Categories

Attention Heroes! Server downtime planned for tomorrow (7/27) at 6:00 AM PDT to 9:00 AM PDT. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

David Von Dorman CEO says the game was renewed for a 5 year deal

@Endofwords said:
@Naxuus I think you are right. Why would they remove FF from future purchases if pc was going down the drain. Its a great point

The game isn't going anywhere on pc for a while yet. They had no choice in removing the ff

@JamesBarnes said:

@xanderbigzz said:

@Rasetsu said:

@xanderbigzz said:
To announce it in a stream is quite sad imo.

A console stream on top of that.

Exactly. I just don't understand why its so difficult to initiate effective communication. If the pc is renewed is this really the best way to find out?

My impression from the stream it was just something incidentally said from the CEO as he was telling a story about how he went to Marvel for the console license, and then he got it renewed for 5 years, or something like that.

Thanks for the thread. I'm going to have to watch this once it's archived

@MoonShield said:
Maybe @KomoriMan could get the CEO to stop by one time to address the PC nation on a dev stream?

I second this request

Location Looking for reasons to stick aroundPosts: 2,098 Fantastic

@BohemianRhapsody said:
His name is Dorman and Doorman isn't in the game? What the hell is this?!

Disclaimer: It is not my intention for my honesty to insult or offend you.

Stop Patching on Fridays !!!

• sniffs air * Do you smell that? Discontent mixed with dissension and contempt. I wonder what caused it?

@Endofwords said:
and to reiterate it like @rasetsu said its the stash thats got me in the craw lol. I toss things everyday to make room for other things, and i've bought alot of stash tabs, and hero stash tabs =) I know they are different games, its just me whining. I normally dont whine alot on here on un-storm related topics, but its so weird to see the CEO be like "look pc players, you forged the game, your important for sure, we will come back to you, but we need this to succeed" i get that, but then followed by "if you bought a founders pack you get 10 free stash!" thats like... say what? HAHA i know they work differently, maybe the consoles need the stash more than the pc if that makes sense? i dunno. Im just trying to contribute to conversation. Ive been around for a while, im still around haha

But that have given PC players stash space before, Console stash tabs and PC stash tabs are not the same. But yes PC has been given lots of stash space over the years between what was added to the inventory slots and team ups having there own stash.

I made a really cool signature then my ADD kicked in and I forgot to save it.

Location IowaPosts: 582 Amazing
edited July 13

i> @Dyastro said:

@Endofwords said:
and to reiterate it like @rasetsu said its the stash thats got me in the craw lol. I toss things everyday to make room for other things, and i've bought alot of stash tabs, and hero stash tabs =) I know they are different games, its just me whining. I normally dont whine alot on here on un-storm related topics, but its so weird to see the CEO be like "look pc players, you forged the game, your important for sure, we will come back to you, but we need this to succeed" i get that, but then followed by "if you bought a founders pack you get 10 free stash!" thats like... say what? HAHA i know they work differently, maybe the consoles need the stash more than the pc if that makes sense? i dunno. Im just trying to contribute to conversation. Ive been around for a while, im still around haha

But that have given PC players stash space before, Console stash tabs and PC stash tabs are not the same. But yes PC has been given lots of stash space over the years between what was added to the inventory slots and team ups having there own stash.

Yes sir, thats why i said "maybe the consoles need the stash more than pc" i admittedly dont own a console, and i know they are very different games right now, but i think the goal is to have them somewhat the same eventually. I will stand by statement that the stash bothers me, but you have a very valid point. i dont play console, and so maybe the stash is more necessary for the console retention than it was for pc.

edit they have never given us 10 free stash's tho

@Endofwords said:
Yes sir, thats why i said "maybe the consoles need the stash more than pc" i admittedly dont own a console, and i know they are very different games right now, but i think the goal is to have them somewhat the same eventually. I will stand by statement that the stash bothers me, but you have a very valid point. i dont play console, and so maybe the stash is more necessary for the console retention than it was for pc.

Take away team up inventory, main stash on Console is 40 items and "Bank" is 50. The cost is insane compared to PC, Each extra main stash gives 10 slots (this is probably what they are giving away just the terms for PC and Console got switched" and for bank you get 50 extra slots.

