Categories

Combo Boosts being Assimilated with Currency Boosts

I noticed this a while back but when I click to apply the combo boosts, they don't get their own icon in the buff box. They just become the currency boost. All buffs aside from the currency gain are seemingly lost. I honestly can't tell you how far back this started, I only noticed it the last three times it happened but wanted to make absolutely sure I wasn't seeing things and today I was sure it happened. Is this a known bug?

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,521 Staff

@NoomFlow said:
I noticed this a while back but when I click to apply the combo boosts, they don't get their own icon in the buff box. They just become the currency boost. All buffs aside from the currency gain are seemingly lost. I honestly can't tell you how far back this started, I only noticed it the last three times it happened but wanted to make absolutely sure I wasn't seeing things and today I was sure it happened. Is this a known bug?

To confirm, you use a combo boost while the only buff you have active is the currency boost and only the currency boost gets buffed?

Or you use a combo boost and it only gives you a buff to the currency boost?

Community Manager
Twitter: Pudgyboi
Asterisk = Subject to Change
Have a Suggestion or Feedback for MH? PM me!
Follow MH on Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, YouTube, etc.

True BelieverPosts: 2,906 Cosmic

@Siddar said:

@Kodan said:
Most likely this person doesn't realize there are now separate buff windows and only the currency boost shows on the first window. Its weird that you all changed that anyway from one window to the multiple ones there are now. All you have to do is click on the window @NoomFlow and you will cycle through your buff windows.

Nothing to add really, but wanted to lend my support to the fact that multiple buffs windows and boosts being in different windows is a terrible design. One of many UI changes that make no sense and do not improve the experience.

I don't understand why the currency boost is the only one that doesn't go to the boost tab. I really don't understand why the tabs had to be separated in the first place either but I didn't get to make that decision.

WebheadLocation Over there.Posts: 1,248 Fantastic

@Siddar said:
Nothing to add really, but wanted to lend my support to the fact that multiple buffs windows and boosts being in different windows is a terrible design. One of many UI changes that make no sense and do not improve the experience.

This. It's a horrid design, for me, simply because it knocks all my character/power-based boosts or whatever to another tab, which would be fine if said boosts were permanently running, but not so much when they fade in and out or downright change (like Gambit's cards - should I be using ranged or melee here? Don't know - the tab keeps changing.).

Location IllinoisPosts: 928 Amazing

@wfp9 said:
the combo boosts in general were horrid design. when they were announced it was said they were going to stack allowing for a 400% boost, at 200% boost caps and triple the price of the other boosts, their value compared to other boosts seems rather limited.

especially since it's hard to think of situations where you really want all three boost types at the same time

@Siddar said:

@Kodan said:
Most likely this person doesn't realize there are now separate buff windows and only the currency boost shows on the first window. Its weird that you all changed that anyway from one window to the multiple ones there are now. All you have to do is click on the window @NoomFlow and you will cycle through your buff windows.

Exactly this. Really just wanted to comment on how frustrating this design is.

We don't need to wait for a full UI overhaul to put this back to how it used to be.

My favorite with respect to the multiple boost tab issue is that twin style Iron Fist puts the active style indicator one, and the dying style on the other. Because why would you want the behavior of one talent to update a single space for easy glancing at your current state?

@AzraelNewtype said:
My favorite with respect to the multiple boost tab issue is that twin style Iron Fist puts the active style indicator one, and the dying style on the other. Because why would you want the behavior of one talent to update a single space for easy glancing at your current state?

Changes like this and making the mini map have a no map at all toggle really confuse me. Odd and random choices that make me question if the people behind them even play the game. Maybe I am missing something, but for me it just makes it even more inconvenient to access information quickly.

edited August 9

@KomoriMan said:

@NoomFlow said:

To confirm, you use a combo boost while the only buff you have active is the currency boost and only the currency boost gets buffed?

The combo boost is usually the last of the 4 boosts I have to get applied. So, I'll apply the xp, ssb, currency and then the combo. I should state that I don't even know if the currency boost gets applied. I just assumed that since the combo boost was being applied to the currency boost that that was what was happening.

Edit: Okay. Now I feel kinda dumb. I just got a combo boost from Clea's Mark I card and applied it. At the time I had 111 minutes left on the three boosts. After applying it, the timer jumped to two hours. If this is intended and the combo boost doesn't get it's own icon, then all is well. I just remember it getting it's own icon so that's where the potential confusion is.

@Kodan said:

@KomoriMan said:

@NoomFlow said:

I know and checked. I even bought a few cards from the store and got some from Clea just to test this.

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,521 Staff

@NoomFlow said:

@KomoriMan said:

@NoomFlow said:

The combo boost is usually the last of the 4 boosts I have to get applied. So, I'll apply the xp, ssb, currency and then the combo. I should state that I don't even know if the currency boost gets applied. I just assumed that since the combo boost was being applied to the currency boost that that was what was happening.

Would you be able to provide a video of this issue? The combo boost itself shouldn't get an icon in the buff section but you shouldn't lose the icons for the other boosts.

Community Manager
Twitter: Pudgyboi
Asterisk = Subject to Change
Have a Suggestion or Feedback for MH? PM me!
Follow MH on Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, YouTube, etc.

True BelieverLocation Right herePosts: 4,255 Cosmic
edited August 9

@NoomFlow said:

@KomoriMan said:

@NoomFlow said:

Edit: Okay. Now I feel kinda dumb. I just got a combo boost from Clea's Mark I card and applied it. At the time I had 111 minutes left on the three boosts. After applying it, the timer jumped to two hours. If this is intended and the combo boost doesn't get it's own icon, then all is well. I just remember it getting it's own icon so that's where the potential confusion is.

The old boosts had both....single boost icons and then one for a combo boost. I remember it was pretty confusing.

The new boosts definitely don't have both so the combo boost should bump all three icons' timers up 30 mins.

"You can have fun, or you can have safety, but you can't have them both" -a ten year old

@KomoriMan said:

@NoomFlow said:

@KomoriMan said:

@NoomFlow said:

Would you be able to provide a video of this issue? The combo boost itself shouldn't get an icon in the buff section but you shouldn't lose the icons for the other boosts.

Well, I'm not losing any of the other icons. I just assumed that since the combo boost is a separate purchase and application that it would get it's own icon. I didn't realize (because I didn't actually read the description of the combo boost until this morning) that the combo boost just ups the time of all three of the other boosts. My confusion has been now been cleared up on this issue. Thank you all for responding.

Phoenix PoweredPosts: 1,011 Fantastic
edited August 9

My recollection over the last year is that opening a combo boost just added an icon for each of the individual boosts it was comprised of, and there is no icon for the combo boost as a whole. This seemed quite easy to understand for me.

@Jacyyur said:
My recollection over the last year is that opening a combo boost just added an icon for each of the individual boosts it was comprised of, and there is no icon for the combo boost as a whole. This seemed quite easy to understand for me.

Thanks for clearing things up...