Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
Our Big 10 event is now live, and so are our Big 10 sales! Get 50% off all Heroes, Costumes, Team-Ups and Pets in the in-game store for a limited time!
2»

Omega Prestige Q&A Feedback

Pro FounderLocation needs playable Blink!Posts: 4,628 Cosmic
edited September 6

@vthree said:

@Saliden said:
Wait... we are getting AoA content? @JZB

Or just the apocalypse terminal?

Yeah, AoA is a terminal with 4 horsewomen (Storm, Jean, Psylocke, Magik). I think all 4 will getting the horsewomen costumes (Gaz's own take so it will be different from comics). And Jean AoA costume will also get VU. So that is why I guess the new 'set' of heroes to get omega prestige will be these 4.

But for PC, our previous info was AoA is bundled with the Omega patch. Not sure if this is still true.

I knew about the apocalypse terminal info, but I don't like that they're calling it Age of Apocalypse. That's a whole different thing than just 'apocalypse and horsemen'.

Also, I hope that the costumes aren't only available in the 'omega pack' if they get the omega treatment...

Check out my hero builds! Blink! Banshee! Chamber! Husk! Longshot! Cannonball! These need some updating...

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Hero Roster 2.x

They also use Cosmic Prestige Ultimate reward (+stats, +%base dmg etc etc when it's done) to cover all the unbalanced issues with all heroes at once.
Because, once at CosmicPrestige70, you will do high numbers no matter how broken is the hero.
Thus, no more need for them to fix, to review or to tune heroes with CP available.
We will do all the work by CosPrestiging heroes ; broken (absurd heroes) will become "good" at CP70.

That comes down to what is/are your favorite(s) hero(es)?
With which one(s) will you accept to open your wallet again?

For them, it comes down to which heroes will be CP available next months? What their CP leg will be?
In all, that means less work for them. And for us, what CP pack to buy?

For most of the playerbase (what remains as playerbase), that may work if CP is not as ridiculous as it has been announced and boring. A stupid chore.

Personnally, i pass ... because too boring thing to do. (And D2 is coming on PC on Oct)
I have all heroes (all at 60 and no prestige), all TUs but i don't have a main, i have 12-15 heroes i like, i play actually and i switch btw them when i'm bored.
So CPing 12-15 Heroes, no thanks!
And to buy CP package(s) to make CP processes easier, i will "quote" the eloquent reply of Peter Quill when he got arrested.

The choice of Spidey as first hero with CP available is not innocent.
Last Marvel movie is Spidey, Spidey is broken since BUE. Thus, if Spidey at CP70 will be good, that will mean doing CosmicPrestige will give/make your favorite(s) hero(es) come true, powerful.

There are a stick and a carrot!
You will pay for that! They will love you for that and you will love them!
BUT you will do all the work! No matter how broken, uncompleted are their works...

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 8,764 Cosmic

Also, does this mean consoles are the lead test center now? Especially since all the Omega prestige interfacing is just with the console kids?

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant

Apply for Church membership HERE

#WotrickBulgeMaster2015 #DiamondCapes2016 #CauliflowerHeroes2017

R.I.P. TranzAnatomie Long live Payneshu!

@Kaminaught said:
They also use Cosmic Prestige Ultimate reward (+stats, +%base dmg etc etc when it's done) to cover all the unbalanced issues with all heroes at once.
Because, once at CosmicPrestige70, you will do high numbers no matter how broken is the hero.
Thus, no more need for them to fix, to review or to tune heroes with CP available.
We will do all the work by CosPrestiging heroes ; broken (absurd heroes) will become "good" at CP70.

I guess a Cap at Omega70 will still need 3 times longer to kill Crossbones than my Squirrel Girl
at Omega70 .. much the same as it is actually with 2200 infinitys.

So no .. i want those weak heroes pushed before i even start to do Omega prestige on them.
Beside that maybe i just wanted to prestige a little and none of my favorites is currently
available.

Most of the complaints I read are about storage space on that thread. Ppl assume the cash grab is just in the OP package but alot of players who got by just buying the hero and not the stash are going to realize the struggle.

Our current Prestige is extremely F2P friendly. The only worry a player had was leveling a new hero once. Players didn't even need to worry about gearing due to uniques easily being farmed just by defeating any boss. Prestige didn't have any stat bonuses so you didn't lose out on any power by not doing it. A F2P player could be on equal footing as a P2P player.

A P2P player can do multiple OP heroes at a time and can easily chose when to take a break from the current hero being prestiged. A F2P player doesn't have much room to be flexible.

A F2P player has to choose should I farm Omega Items or Omega Prestige? If they farm Omega Items first they might not have enough room to store the gear. However, even if they prestige first and stop at OP 10 they may be OP 10 for a long time before deciding to repeat the process due to stash space. I know I personally couldn't OP a hero from 1-70 in one go.

I know it sounds as if I'm stating the obvious but it's actually a pretty big change for F2P players.

True BelieverLocation Right herePosts: 4,051 Cosmic

@Payneshu said:
Also, does this mean consoles are the lead test center now? Especially since all the Omega prestige interfacing is just with the console kids?

Lol it means consoles are the lead everything.

"You can have fun, or you can have safety, but you can't have them both" -a ten year old

I imagine the reason they haven't published any feedback or Q&A for PC is because I don't think it's been officially mentioned or stated in any releases that it's even coming to PC yet. We know it will and that it'll come with the Omega Update, but that's then, not now (though the Q&A probably should come sooner than release).

@AgentVapor @Asros
My big question is whether or not Cosmic Prestige will be necessary for it, and if so, can we not change the Omega Prestige on both systems to include the first six stages of Prestige for the bonuses? As far as I know, there's still no incentive to even prestige right now beyond the default costume (which was never intended and not meant to be part of the prestige system). It's a purely self-motivated thing, but now it's not because of Omega Prestige. Now it's just a time gate.

Why not tack on the two Traits and two Synergy bonuses to the first four levels of Prestige to incentivize and give players a reason to Prestige to begin with? You can tack on the Legendary to Level 1 or Level 10 of the Omega Prestige, maybe keep the +Attributes to the 70 levels of Omega Prestige (even though that immense power creep is insane), but the preceding colors of prestige right now are just an unnecessary waste of time (beyond the costume), without getting into the absurdity that is Cosmic Prestige. I'm sure this is a huge reason people are complaining the 'buy your way into Omega Prestige!' as being P2W, especially since the bonuses you get for Omega Prestiging are so great.

Location Special Snowflake LandPosts: 1,294 Fantastic

My favorite part on why prestige and reset to level 1 so many times...

increase the value of the entire breadth of our >available content.

And then they give you a way to skip said content by buying your way past it in the store.

2»
This discussion has been closed.