Categories

Livestream on Tuesday but NOTHING for PC!

Location Black ForestPosts: 4,753 Cosmic
edited August 9

@christs said:

@superjedimaster said:
Well did they give anything new for any console?

Moondragon is going. Nothing else. Every other question was either no idea/not telling or ignored for any console.

Does she do the same stuff as on PC? How will she be replaced? On PC she got her VU not long ago, was that all for nothing? @KomoriMan

edit:
found it

@AteyaSesh said:
You would think people would realize that September is the deadline for Omega Items, Difficulty and whatever Apoc stuff we are supposed to be getting. Its fairly obvious that the devs are hard at work trying to meet these deadlines.

Why is that the deadline? What happens if they are not able to meet the deadline? Won't stuff just be released a bit later?

Spider-Woman is lonely -> Porcupine Team-Up, pls

True BelieverPosts: 762 Amazing

@AteyaSesh said:
Its fairly obvious that the devs are hard at work trying to meet these deadlines.

It would be fair for someone to be hopeful about it, but how is it obvious?

Location The List Of JerichoPosts: 1,734 Fantastic

@SamuRonX said:

@Asros said:

@SamuRonX said:

@Asros said:

@SamuRonX said:

@Asros said:

@SamuRonX said:
for any PC folks feeling neglected, @Asros gave us something we all can appreciate!

raffle dance!

you're welcome.

This is the most amazing thing anyone has ever done for me.

I am still waiting for someone in power (like you) to give one of my posts a Promote. :wink:

I dont even know what promote does.

it's like winning the Superbowl in the Marvel Heroes Forum.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/318301/whos-the-real-champion-of-points-gathering

(in other words, it confers bragging rights but nothing else.)

If there was someone who made a gif of me blowing kisses, and i dont mean just a gif, i mean awesome animated text and other fun visuals, I could see myself promoting that post.

my body is ready

Join Actual Mutants today!
My TankMaster build!
My Ranged Tasky build!
Don't be stupid, be a smarty! Come and join the Say Wut? party!
Say Wut?: Then - Now - Forever

@Asros said:

@SamuRonX said:

@Asros said:

@SamuRonX said:

@Asros said:

@SamuRonX said:

@Asros said:

@SamuRonX said:
for any PC folks feeling neglected, @Asros gave us something we all can appreciate!

raffle dance!

you're welcome.

I am still waiting for someone in power (like you) to give one of my posts a Promote. :wink:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/318301/whos-the-real-champion-of-points-gathering

If there was someone who made a gif of me blowing kisses, and i dont mean just a gif, i mean awesome animated text and other fun visuals, I could see myself promoting that post.

my body is ready

DONE.

wooo woooooo!

Thank you, Mystery Gifter, for the Age of Ultron and Heroes for Hire Fortune Cards!
create your own wishlist! | check out my guide to Story Mode shortcuts! | enter the DevBlog giveaway!

Location Retired SuperheroPosts: 943 Amazing

@Maggotbreath said:

@AteyaSesh said:
You would think people would realize that September is the deadline for Omega Items, Difficulty and whatever Apoc stuff we are supposed to be getting. Its fairly obvious that the devs are hard at work trying to meet these deadlines. We know what they are working on why does everyone need a reminder every day they are working on it? I take this silence as a good thing, its crunch time for Gaz and they have their heads down and are on the development grind to get this content out on time. We just had an anniversary event and were given a lot of free things. Why does every stream have to be for PC? Let the console kids have their fun.

I think part of the issue, at least for me, is we still don't have concrete examples of the scope of Omega Items. We don't know if Omega Difficulty will add anything into the encounters, or if the bosses will just have larger health pools and deal more damage.

The answers to both of these are pretty important to some people.

A preview of some Omega items would help. A discussion, per hero, for feedback on the items would be amazing.

A Dev Boss Blog that's been floated around and then....nothing, would be completely awesome and probably set some people's concerns to rest.

Yeah, I think a lot of forumites realize it's crunch time, but it doesn't help wehn we don't know what next month will bring.

Its completely reasonable to think Omega will be released closer to the end of September. I would expect we get test center for omega the second week of September giving them 15 or so days to refine it based on feedback. Why should the developers stop developing to pander to the player base on the forums. We will see Omega Items and Difficulty when it hits TC. I expect most of the devs are working super overtime to make sure they can deliver the best and quite frankly biggest patch we have seen in a long time.

Yup.

@AteyaSesh said:
You would think people would realize that September is the deadline for Omega Items, Difficulty and whatever Apoc stuff we are supposed to be getting. Its fairly obvious that the devs are hard at work trying to meet these deadlines.

Why is that the deadline? What happens if they are not able to meet the deadline? Won't stuff just be released a bit later?

There is no deadline. These features come when they come. September was a date given that they felt they could comfortably meet. We always hear from them. Priorities shift, problems arise. It is not like they haven't missed an eta before

Location herePosts: 1,031 Fantastic

@SamuRonX said:

@Asros said:

@SamuRonX said:

@Asros said:

@SamuRonX said:

@Asros said:

@SamuRonX said:

@Asros said:

@SamuRonX said:

raffle dance!

you're welcome.

my body is ready

DONE.

wooo woooooo!

