Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
2»

Good job with Carnage Gaz

Got him to 60 and shelved him. Playing him was even more brutal than playing Fury

edited August 11

@MichaelMayhem said:

@Siddar said:

@aozkum said:
Personally, I'm pretty disappointed.

I don't know why a shapeshifting homicidal maniac would care about using the same weapon type.

He should've had way more randomness, like a melee version of Scarlet Witch's Chaos abilities.

He plays more like Odinson than Carnage.

I don't know if they mentioned much about Odinson, but on paper it seems like the same type of hero with weapon switching. Maybe it will be far more unique. Perhaps the weapon types will entirely change his abilities in the way phasing does for Vision.

We're going with the latter. Unworthy Thor will be devoted to one weapon while he's using that weapon type, unable to use any others until he switches (more like Vision in that way), where Carnage can freely transform at will.

Glad to hear you are enjoying Carnage, @XanoZelos! He was a lot of fun to put together.

Can you answer a simple question? Why did you guys remove dash to target part of Cosmic Combo and put it on Carnage's basic? Let's say it was a technical problem that time, why can't we get it now?
It is extremelly annoying when you (Gaz) remove something unique from a character, ignore all player feedback about it and than put it on another hero.

#makeunibeamgreatagain

edited August 11

@MichaelMayhem said:

@Siddar said:

@aozkum said:

I don't know why a shapeshifting homicidal maniac would care about using the same weapon type.

He should've had way more randomness, like a melee version of Scarlet Witch's Chaos abilities.

I don't know if they mentioned much about Odinson, but on paper it seems like the same type of hero with weapon switching. Maybe it will be far more unique. Perhaps the weapon types will entirely change his abilities in the way phasing does for Vision.

We're going with the latter. Unworthy Thor will be devoted to one weapon while he's using that weapon type, unable to use any others until he switches (more like Vision in that way), where Carnage can freely transform at will.

Just make sure he doesn't lose "target lock", like Vision upon Density swapping :P
You have to re-click/attack enemy every time you swich density. Extremly annoying. It's like that since Vision release over 2 years ago, asked about multiple times, still not fixed ;)

WallcrawlerPosts: 4,766 Cosmic

@MichaelMayhem said:

@Siddar said:

@aozkum said:

Glad to hear you are enjoying Carnage, @XanoZelos! He was a lot of fun to put together.

Booo I say. (without having seen anything about Odinson)

One of my favorite things about Carnage is how fluid he is to play. The weapon swapping at will is a key part of that.

Hopefully Odinson isn't going to require a power slotted just to swap weapons, or have the weapon swap power have a long cooldown/any cooldown, etc.

I just find Vision's density shifting to be too clunky, personally. I never could get a hybrid build to flow well for him.

Guess we'll have to wait to see how it works.

WallcrawlerPosts: 4,766 Cosmic

Also, I love Carnage! Best new release in a very long time.

The dash to target on the basic, weapon swapping, mobile skillset, build variety, health = dmg mechanic.. it's all just great.

And the title for Cosmic? Do that for everyone!

@MichaelMayhem said:

@LordStarscream said:

@MichaelMayhem said:

@Siddar said:

@aozkum said:

Can you answer a simple question? Why did you guys remove dash to target part of Cosmic Combo and put it on Carnage's basic? Let's say it was a technical problem that time, why can't we get it now?

Carnage's movement components are nothing like Cosmic Combo. Combo moved around or through targets depending on when you've played with it, and both caused severe technical problems. Nova could be a good candidate to get Carnage's new move-to-target tech in the future some time.

Many melee heroes could be improved if they receive the move-to-target tech. I hate to spend power and time in empty space because sometimes (most times) the power miss the target when he moves or it doesn't make dmg because it's not on range (even being a melee power).

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 8,572 Cosmic

@MichaelMayhem said:

@LordStarscream said:

@MichaelMayhem said:

@Siddar said:

@aozkum said:

Carnage's movement components are nothing like Cosmic Combo. Combo moved around or through targets depending on when you've played with it, and both caused severe technical problems. Nova could be a good candidate to get Carnage's new move-to-target tech in the future some time.

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant

Apply for Church membership HERE

#WotrickBulgeMaster2015 #DiamondCapes2016 #CauliflowerHeroes2017

R.I.P. TranzAnatomie Long live Payneshu!

Location Stuck in the Danger RoomPosts: 66 Mighty

@MichaelMayhem said:

@LordStarscream said:

@MichaelMayhem said:

@Siddar said:

@aozkum said:

@JayShockblast This sounds like good news for Nova fans.

@Payneshu said:

@MichaelMayhem said:

@LordStarscream said:

@MichaelMayhem said:

@Siddar said:

@aozkum said:

I thought, you know, Deadpool really needs that move-to-target tech too.

and then realized every melee basic should get it.

