Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
Our Big 10 event is now live, and so are our Big 10 sales! Get 50% off all Heroes, Costumes, Team-Ups and Pets in the in-game store for a limited time!

If Omega Prestige is going forward.. lower the level of Ultimate unlock, fix synergy with Signatures

edited September 12

Hopefully Gaz is reconsidering Omega Prestige since 90% of us are against prestiging 76 times!

Why they increased the Ultimate from 52 to 60 is beyond ridiculous.

Couple that with Omega prestige and if you continuously did Omega Prestige 1-60 and reset, you would lose the use of your Ultimate for weeks or months...

Getting to 52 was a sign you were in the home stretch when doing regular and cosmic prestige, losing that at 52 was a big hit for me to do cosmic prestige making it a worse grind.

If they keep Omega they should drop the level to 40 for unlocking ultimate.

edited September 8

from what i've read and heard, Gaz is going lower Cosmic prestige from 1/25 to 2.25, and Omega prestige levels 1-10 is regular leveling, then every 10 levels is 2.25 and the last 10 levels are 1/25. thats not too bad if you like leveling and really enjoy your character.

my math could be wrong.

Location The Realm of IdeasPosts: 1,643 Fantastic

@Roscuro said:
from what i've read and heard, Gaz is going lower Cosmic prestige from 1/25 to 2.25, and Omega prestige levels 1-10 is regular leveling, then every 10 levels is 2.25 and the last 10 levels are 1/25. thats not too bad if you like leveling and really enjoy your character.

my math could be wrong.

Ehrm ... what? You are making all that up, right? Where have you heard and read that? (I think you are confusing some things here - among others console vs PC)

From the console forums and the Omega announcement.. its buried in there.
each level of prestige on console green through cosmic is 25% more so cosmic is 2.25 more than normal leveling.
Then I think the pattern begins with the 70 levels of Omega where the first 1-10 omega levels are 25% more than standard leveling.
11-20 are an additional 25% more

the final 61-70 might be at traditional cosmic levels.... which would be insane! doing 10 times cosmic prestige for a character..... well 11 counting the original one..

edited September 8

@Roscuro said:
Gaz is going lower Cosmic prestige from 1/25 to 2.25

No. They have said that they didn't know yet.

@asros said:

as well as bringing PC systems in line with console systems.

Does that include the prestige system the consoles have?

I'm not 100% sure. We have a lot of tasks out right now on how we reconcile things like this, including how we do so. As we know more, we will communicate that.

@Roscuro said:
and Omega prestige levels 1-10 is regular leveling, then every 10 levels is 2.25 and the last 10 levels are 1/25.

No, first of all we have to talk about rank and not level to avoid any confusion (so you are keeping the same malus for all your leveling during a rank of omega prestige). And no it's not 2,25 for each 10 ranks it's 1,20. So you don't end up at 1/25 at the last bracket (60-70).

(but obviously that's for console)

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

GuardianLocation The RaccooniversePosts: 7,067 Cosmic

One leveling "QoL" change that's going to make it painful when I Omega prestige on console is the new level-locked hotkeys. On console now, the amount of hotkeys you can used is locked based on level now. I don't think they are going to bring that to PC but it's definitely not impossible when they consolidate things between PC and console, unfortunately.

Thanks to @BabylonPaladin for the "Magic" card; RIP Permanent Groot summon 2014-2017

Location Earth-0Posts: 438 Amazing

What does that mean locked based on level ?

GuardianLocation The RaccooniversePosts: 7,067 Cosmic

@Ashga said:
What does that mean locked based on level ?

That the amount of hotkeys you can put powers into is based on what level you are.

Thanks to @BabylonPaladin for the "Magic" card; RIP Permanent Groot summon 2014-2017

Location Earth-0Posts: 438 Amazing

For example, at lvl 30 i'd have 3 free slot ?

Location Planet 10 by way of the 8th DimensionPosts: 198 Incredible

@Rasetsu said:

@Payneshu said:

@Leowyld said:
One leveling "QoL" change that's going to make it painful when I Omega prestige on console is the new level-locked hotkeys. On console now, the amount of hotkeys you can used is locked based on level now. I don't think they are going to bring that to PC but it's definitely not impossible when they consolidate things between PC and console, unfortunately.

That sounds horrible. How did so many bad systems get implemented into the game?

Rationale :

@GazFirefly said:

@newbadone said:

@GazFirefly said:
This sounds like a bug on our end, guys. The slots are supposed to be locked but there > > The downside of this, of course, is that existing players will see this as a "nerf" since we are taking away some of the available power slots until they level up. We were hoping to get this feature in before we launched, which probably would have lessened the negative impact it had on the player base, but unfortunately we had other, higher priorities, so apologies for that.

I rely on have all of my existing slots when i prestige and not having to keep re-selecting my powers that selected based on the build i'm forced to play. This is just insane. and to clarify why i say forced to lay a build. The game used to be fun to mix and match my powers and play as I saw fit, having 3 power bars and being able to easily swap between them in battle. Now I have to look up the popular build and I NEVER use most of the powers. I no longer care to even read what the talents mean, I just follow the build and only use the powers that people are using.

