Categories

«1

Is Cosmic Double Bonus XP on?

Posts: 6,795 Cosmic
Location .Posts: 4,134 Cosmic

That is an excellent question.

.

.
Location Cruisin' down the street in my spheroidPosts: 379 Amazing

@Costanza said:
I was wondering the same thing. I never understood why the flat bonus XP of any event can't be seen in the ultra lengthy stats sheet, it'd make things way easier.

That would be an amazing QoL update

Check out my Youtube channel @ DavokianSlovosh
Twitter @SlovoshGaming
Hero wishlist:

  • Groot
  • Yondu
  • MODOK
  • Wonder-Man
Location CancerversePosts: 2,113 Cosmic

@Asros can you check on it? Does not appear to be on.

image

Location Among the starsPosts: 773 Amazing

@TheNapman said:
Another failed event start by Gaz...

Actually, two out of three isn't bad. They started both the ARMOR and OMEGA events on time, and the ARMOR event I believe worked as intended. I had some issues with not receiving OMEGA access files, but they fixed that with multiple boxes on my last two logins.

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

GazillionPosts: 4,655 Staff

Yes, it is on.

@Costanza said:
I was wondering the same thing. I never understood why the flat bonus XP of any event can't be seen in the ultra lengthy stats sheet, it'd make things way easier.

The stat sheet can only see what is on the avatar itself. For events, we are multiplying the xp output at the server level, not avatar.

Brian Waggoner - Game/Systems Designer

Twitter - Asros

Posts: 25 Mighty

@Sensorie said:

@Asros said:
Yes, it is on.

@Costanza said:
I was wondering the same thing. I never understood why the flat bonus XP of any event can't be seen in the ultra lengthy stats sheet, it'd make things way easier.

The stat sheet can only see what is on the avatar itself. For events, we are multiplying the xp output at the server level, not avatar.

Would it not be prudent to have this information prominently displayed in the game itself?

It would certainly save you the hassle from having to personally reconfirm it each time on the forums in response to snarky comments.

4 years of asking nicely says no.

True BelieverLocation Right herePosts: 4,255 Cosmic

@Asros said:

@Sensorie said:

@Asros said:
Yes, it is on.

@Costanza said:
I was wondering the same thing. I never understood why the flat bonus XP of any event can't be seen in the ultra lengthy stats sheet, it'd make things way easier.

The stat sheet can only see what is on the avatar itself. For events, we are multiplying the xp output at the server level, not avatar.

Would it not be prudent to have this information prominently displayed in the game itself?

It would certainly save you the hassle from having to personally reconfirm it each time on the forums in response to snarky comments.

You mean, like this?

I think he means the xp bonus, kind of like we have for boosts?

"You can have fun, or you can have safety, but you can't have them both" -a ten year old

GazillionPosts: 4,655 Staff

@Attackfrog said:

@Asros said:

@Sensorie said:

@Asros said:
Yes, it is on.

@Costanza said:
I was wondering the same thing. I never understood why the flat bonus XP of any event can't be seen in the ultra lengthy stats sheet, it'd make things way easier.

The stat sheet can only see what is on the avatar itself. For events, we are multiplying the xp output at the server level, not avatar.

Would it not be prudent to have this information prominently displayed in the game itself?

It would certainly save you the hassle from having to personally reconfirm it each time on the forums in response to snarky comments.

You mean, like this?

I think he means the xp bonus, kind of like we have for boosts?

No, for the same reason I said it isn't possible to do it in the character sheet. Anything in the UI displays what is on the avatar, it isn't able to pull that information from the server setting without significant engineering.

Brian Waggoner - Game/Systems Designer

Twitter - Asros

True BelieverLocation Right herePosts: 4,255 Cosmic

@Asros said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Asros said:

@Sensorie said:

@Asros said:
Yes, it is on.

@Costanza said:
I was wondering the same thing. I never understood why the flat bonus XP of any event can't be seen in the ultra lengthy stats sheet, it'd make things way easier.

The stat sheet can only see what is on the avatar itself. For events, we are multiplying the xp output at the server level, not avatar.

Would it not be prudent to have this information prominently displayed in the game itself?

It would certainly save you the hassle from having to personally reconfirm it each time on the forums in response to snarky comments.

You mean, like this?

I think he means the xp bonus, kind of like we have for boosts?

No, for the same reason I said it isn't possible to do it in the character sheet. Anything in the UI displays what is on the avatar, it isn't able to pull that information from the server setting without significant engineering.

Which was going to be exactly my next request: an icon that would tell us exactly how much server side xp we are getting!

You nipped that one right in the bud!

"You can have fun, or you can have safety, but you can't have them both" -a ten year old

Posts: 607 Amazing

@Asros said:

@Sensorie said:

@Asros said:
Yes, it is on.

@Costanza said:
I was wondering the same thing. I never understood why the flat bonus XP of any event can't be seen in the ultra lengthy stats sheet, it'd make things way easier.

The stat sheet can only see what is on the avatar itself. For events, we are multiplying the xp output at the server level, not avatar.

Would it not be prudent to have this information prominently displayed in the game itself?

It would certainly save you the hassle from having to personally reconfirm it each time on the forums in response to snarky comments.

You mean, like this?

How does that address the comment by @Costanza, which both you and I quoted, regarding the flat XP bonus?

It doesn't.

Your next comment does:

@Asros said:
Anything in the UI displays what is on the avatar, it isn't able to pull that information from the server setting without significant engineering.

I can infer the following from this:

  • Cosmic Chaos is a "buff" applied to avatars.
  • The tooltip contains static text, in which case it can simply be amended to reflect the +42% server side XP bonus.
Posts: 1 New Agent
edited August 10

@Asros said:

@Sensorie said:

@Asros said:
Yes, it is on.

@Costanza said:
I was wondering the same thing. I never understood why the flat bonus XP of any event can't be seen in the ultra lengthy stats sheet, it'd make things way easier.

The stat sheet can only see what is on the avatar itself. For events, we are multiplying the xp output at the server level, not avatar.

Would it not be prudent to have this information prominently displayed in the game itself?

It would certainly save you the hassle from having to personally reconfirm it each time on the forums in response to snarky comments.

You mean, like this?

Ah, nice

Posts: 25 Mighty

@Sensorie said:

I can infer the following from this:

  • Cosmic Chaos is a "buff" applied to avatars.
  • The tooltip contains static text, in which case it can simply be amended to reflect the +42% server side XP bonus.

Yup.

Posts: 144 Incredible

@Asros : I think it was meant to be something like... " Is it not possible to just add the 2x cosmic prestige XP bonus and the +42% XP bonus on the view buff area (or maybe just add it after the wall of text about cosmic event if it is 100% linked with the cosmic buff)

Pro FounderLocation SBD-BCNPosts: 593 Amazing

It's pretty obvious that sending one extra byte of data is going to overload the client-server connections.

Posts: 607 Amazing

@xbytewalker said:
It's pretty obvious that sending one extra byte of data is going to overload the client-server connections.

The "significant engineering" probably overloaded the servers and caused the current outage.

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.