Categories

Good job with Carnage Gaz

I came back after a short break and bought him with Splinters. He is everything Venom should have been. His powers are true to the source, he is a ton of fun to play, his personality is perfect.

I also think his auto dash on his basic attacks should be added to every melee hero. It really is a big quality of life change that makes the game more fast paced and enjoyable.

After the past couple events and content being underwhelming, its nice to see the devs make quality content again.

True BelieverLocation Stuck in the middle with youPosts: 2,400 Fantastic
edited August 7

Personally, I'm pretty disappointed.

I don't know why a shapeshifting homicidal maniac would care about using the same weapon type.

He should've had way more randomness, like a melee version of Scarlet Witch's Chaos abilities.

He plays more like Odinson than Carnage.

Whatever you do, DON'T initiate Battle Plan Bravo!

True BelieverLocation Right herePosts: 4,255 Cosmic

Wow, sorry your parade got kind of rained on here @XanoZelos ....

For what it's worth, I think he was done really well too. I usually don't gravitate towards melee characters but he is a lot of fun!

I was pretty skeptical given the last few releases but he is great. Highly survivable and decent ttk.

Overall one of the best hero releases since launch!

"You can have fun, or you can have safety, but you can't have them both" -a ten year old

@aozkum said:
Personally, I'm pretty disappointed.

I don't know why a shapeshifting homicidal maniac would care about using the same weapon type.

He should've had way more randomness, like a melee version of Scarlet Witch's Chaos abilities.

He plays more like Odinson than Carnage.

I don't know if they mentioned much about Odinson, but on paper it seems like the same type of hero with weapon switching. Maybe it will be far more unique. Perhaps the weapon types will entirely change his abilities in the way phasing does for Vision.

True BelieverLocation Right herePosts: 4,255 Cosmic

@Siddar said:
I am still convinced that his auto dash to target was made with console in mind. Hold the button. Game takes you to the mob. Profit. The way his basic works, as well as having a ton of dash charges, really does make him easier to play than a lot of the older out dated melee heroes.

For me, it felt awkward at first, but then as I got used to doing it, I can hardly go back to other melee characters. I really like it!

"You can have fun, or you can have safety, but you can't have them both" -a ten year old

Location Near MadripoorPosts: 7,648 Cosmic

His basic design is good. Just that I use Axe as main power. I don't get to use his basic power beyond leveling.

My Marvel Heroes videos in YouTube. I have guides for all heroes. New players friendly too.

Since March 30, 2013 (Closed Beta) · As of Sep 2015 (GMT+8)

Location Cosmic Danger Room Posts: 1,189 Fantastic

my favorite basic in the game. Dash to target, buffs based on last skill type used and a very nice buff after sig that makes it a boss shredder (dependent upon sig buff talent). Carnage has enough uniqueness to make him feel fresh and different. Lots of build choices. All in all a great character.

Does he still have the same voice as his team up bc that was annoying and would make me not want to get him as a hero

@HavokX said:
Does he still have the same voice as his team up bc that was annoying and would make me not want to get him as a hero

he has the same voice actor but a different voice filter so it does not sound exactly the same.

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

Location Wandering the left hand pathPosts: 4,839 Cosmic

@HavokX said:

It is slightly different. I loved his TU voice and was afraid the changes would ruin him since people spoke of a "deeper" voice. It is deeper, but still scratchy and pitchy at the same time. To me it is a work of art and the voice actor is a pure genius imo. It is different enough from the TU but also similar enough at the same time to make it not feel like two completely different characters.

He also has some very well made adorable sounds when speaking to some of the ladies, sounds like mix of drooling and a cat purring.

Location USAPosts: 1,433 Fantastic

well I see him used even now after the first day of release so that is saying something.

Carnage is what made me reinstall, and I am not disappointed. Very fun hero.

Cutting EdgeLocation Planet Express, New New YorkPosts: 263 Amazing

I got him to red and shelved him, because I never liked the character in comics and the team-up voice made me cringe. In fact, I played him through red with the volume down. But he was well done as a hero... just not my thing.

“Life was so much easier when I just smashed tanks and beat up Abominations for a living.” - Hulk

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Hero Roster 2.x

Location Down the left-hand highwayPosts: 166 Incredible

He just needs to come to the PS4 now!

Carnage wants YOU to play him in Marvel Heroes!

Location Behind YouPosts: 521 Amazing

I still don't want Carnage. The symbiote era in Spider Man bored me. But then again so did The Punisher era.

Venom Bores Me, Make A Playable Sandman

AceLocation ChicagoPosts: 485 Amazing

@Supahz said:
I got him to red and shelved him, because I never liked the character in comics and the team-up voice made me cringe. In fact, I played him through red with the volume down. But he was well done as a hero... just not my thing.

aye, I found the voice too grating. I'm sure the hero is fine but it's the little things like that which make me want to play or not play a hero. I got him to 60, even did his cosmic trial with little trouble and subpar equipment but just didn't like the playstyle. Then again I am hoping we get more ranged blaster style heroes. I've been playing melee way too much and even a good deal of ranged heroes currently have melee specs.