Compare that to PC starting with 90 main inventory and 48 bank.

edited July 13

@Dyastro said:

@Endofwords said:

Take away team up inventory, main stash on Console is 40 items and "Bank" is 50. The cost is insane compared to PC, Each extra main stash gives 10 slots (this is probably what they are giving away just the terms for PC and Console got switched" and for bank you get 50 extra slots.

thats very informative, thank you. i didn't realize a stash tab was 10 slots, that changes my whole perspective. 2 free stash tabs on pc over anniversary events is then even to 10 free console tabs. Thank you for that information

Location In a galaxy far far away...Posts: 4,846 Cosmic

@xanderbigzz said:
They aren't obligated as we can all see that. If they were we would already know. The name change was done to simply things and make it less confusing for new players.
I don't think the pc platform is closing anytime soon. I think they last out the licensed contract.
All the changes you bring up had to done. They will try different things before 2019 to make this version more successful. But if they can't success in doing that this game could possibly end on pc

Look at it like this. You have two investments. Your making 10% back on one of them and losing on the other. Would you keep the one investment where you are losing money simply because you are making money on another?

Here's the catch: why would you let go of the one investment if it actually helped you get the second one in the first place? What you need to do is figure out how to make money on both investments and keep doing so, because as it stands the first one has more consumers than the second one.

Also, those aren't investments, they are products. Well, actually, product, only offered to different consumers.

@Endofwords said:

@Dyastro said:

@Endofwords said:

thats very informative, thank you. i didn't realize a stash tab was 10 slots, that changes my whole perspective. 2 free stash tabs on pc over anniversary events is then even to 10 free console tabs. Thank you for that information

They also dont actually call them stash tabs on Console since there are not tabs in any way. The whole inventory has been revamped for console and works in a whole different method. Sorting is hella simpler so I do like it better.

recycling is a good business! Its not hard to do, and it helps the world lol @Wyrding But seriously I think your main point is , its a business and they have to make money to succeed. They need to make financial changes/decisions.

As far as the sentiment expressed to pc players, i really hope they do a PC stream soon. The last streams have all been console related (understandably). Im glad carnage is coming, hes not a fave of mine, but im happy about it cause it shows PC isn't completely in the gallows. In fact lots of console players in the chat, as i mentioned earlier, are aching for the characters in pc. I honestly want to know (out of sheer curiosity) if they plan on releasing all the pc characters on console ff excluded cause of that recent event. Alot of people were asking about their favorite characters, and the only ones mentioned were black cat and nightcrawler (feel free to correct me if im wrong)

@Endofwords said:
recycling is a good business! Its not hard to do, and it helps the world lol @Wyrding But seriously I think your main point is , its a business and they have to make money to succeed. They need to make financial changes/decisions.

As far as the sentiment expressed to pc players, i really hope they do a PC stream soon. The last streams have all been console related (understandably). Im glad carnage is coming, hes not a fave of mine, but im happy about it cause it shows PC isn't completely in the gallows. In fact lots of console players in the chat, as i mentioned earlier, are aching for the characters in pc. I honestly want to know (out of sheer curiosity) if they plan on releasing all the pc characters on console ff excluded cause of that recent event. Alot of people were asking about their favorite characters, and the only ones mentioned were black cat and nightcrawler (feel free to correct me if im wrong)

I think that's the plan since there is really no reason not to but they will get around 1 hero per month according to Gaz so it will be a while before console catches up to PC. But they don't have a specific timeline.

@KomoriMan said:

@MoonShield said:
Maybe @KomoriMan could get the CEO to stop by one time to address the PC nation on a dev stream?

I can work on that! He did address the PC players directly during the stream but when we do another PC stream, I can see if he can stop by and chat with you guys.

I think a PC stream would be a great idea!

An oppurtunity to show off Carnage and maybe a Storm 90's VU teaser...maybe an appearance from @TheDink hehehe <3

@ManaKami said:
So gaz admit stuff now? What parallel world is this? So that mean when they left pc in the dark. The money ppl spent from pc got funded to console?

The money people spent on the PC version didn't even cover what little development the PC version saw. So no, it definitely didn't cover the port. A well publicized second round of investment in the company did that.

Phoenix PoweredLocation New York City, NYPosts: 690 Amazing

What kind of storage? You mean they are adding gen slots to storage?

edited July 14

@BabeBro said:
What kind of storage? You mean they are adding gen slots to storage?

from what i understand:

on stream they said VIP status (which is earned through spending money on console) gets you some permabuffs including 10 free stash.

what i didn't understand is that stash on pc is like 50 a tab, but in console its all interface, so when u purchase additional stash its only 10 slots. so 10 free stash on consoleedit is = to 100 spots (2 stash on pc) which they have given us opportunities to get for free. so initially in my posting i misunderstood, but i understand it alot better now.