Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Insignia of Inferno(just dropped)

@wfp9 said:
i don't think flame damage is necessarily a new damage type, it could be like the silly ice damage legendary that's only useful on iceman.

It's not ice damage, it's damage versus target with chilled status. (so it's a damage bonus applied when you are hitting something affected by the chilled status, the same way we have the damage versus burning target or bleeding target. Only Iceman and Loki can apply the chilled status).

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

Location In my pc... wait wat ??Posts: 217 Amazing

@Payneshu said:

@nenoro said:

@Payneshu said:
Gaz: The BUE will simplify and streamline everything and help us develop faster

Also Gaz: The Omega patch will bring more convoluted and unnecessary damage types to help players want to stop playing faster

come to social-EN you'll see there a lot of sheep i mean players who loves the crap i mean BUE content... i miss my Marvel Heroes 2015.

The Gaz spin team is pretty bad and inconsistent. Or maybe they are completely uninformed about their long term goals and changes.

Regardless, I agree, pre-bue was the best MH version.

I hope to see the staff posting something soon about the omega patch so we can start the new complaining cycle. The forums are way too dead and I am losing the will to login here, besides to chat with friends in Wut or in DMs.

My expectation is they will push forward with their grand vision for the game regardless of player feedback, so why not get it over with and show us how much less we will like the next set of changes?

you have hope young skywalker, i hope the omega stuff will bring the dps to some heroes who are dying so fast in cosumicu patrols and maybe bring back players for 1 month+

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/321610/what-im-waiting-for-the-4th-anniversary-or-during-2017#latest
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/312609/feedback-request-rogue-feedback/p2
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitDwJ3j-qxhMZcE00pUV1w (guide video)
Review needed
Anna (Rogue) check the link / Illyana (Magik) / Tasha (BW) / Carol (Ms Marvel) / Cable / Susie (Invisible Woman)
VU needed
Rogue / Laura / Jennifer (Lawyer costume) / Rachel Coles-Alves / Kitty age of apocalypse / Ms Marvel Warbird /
New Costumes needed
Ghost Rider Trail of Tears Costume / Magik House of M / Spidey Fear Itself / Ms Marvel Fear Itself / Black Vortex Kitty Pryde / Rogue New X-Men / Moon knight Horsemen of Apocalypse / Invisible Woman Ultimate Jacket, / Captain Marvel Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, / Black Cat House of M /
New Heroes/Anti Heroes playable wish
Morbius / Nico Minoru / Northstar / Dr Nemesis / Werewolf / SwordWoman / Dazzler / Bruunhilde / Devil Slayer / Amelia Weatherly (Nemesis - Alpha Flight) / Mysterio
New Team-UP wish
Sage / Venus / Hazmat / Armor (Hisako Ichiki) / Aurora (if northstar will be taken) / Hope Summers / Starfox / Wolfsbane

Location Apex GamingPosts: 1,086 Fantastic

inb4 the entirety of the Console's crafting system/tagging system/gearing system are brought to PC, oh and with a complementary infinity wipe to "balance" the board (can't have vets getting too far ahead of all those new players when it hits!). :trollface:

/sarcasm...or is it!

it is :wink:

Sentinel of LibertyPosts: 1,949 Cosmic

@Frostacus said:
inb4 the entirety of the Console's crafting system/tagging system/gearing system are brought to PC, oh and with a complementary infinity wipe to "balance" the board (can't have vets getting too far ahead of all those new players when it hits!). :trollface:

/sarcasm...or is it!

it is :wink:

It'd be a great way to sell xp potions

@Winterthur said:
The fire on this Insignia is merely flavor to fit the theme of Inferno.

There's already a multitude of different stats in this game, many of which are referenced inconsistently, and adding "Fire Damage" as mere flavour serves only to cause further confusion, especially considering it's stylised with capitalisation. The next sentence references "Energy Power" in addition to other actual game mechanics.

Location IllinoisPosts: 656 Amazing

@Rasetsu said:

@wfp9 said:
i don't think flame damage is necessarily a new damage type, it could be like the silly ice damage legendary that's only useful on iceman.