Thank you, Mystery Gifter, for the Age of Ultron and Heroes for Hire Fortune Cards!
create your own wishlist! | check out my guide to Story Mode shortcuts! | enter the DevBlog giveaway!

@MichaelMayhem said:

Nova should have get that tech by now instead of a vague "in the future some time". We are asking for this since bue but you (Gaz) ignored us and put it on another hero.

I hope that "in the future some time" is omega patch.

#makeunibeamgreatagain

Location "Rule number one: keep your fazers on stun!"_King GeedorahPosts: 13,187 Cosmic

I haven't bought Carnage yet. After trying to play Fury I was just really disappointed and didn't know how Carnage would turn out.

CovertLocation It's coming from inside the housePosts: 279 Amazing
edited August 12

@SamuRonX said:

@Payneshu said:

@MichaelMayhem said:

@LordStarscream said:

@MichaelMayhem said:

@Siddar said:

@aozkum said:

I thought, you know, Deadpool really needs that move-to-target tech too.

and then realized every melee basic should get it.

I don't think everyone needs it, but a lot could definitely use it. For example, it would fit perfectly on people like wolverine, X-23, Black Panther, Elektra etc. But thematically, it would look odd on someone like hulk/shulk, ghost rider, thing, etc. Plus, they have something to make up for not being right on top of an enemy ("ranged" melee[chains], hulk/shulk/thing have multiple aoe movement abilities on short cd's.)

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

WebheadPosts: 546 Amazing

Pretty much every melee should have this new mechanic in the future. I like the direction taken here, it's a lot of fun to bounce to targets, and it makes Carnage a very fluid melee fighter.

CovertPosts: 2,281 Cosmic

@MichaelMayhem said:
Nova could be a good candidate to get Carnage's new move-to-target tech in the future some time.

when you say in the future, you mean in the NEAR future, right? since the dash-to-target was a major part of novas fun factor that was removed due to a bug, but you now have the tech to make it work. do the right thing!

Location SantanderPosts: 418 Amazing

I also think his auto dash on his basic attacks should be added to every melee hero. It really is a big quality of life change that makes the game more fast paced and enjoyable.

Totally agree with that!!!!

SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH

Most wanted heroes:
-THE REAL BLACK BOLT
-Multiple man
-Archangel
-Sabretooth
-Quicksilver

Location SantanderPosts: 418 Amazing

@MichaelMayhem said:

@LordStarscream said:

@MichaelMayhem said:

@Siddar said:

@aozkum said:

I hope leap/movement powers will be implemented in all melee heroes.

There's a lot of differents animations that can be done instead of copy/paste the 2 more used:
-Slice and dice/Arachnid assault/Cutting room floor.......
-Bestial beatdown/Fury of five hundred fists......

In Marvel Future Fight heroes has a lot of powers where they can jump, leap, dash...and attacking at the same time.

It will be awesome if you can go in that direction.

Thanks

SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH

Most wanted heroes:
-THE REAL BLACK BOLT
-Multiple man
-Archangel
-Sabretooth
-Quicksilver

Location EarthPosts: 94 Mighty

@XanoZelos said:
I came back after a short break and bought him with Splinters. He is everything Venom should have been. His powers are true to the source, he is a ton of fun to play, his personality is perfect.

I also think his auto dash on his basic attacks should be added to every melee hero. It really is a big quality of life change that makes the game more fast paced and enjoyable.

After the past couple events and content being underwhelming, its nice to see the devs make quality content again.

I can't really make sense of Venom, myself. Am I supposed to just stand around and spam that web slick to get ichor, or am I doing something wrong? I haven't figured out a good melee build yet, which is what I wanted. This hero is very weird, with the life cost, ichor and everything... I can't make heads or tails out of it.

I figured Carnage would just be more of the same, but apparently not! I'm considering Carnage as my next project... either him or Green Goblin. It's nice to see posts like this, keeping it positive. You made me want to check out Carnage, so thanks for that. :)

AgentPosts: 2,217 Fantastic

@MichaelMayhem said:

@LordStarscream said:

@MichaelMayhem said:

@Siddar said:

@aozkum said:

Yes, fast moving heroes like Nova and Nightcrawler should have target-move basic attacks. Perhaps fine tune Nova's Cosmic Combo by not moving around but can still dash on target-click.

And Night Crawler's Bamf Beatdown is definitely a great recipient of this click-target attack. And please properly tag them as "movement" so they can benefit from the new movement legendary.

I don't want to see that target dashing ability on any other heroes until they've fixed the animation bug, where Carnage dashes to the target and gets stuck mid-animation, resulting in him making a clicking noise and doing no damage.

Anything not human shaped usually causes it to happen, such as the spiders in the Daily Bugle terminal.

2»