Categories

TC Log-In Issue & Staff Responsiveness (Non-Build or Date Specific - General TC Issue)

edited July 13

I have been making posts regarding the issue with logging into the test center since the 5th of July. I only got an update on the 6th of July because I had to tag one of the staff members of the game. They said that they were going to look into when they can fix it. A new TC update goes live on the 11th of July and no update on the issue. Not even to say they're still looking into a fix or anything.

I even made a new post requesting some news or an update for the issue, guess what nothing. What is the point of having a test center if a percentage of players can't log in? New players can't log in, if you reset your password you can't login and some other players just can't log in for some reason. This issue has been around for months now, the first time this error showed up for me was in April. For some people, this issue has been there longer than that. If you're going to release a new hero and want people to test it, make sure you can at least allow players to enter the test server. How can you get a good amount of feedback whilst people can't log in?

I've uninstalled the TC game client and I'll no longer attempt to log in anymore, because this issue probably wont be fixed for months. You know the funniest thing is, they are seeing our threads and posts regarding issues of the game. Both of my posts when I made when I was excited for Carnage asking about a pre-order date were both responded to as quick as lightning when he went live on the MH website store. If you can respond to people wanting to spend money as fast as that, why can't you respond to people reporting issues of the game? Because that makes it look like you don't care about the issues regarding the game, instead only our money.

I am no longer going to pre-order or purchase Carnage with money, instead my eternity splinters. Hopefully you won't close my thread.

Had to comment the rest of the post, my post was getting marked as needing approval as it was too long.

Go for the eyes Boo, Go for the eyes!!!

@Payneshu said:
Them being less than responsive to TC feedback is old news. People like me will no longer download the TC or bother with trying to give detailed feedback since it's largely ignored or invalidated by a dev since it doesn't fit their grand and masterful vision.

I for one, don't understand the point of TC since, from my perspective, they don't benefit the players or allow the players to be heard any more than the regular forums do, or the hero feedback does.

I only started playing the game properly in April after a break for a year. So it was the first time I'd actually seen the errors. I wanted to play as Carnage and test him in the test center and it's so frustrating to see after this whole time they haven't addressed the issues. I see what you mean by saying it's pointless, but for me I just want to see if the character is fun and see the costumes etc.

Fearless LeaderLocation AroundPosts: 5,793 Cosmic

@Tormond88 said:
Go for the eyes Boo, Go for the eyes!!!

@BabylonPaladin said:

@SSeann said:
I've uninstalled the TC game client

LOL welcome to me February 2014.

Is that how long this issue has been around for?

Location Between the Hammer and the AnvilPosts: 21,906 Cosmic

@SSeann said:

@BabylonPaladin said:

@SSeann said:

It's not really an 'issue' as much as a chosen business practice, regardless of who is working at Gaz. This is essentially an all new crew but the TC's purpose hasn't changed. It's 5% bug testing, 95% hype generator to boost pre-sales.

Shrug

@BabylonPaladin said:

@SSeann said:

@BabylonPaladin said:

@SSeann said:

It's not really an 'issue' as much as a chosen business practice, regardless of who is working at Gaz. This is essentially an all new crew but the TC's purpose hasn't changed. It's 5% bug testing, 95% hype generator to boost pre-sales.

Shrug

It still has a purpose IMO, if I want to purchase Carnage or a new hero that's coming out I'd want to test them out on the TC. You can't really do that any other time since you can only test a character in the game and their powers til lvl 10.

I have been playing Marvel Heroes since January of this year. I've never been able to log into the Test Server. Some characters I may have pre-ordered; I didn't because I wasn't able to try them out. I would have also been happy to offer feedback on the forums. Every time the Test Center comes online again, I try again hoping to be able to log in. I never can.

@Scolai said:
I have been playing Marvel Heroes since January of this year. I've never been able to log into the Test Server. Some characters I may have pre-ordered; I didn't because I wasn't able to try them out. I would have also been happy to offer feedback on the forums. Every time the Test Center comes online again, I try again hoping to be able to log in. I never can.

This sums it up perfectly.

Location b a m fs p a c ePosts: 3,492 Uncanny

@Payneshu said:
Them being less than responsive to TC feedback is old news. People like me will no longer download the TC or bother with trying to give detailed feedback since it's largely ignored or invalidated by a dev since it doesn't fit their grand and masterful vision.

I for one, don't understand the point of TC since, from my perspective, they don't benefit the players or allow the players to be heard any more than the regular forums do, or the hero feedback does.

Did you not get some of what you wanted for Punisher with his post-BUE update? I know some of that wasn't TC, but IIRC some of it was tweaked on TC and I think some of that was your feedback.

I could be misremembering, or misremembering your role in it, but I think of that as one of the TC success stories. (Not that Frank is perfect now, or anything.)

No doubt there've been a lot of occasions where overwhelming feedback from players has seemingly been ignored on TC. Although sometimes it has happened, just down the line several patches.

{ BAMF! }

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 9,083 Cosmic

@Wyrding said:

@Payneshu said:

Did you not get some of what you wanted for Punisher with his post-BUE update? I know some of that wasn't TC, but IIRC some of it was tweaked on TC and I think some of that was your feedback.

I could be misremembering, or misremembering your role in it, but I think of that as one of the TC success stories. (Not that Frank is perfect now, or anything.)

No doubt there've been a lot of occasions where overwhelming feedback from players has seemingly been ignored on TC. Although sometimes it has happened, just down the line several patches.

My feedback was completely ignored. Not one suggestion was validated by devs or implimented.

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant Just kidding my wallet is now closed for Gazillion. Hello, Crossout!

#WotrickBulgeMaster2015 #DiamondCapes2016 #CauliflowerHeroes2017 #RIPMH2017

R.I.P. TranzAnatomie Long live Payneshu!

Location b a m fs p a c ePosts: 3,492 Uncanny

@Payneshu said:

@Wyrding said:

@Payneshu said:

My feedback was completely ignored. Not one suggestion was validated by devs or implimented.

My mistake then, I must have been thinking of somebody else.

{ BAMF! }

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,521 Staff

Let me first apologize for the delayed response on my end.

We are scheduling a platform data refresh sometime early next week which will allow any new players to hop onto Test Center.

If you already had the ability to log into TC but can't now due to your PW issue, please PM me. Sorry again guys.

Community Manager
Twitter: Pudgyboi
Asterisk = Subject to Change
Have a Suggestion or Feedback for MH? PM me!
Follow MH on Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, YouTube, etc.

@KomoriMan said:

We are scheduling a platform data refresh sometime early next week which will allow any new players to hop onto Test Center.

If you already had the ability to log into TC but can't now due to your PW issue, please PM me. Sorry again guys.

Thank you.

True BelieverPosts: 774 Amazing

@BabylonPaladin said:

@SSeann said:

@BabylonPaladin said:

@SSeann said:

Shrug

mmmm...need a 15% in there somewhere for 'angry masses sedative'

I started to notice only a select few people get chosen for TC feedback. It's because of this that I decided never to go back on it. Doesn't matter how you type out your feedback, doesn't matter how accurate what you say is. If you're not one of the few, you're obsolete there.

@KomoriMan said:

PM sent. Would love to login to the TC this weekend.

@SSeann Thanks for your persistence. I feel like you really encouraged a response from these guys.