My main, Loki is no longer my main, I have no main anymore, i loved the change from the frost giant form to norn storns but turned my God of summoning into a boomerang sword throwing brawler. Bah. Loki is not a direct combatant, he's a smart fighter that doesn't risk himself.

What will happen is that people like me that have max synergy bonus is that I will likely have only my left click, right click and "A" power from levels 1 to 30. hell if they even give us all slots by level 30.

I think my frustration with this game will finally be at ultimate level and I too will bid farewell. I have over 1010 days of logging in and playing and it will be sad but i can't deal with the futility of this.

“None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with ME.”

-Rorschach

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 8,764 Cosmic

@GazFirefly said:

@Payneshu said:

@Rasetsu said:

@Payneshu said:

@Leowyld said:

That sounds horrible. How did so many bad systems get implemented into the game?

Rationale :

@GazFirefly said:

@newbadone said:

@GazFirefly said:
This sounds like a bug on our end, guys. The slots are supposed to be locked but there shouldn't be any powers in them.

So the issue is that powers are locked and choice was thrown out the window but your take-away is that powers are still showing for some? Tone-deaf comes to mind.

Well I can give some insight into the thought process of why we went with locking power slots. We were originally noticing a few different things when it came to new players:

1. In the early levels, players would unlock a new power and it would automatically auto-slot into a given power slot. Most of the time players would not notice that a power was added (especially if it was a modifier power). When they did, they often didn't know what it did. We had to introduce tutorials to explain modifier powers (which I wasn't happy about, since everyone hates tutorials), and I'm pretty sure many players didn't notice them when they popped up anyway, as they would have just leveled and with so many things happening on a level up, it could be easy to miss.
  2. At the same time, players would receive a blip notification ("!") on their radial menu, indicating that they've unlocked a new power. Blip notifications are meant to be things we breadcrumb the player to in order for them to take some sort of action in a particular menu. However, because we were auto-slotting, new players would find their way to the powers panel, only to find themselves not knowing what to do, because there WAS nothing for them to do. After a bit they'd simply close the panel and move on, but this is a bit counter-intuitive, and diminishes the purpose of the blip notification. As a result, many players ignored the power panel and its notifications, and didn't bother to learn how their powers worked.
  3. Many players would also not learn about slotting powers until their entire "power bar" is filled and they finally unlock a 9th power. We want players to engage with the system a lot earlier than that.
  4. On more of a minor note, you'd be surprised, but we also saw feedback where some new players didn't understand the power modifier and when they pressed the modifier button they wondered why their powers "disappeared" because the slot now looked empty.

Again, this is behavior we were seeing with new players, so it's likely more experienced players like yourself didn't have this trouble.

We finally proposed the idea of locking power slots and removing the auto-slotting of powers. Locking power slots solves the above issues, as well as gives us new advantages:

1. Players will unlock powers faster than they unlock slots, so this means players have to think a bit more strategically about what powers they bring into a fight. This already happened after you hit 8 powers, but introducing it a lot earlier helps players understand the game's mechanics faster, and lets the player make meaningful decisions early on.
  2. Power slots become another "carrot" for players to look forward to unlocking.
  3. By getting the players to use the power panel more, they are introduced to their slots and learn about modifier slots before they have to use them, so by the time one of those slots unlock, the player knows what it is (and the tutorial we made becomes less important for players to have to see).

The downside of this, of course, is that existing players will see this as a "nerf" since we are taking away some of the available power slots until they level up. We were hoping to get this feature in before we launched, which probably would have lessened the negative impact it had on the player base, but unfortunately we had other, higher priorities, so apologies for that.

Sorry if my thoughts are a little jumbled. There was a lot of consideration that went into this, and I may have forgotten some of the other reasons. Unfortunately it sounds like the auto-slotting is still happening, and that isn't intended and making this feel worse than it probably would have been. We'll try to get this sorted out soon.

I lol'd

A couple of clarifications.

1. All your power slots are typically unlocked by the time you reach level 24, so in the later levels you'd have a full power bar. I personally don't think it's very restrictive but people are entitled to their own opinion on it.
  2. While I can't give any guarantees that this won't eventually come to PC at some point down the road, I will say that we currently don't have any plans to bring it to PC.

I put an awesome for multiple reasons; Just to be clear. Glad it generated a lol and I don't think I will like that change, but such as it goes.

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant

Apply for Church membership HERE

#WotrickBulgeMaster2015 #DiamondCapes2016 #CauliflowerHeroes2017

R.I.P. TranzAnatomie Long live Payneshu!

Location b a m fs p a c ePosts: 3,381 Uncanny
edited September 9

@ArchLordDarcon

You mentioned the signature/ult synergy in your title, and though I haven't tested everybody, the few heroes I have tested it's just a UI bug. Unless there's another bug I don't know about?

(Answer: there's always another bug. :wink: )

It still should get fixed, absolutely. But it doesn't affect actual gameplay afaict.

{ BAMF! }