It's not ice damage, it's damage versus target with chilled status. (so it's a damage bonus applied when you are hitting something affected by the chilled status, the same way we have the damage versus burning target or bleeding target. Only Iceman and Loki can apply the chilled status).

one of Black Widow's uniques can also apply chilled. think there was one other hero who had gear that could too, but can't remember right now

Location b a m fs p a c ePosts: 3,241 Uncanny

@Tzeentch said:

@Winterthur said:

I think the problem with that is it's just another '5% chance to shoot a fire ball' nonsense affix.

One of the things that i really hate about items is useless affixs, and most '% chance to cast fireball' style affixs are entirely useless and don't proc anything near as often as they should and they add almost literally nothing for dmg.

So for me, when i see anything like 'Chance to do fire dmg' it feels like you guys are actively adding in junk just for the sake of 'more affixs!'. Look at the Mandarin medal as a prime example... that it still does what it does 3 years after proc coefficients is honestly just bad form.

Although it looks to me like this insignia is well-balanced without the proc. I don't mind flavor procs as long as they don't appear to take away from the budget, and aren't used to excess.

Meaningful procs would be better still, of course. For instance, if this proc only did one point of damage but caused a Burn status effect, that would be more interesting. (Not -really- interesting in this case, since taking advantage of Burn isn't well-supported elsewhere, but it would be a start.)

{ BAMF! }

@Winterthur said:

Can we get playable Inferno pls? HT enchanted costume with different running animation???

@Wyrding said:

@Tzeentch said:

@Winterthur said:

I think the problem with that is it's just another '5% chance to shoot a fire ball' nonsense affix.

One of the things that i really hate about items is useless affixs, and most '% chance to cast fireball' style affixs are entirely useless and don't proc anything near as often as they should and they add almost literally nothing for dmg.

So for me, when i see anything like 'Chance to do fire dmg' it feels like you guys are actively adding in junk just for the sake of 'more affixs!'. Look at the Mandarin medal as a prime example... that it still does what it does 3 years after proc coefficients is honestly just bad form.

Although it looks to me like this insignia is well-balanced without the proc. I don't mind flavor procs as long as they don't appear to take away from the budget, and aren't used to excess.

Meaningful procs would be better still, of course. For instance, if this proc only did one point of damage but caused a Burn status effect, that would be more interesting. (Not -really- interesting in this case, since taking advantage of Burn isn't well-supported elsewhere, but it would be a start.)

Meaningful procs only get nerfed to oblivion after a while and leave behind items that are
totally useless .. just look at the Venom artifact that now is even worse than Cargills.

@Tzeentch said:
Look at the Mandarin medal as a prime example... that it still does what it does 3 years after proc coefficients is honestly just bad form.

As useless as it is, it still conforms by referencing energy/physical damage, as opposed to this Inferno insignia which seemingly introduces a new mechanic of "Fire Damage" (but actually doesn't).

Location the universePosts: 429 Amazing

well the fire damage on this isn't really an "inferno" how will this help in omega difficulty fighting all the desk and lamppost affixes on enemies (they are indestructible).
Low damage + Low Proc chance = whats the point!

edited August 7

@Spriggen said:

It's just what they call a "flavorful" affixe. It does not cost anything on the item budget (or barely), it's fairly useless but it's here notheless to tie in with the lore.

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

Location Thanks Hirk!Posts: 225 Amazing

@wfp9 said:

there are a couple of items in game that reward damage amounts vs burning enemies, whereas i'm struggling to think of any item that benefits vs freezing damage other than the casket of ancient winters.

Location the universePosts: 429 Amazing

@Rasetsu said:

@Spriggen said:

It's just what they call a "flavorful" affixe. It does not cost anything on the item budget (or barely), it's fairly useless but it's here notheless to tie in with the lore.

oh i know its just flavor text / low budget but why not make an impactful proc chance what does it matter if its only there at little cost to the budget might as well make it something like 20 % to do something like 2k damage instead atleast that way it noticeble but also can also make "proc builds" which revolve around goofy itemisation to do chip damage in a bountiful manner..... tie this into the infusions and it might be worthwhile taking them with more than 1 point.
This type of damage would benefit high attack speed moves with low damage (too numerous to mention), if they keep on throwing items out like this you might as well not put the proc on them just increase the other attributes on the item by an additional 5-10 %.

Or another way to make them impactful is to allow procs and proc summons to scale with itemisation!

just out of curiosity another item the Hellfire Ammo (gun heroes only) do you know why ANYONE would take this item!
I know the reason they dont, its because its kinda useless in any scenario!