to any of the above, but the Goblin Gunner power cannot be put on the LMB. I can imagine maybe this is a tech limitation due to the way the power works, but if not, it sure would make it more convenient to use if it could be put on the LMB.

@zWolfiez

{ BAMF! }

can confirm the goblin gunner doesn't work on lmb or under the first power slot in the power bar, so liek i cant assign it to what would be the use/power1 button.

edited August 7

@Wyrding said:
- A Bomb A Day: No Unbreakable buff in the buff bar, no change in defense or EHP on the character sheet. I didn't attempt to test the Damage Absorb component

I noticed today the ongoing defense bonus -is- working on this talent. So maybe somebody was doing some work on these...or more likely I was high on goofballs at the time.

Anyway, at least it's consistent now: the two components that don't require activation of Carpet Bomb do work, while nothing else seems to (afaict).

@Attlus said:

can confirm the goblin gunner doesn't work on lmb or under the first power slot in the power bar, so liek i cant assign it to what would be the use/power1 button.

It seems likely this can't be changed without taking out the strafing element of the power as it works currently. They could probably replace it with a channeled move--maybe something like Wing Clip's motion--although I'd love to keep it the way it is on the other buttons. I'm finally getting close to semi-competent at using Gunner with Gas Bomb on the LMB. :smile:

{ BAMF! }

edited October 5

[bump] in honor of the triumphant return of @zWolfiez :smile:

Or, to put it another way, Bumping is Good for the Soul.

{ BAMF! }

GazillionLocation Behind the CurtainPosts: 246 Staff

The reason why you can't assign Goblin Gunner to LMB is because that is also how you move. So, rather than strafing and gliding back and forth, you would constantly be moving toward the enemy you are firing at, which I don't think players would appreciate.

@zWolfiez said:

What about the signature talents--do you need any more info?

{ BAMF! }

My mistake. I thought you were saying that the talents had been fixed between your first post and now. Is everything in the first post still not working?

@zWolfiez said:
My mistake. I thought you were saying that the talents had been fixed between your first post and now. Is everything in the first post still not working?

They haven't been fixed yet.

@zWolfiez said:

To put it maybe a little more clearly, I don't think any of the effects activated by the signature are working. The two completely passive effects -are- working: the self revive on Good For The Soul, and the defense bonus on Bomb A Day--but that's it.

{ BAMF! }

So, I just checked each of those and they all appear to be working internally, so it should be fixed in the next patch. If not, let me know and I'll see where the mix-up is.

On a side note, none of those effects trigger at the start of Carpet Bomb, which may or may not cause some of the confusion. You should see these effects trigger right when you land.

@zWolfiez said:
So, I just checked each of those and they all appear to be working internally, so it should be fixed in the next patch. If not, let me know and I'll see where the mix-up is.

On a side note, none of those effects trigger at the start of Carpet Bomb, which may or may not cause some of the confusion. You should see these effects trigger right when you land.

Looks like things are working on live, which is exciting. (It's hard to test whether Unbreakable is working, but at least the buff is now showing in the bar.)

I think I was looking for effects at the end of the signature at least the first time I checked, but...:welp:. Anyway, it's -much- more satisfying to thank you for fixing it than to blame myself for getting it wrong. ;)

Thanks!

{ BAMF! }

So...I didn't have to do anything and still get credit for solving the issue? Sold! If only all bugs were this easy to fix.

@zWolfiez said:
So...I didn't have to do anything and still get credit for solving the issue? Sold! If only all bugs were this easy to fix.

It doesn't work. The increase to attack speed & move speed, and bonus dmg to movement powers do not apply upon landing.

@Wyrding said:
Looks like things are working on live, which is exciting. (It's hard to test whether Unbreakable is working, but at least the buff is now showing in the bar.)

I just tested it, and the talents are still broken.

@Insolentius said:

@Wyrding said:

I'm going on a trip, but I'm quite sure they were working last night. I tested by taking off all gear, activating Carpet Bomb with the character sheet open, waiting for the stat updates, and then timing the relevant buffs. Everything was lining up.

Not saying there isn't a bug, but I was getting the expected, reproducible behavior last night for the first time. (Last test before this was in August I think.)

{ BAMF! }

@Wyrding said:

@Insolentius said:

@Wyrding said:

I'm going on a trip, but I'm quite sure they were working last night. I tested by taking off all gear, activating Carpet Bomb with the character sheet open, waiting for the stat updates, and then timing the relevant buffs. Everything was lining up.

Not saying there isn't a bug, but I was getting the expected, reproducible behavior last night for the first time. (Last test before this was in August I think.)

I did the same thing (in MM and in the training room), and there were no changes. The buff icon also didn't show up (I went through all the buff/debuff tabs).

Location When Cannonball?Posts: 1,697 Fantastic

@Insolentius said:

@Wyrding said:

@Insolentius said:

@Wyrding said:

I did the same thing (in MM and in the training room), and there were no changes. The buff icon also didn't show up (I went through all the buff/debuff tabs).

Have you tried changing the build tab? I ran into a similar issue with Spider-Man when they did bug fixes on his movement talents. Those fixes never went into effect until I switched to another build and did it in a new build. I'll try to hop on live and test right now before I get busy w/ real life.

edited October 6

@Neverfate said:

@Insolentius said:

@Wyrding said:

@Insolentius said:

@Wyrding said:

Have you tried changing the build tab? I ran into a similar issue with Spider-Man when they did bug fixes on his movement talents. Those fixes never went into effect until I switched to another build and did it in a new build. I'll try to hop on live and test right now before I get busy w/ real life.

You're right. I messed something up. The buff works (although I can't get the buff indicator to show up).

Hmm, this is really weird - without any equipment/synergies/infinity, I can see the attack speed go from 0% to 10% (same goes for the movement speed), but once I put my equipment back on, the attack speed remains at 14.6% at all times and the movement speed doesn't change. Bizarre.

Location When Cannonball?Posts: 1,697 Fantastic

I only had time to test Bombing is Good For the Soul and didn't get back any more HP/Spirit than he would normally get during the animation itself or any AFTER the animation for the 3 second buff. Maybe I was missing something. Won't be able to log for a while to check the other buffs. Good luck everyone.

@Neverfate said:
I only had time to test Bombing is Good For the Soul and didn't get back any more HP/Spirit than he would normally get during the animation itself or any AFTER the animation for the 3 second buff. Maybe I was missing something. Won't be able to log for a while to check the other buffs. Good luck everyone.

When I checked Good for the Soul, I was seeing a jump in health Regen on the character sheet. The Spirit bonus I actually checked manually: after emptying spirit completely, there was a very sudden jump in the meter at the end of the signature which stuck out compared to the steady regen during it.

{ BAMF! }