Hey man, gratz on cosmic prestiging Squirrel Girl! Awesome! Also just wanted to say that the dude in your gif reminds me of Tywin from (if you don't know then you must legally change your name so that it no longer has Ron in it) and as always he never disappoints :) This is such a great thread which I'll read soon. Ok smell ya guys later

(not me in the sig, just a good dude with a great sense of humour)
(also, do not take my posts seriously, unless I'm being serious...seriously)
"Geleepworp was right"--SolidGoldHero 2016

edited August 10

@AteyaSesh said:
I highly doubt they want to miss a self imposed deadline and have to explain yet again why things are delayed.

Just to clarify, they have already allowed themselves some wiggle room during the roadmap announcement :

@Jessedev said :
Omega items are very likely to be part of the Omega update in 2017.

So if it does not happen, well they had told to it was a possibility even in may that the patch could lack omega items.

And given that they have not said what they were supposed to add with the omega patch at all ... (especially if omega difficulties and omega items might no be part of it) ... well that's a lot of wiggle room for september.

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

@AteyaSesh said:

@maxximus said:

@AteyaSesh said:
Its fairly obvious that the devs are hard at work trying to meet these deadlines.

It would be fair for someone to be hopeful about it, but how is it obvious?

They gave us a road map through the end of this year. September was the month for Omega. New Gaz wants very much to deliver content on time and start building positive rapport with the player base. I highly doubt they want to miss a self imposed deadline and have to explain yet again why things are delayed. Console is released they can no longer hide behind its development as the reason for delays.

Yes we receive a pc time line. Right after that they also said due to player response they changed their priorities.

New gaz has a lot of the same people as old gaz. The man at the top may have changed but there are a lot of people that remain that missed most eta for old gaz.

@AteyaSesh said:

@Maggotbreath said:

@AteyaSesh said:
You would think people would realize that September is the deadline for Omega Items, Difficulty and whatever Apoc stuff we are supposed to be getting. Its fairly obvious that the devs are hard at work trying to meet these deadlines. We know what they are working on why does everyone need a reminder every day they are working on it? I take this silence as a good thing, its crunch time for Gaz and they have their heads down and are on the development grind to get this content out on time. We just had an anniversary event and were given a lot of free things. Why does every stream have to be for PC? Let the console kids have their fun.

I think part of the issue, at least for me, is we still don't have concrete examples of the scope of Omega Items. We don't know if Omega Difficulty will add anything into the encounters, or if the bosses will just have larger health pools and deal more damage.

A preview of some Omega items would help. A discussion, per hero, for feedback on the items would be amazing.

A Dev Boss Blog that's been floated around and then....nothing, would be completely awesome and probably set some people's concerns to rest.

Yeah, I think a lot of forumites realize it's crunch time, but it doesn't help wehn we don't know what next month will bring.

Its completely reasonable to think Omega will be released closer to the end of September. I would expect we get test center for omega the second week of September giving them 15 or so days to refine it based on feedback.

I think it's completely reasonable(given their track record) that omega will be late.
2 weeks to fine tune everything? You have been here long enough to know it needs more time than that.

Why should the developers stop developing to pander to the player base on the forums.

Why? Maybe to build that positive rapport that you mentioned earlier?
And incase you didn't notice. Asros stopped developing to pander to the forum one page earlier than this one

We will see Omega Items and Difficulty when it hits TC. I expect most of the devs are working super overtime to make sure they can deliver the best and quite frankly biggest patch we have seen in a long time.

Location Retired SuperheroPosts: 943 Amazing

@xanderbigzz said:

@AteyaSesh said:

@Maggotbreath said:

@AteyaSesh said:

Its completely reasonable to think Omega will be released closer to the end of September. I would expect we get test center for omega the second week of September giving them 15 or so days to refine it based on feedback.

I think it's completely reasonable(given their track record) that omega will be late.
2 weeks to fine tune everything? You have been here long enough to know it needs more time than that.

Why should the developers stop developing to pander to the player base on the forums.

Why? Maybe to build that positive rapport that you mentioned earlier?
And incase you didn't notice. Asros stopped developing to pander to the forum one page earlier than this one

We will see Omega Items and Difficulty when it hits TC. I expect most of the devs are working super overtime to make sure they can deliver the best and quite frankly biggest patch we have seen in a long time.

Actions speak louder than words is a popular term for a reason shrug. I'd rather see the work then listen to them pander about what may be.

Yup.

Location WisconsinPosts: 46 Mighty

As I've said before, communication is a big thing for the success of an MMO; you have less speculation and less drama than going long periods of time without hearing anything. I know the speculation and drama can never be eradicated, but at least hearing something is better than nothing. Even a "hey, we're still on track for Omega patch in September" is better than... silence. Even if it means telling us in September, "unfortunately we have to postpone..." is better than... silence.