Categories

The silence over here is deafening.

True BelieverPosts: 505 Amazing

@Bastion37 said:

@Metafogos said:

@Asros said:

@SlayerOfPCs said:
@BabylonPaladin over in the console forum Gaz said they didn't communicate to the console players earlier because they thought too many people would complain without trying it first. With that logic we should expect to hear from @Asros and @Orren the ever-silent some time in October.

I was out since last Thursday and in meetings until now today. I know there are strong feelings about this topic, but speculation like this doesn't help anyone.

The community team has been gathering feedback on the system and is sharing that with the design team. The iteration process on something like this takes more than a week. When we have news to share, we will share it.

As for questions about how the PC game will be impacted with this, we don't have answers to share with you right now. On the PC front, we are working right now very hard on the omega patch, including omega difficulty and omega items, as well as bringing PC systems in line with console systems.

We are well aware that you want answers and want them as fast as possible. We will endeavor to make sure that we get them to you. However, there is nothing to share right now while we review and discuss feedback.

@Muspelheim said:

Asros did mention that if we kept bringing up the "it's finished" comment, it would be "difficult to keep us updated" (mild paraphrasing).

If that is mild paraphrasing, I'd be afraid to see what excessive paraphrasing is.

So, lets talk about some questions more in line with the next huge update:

• About the White Rabbit uniques? You guys can please put then in the Uniques common Table like the Frog man's ones?
  • About the Bovinehein portals... please make ANYTHING to allow us to get more portals and try to get the Bov Uniques before the end!!!
  • About the End of Unique events: This will be happen?????

This questions need anwers with time to us react to then (like hunt like mad for more uniques)...

I can't envision a scenario where they would devote resources to fixing anything where Unique items are concerned when they're going to be getting rid of them

I know this...

But...:

• Bovinehein still a place, even after the end of uniques. So anything to do in this now will be useful in the future. They will need a new artifacts anyway...
  • The End of Uniques event is a old promise. I waiting for a (at last) a special unique drop... I doubt this is something so hard to do.
  • The White Rabbit items... they already exist... only need put then in the list of common uniques list to be drop everywhere... I doubt too will be so hard.

The most problem is they talk about and decide to do (or not)...

@Metafogos said:

@Bastion37 said:

@Metafogos said:

@Asros said:

@SlayerOfPCs said:
@BabylonPaladin over in the console forum Gaz said they didn't communicate to the console players earlier because they thought too many people would complain without trying it first. With that logic we should expect to hear from @Asros and @Orren the ever-silent some time in October.

I was out since last Thursday and in meetings until now today. I know there are strong feelings about this topic, but speculation like this doesn't help anyone.

The community team has been gathering feedback on the system and is sharing that with the design team. The iteration process on something like this takes more than a week. When we have news to share, we will share it.

As for questions about how the PC game will be impacted with this, we don't have answers to share with you right now. On the PC front, we are working right now very hard on the omega patch, including omega difficulty and omega items, as well as bringing PC systems in line with console systems.

We are well aware that you want answers and want them as fast as possible. We will endeavor to make sure that we get them to you. However, there is nothing to share right now while we review and discuss feedback.

@Muspelheim said:

Asros did mention that if we kept bringing up the "it's finished" comment, it would be "difficult to keep us updated" (mild paraphrasing).

If that is mild paraphrasing, I'd be afraid to see what excessive paraphrasing is.

So, lets talk about some questions more in line with the next huge update:

• About the White Rabbit uniques? You guys can please put then in the Uniques common Table like the Frog man's ones?
  • About the Bovinehein portals... please make ANYTHING to allow us to get more portals and try to get the Bov Uniques before the end!!!
  • About the End of Unique events: This will be happen?????

This questions need anwers with time to us react to then (like hunt like mad for more uniques)...

I can't envision a scenario where they would devote resources to fixing anything where Unique items are concerned when they're going to be getting rid of them

I know this...

But...:

• Bovinehein still a place, even after the end of uniques. So anything to do in this now will be useful in the future. They will need a new artifacts anyway...
  • The End of Uniques event is a old promise. I waiting for a (at last) a special unique drop... I doubt this is something so hard to do.
  • The White Rabbit items... they already exist... only need put then in the list of common uniques list to be drop everywhere... I doubt too will be so hard.

The most problem is they talk about and decide to do (or not)...

Do we even need the End of Uniques event?

They've raining for almost a year now who hasn't got a full set of well rolled on most of their toons already?

Well it's official we tried and we lost.

@Asros said:

@Maggotbreath said:

@Asros said:
As for questions about how the PC game will be impacted with this, we don't have answers to share with you right now. On the PC front, we are working right now very hard on the omega patch, including omega difficulty and **omega items, **

Even a preview of a couple Omega items you have finished, could go a long way. You said they were coming along at a good clip.

They are going through extensive QA right now, I'm not sure

as well as bringing PC systems in line with console systems.

Does that include the prestige system the consoles have?

I'm not 100% sure. We have a lot of tasks out right now on how we reconcile things like this, including how we do so. As we know more, we will communicate that.

Yes I realize that it's a lot more ui/engineering work to change that, so it may not happen, but is it what you'd like to do?

The console UI will not be coming to PC, since it is designed for a controller and not mouse and keyboard. How the existing prestige system works is still TBD, how Omega Prestige will function is even more TBD-er since and as I said before, it is most likely coming after the Omega Patch. That's not because we want to hold out or be mean, but its a simple matter of setting achievable scope for the Omega Patch and not trying to add more potential issues to it.

I'm not trying to get you in a trap Brian, just looking for where your (you as in Gaz, not necessarily you specific) vision of what you want the PC to look like.

Understood. We want to get the major systems that changed(crafting, for example) working off the same set of data. This is the hardest part of the "Omega Patch" right now.

I understand, what you want, may be a lot harder to implement than what we'll get. I'm not looking for "promises" or deadlines. Just something "this is our goal, this is where we're trying to get to, technical difficulties and deadlines may limit what we can reasonably accomplish"

I'm a Game/Systems Designer, so I can only speak to what I know. I'm not the one who sets overall goals or direction, that's up to the Creative Director.

I understand that it might be hard for you guys to keep us all up to date.. but a weekly update is least you can do.. On/Off track.. When we see silence, it doesn't do anyone any good. I know you guys are under a lot of pressure to deliver the omega patch.. Some of us are probably expecting much more than we are gonna get, that is on us since it feels like we have been waiting for ages for it.. (Not too far from the truth)

After Omega patch is done, you guys need to find a way to give us content that WE want. Danger room was a close call, but you guys failed to deliver. You had such a potential with it.. Just revamp it so it works like maps in PoE or rifts in D3.. Current system sucks, the fact that the artis don't drop there is also meh.

Location Between the Hammer and the AnvilPosts: 21,906 Cosmic

@TrohMaw said:

@Asros said:
We're human beings trying to make a fun game for people to play.

Then let me give you a tip how not to chase more users away and tell it @MichaelMayhem. Don't bring Omega Prestige to PC.
I know @Orren said it is here to stay but to not loose his face, he can say he meant on console.

I thought that was the CEO Dave Von Dorman...

Location Black ForestPosts: 4,916 Cosmic

@BabylonPaladin said:

@TrohMaw said:

@Asros said:
We're human beings trying to make a fun game for people to play.

Then let me give you a tip how not to chase more users away and tell it @MichaelMayhem. Don't bring Omega Prestige to PC.
I know @Orren said it is here to stay but to not loose his face, he can say he meant on console.

I thought that was the CEO Dave Von Dorman...

That's not Orren?

I am not proud of the numbers but you can see the my battle-tag.

This discussion has been closed.