Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers will be unavailable on 9/21 at 6 AM PDT for server maintenance. Downtime is expected to last up to 5 hours.

Enhanced Costumes vs. Playables

True BelieverPosts: 3,395 Cosmic
edited July 12

@Rasetsu said:

@Draes said:

@Rasetsu said:

@Draes said:
It would make the price for the Enhanced Costumes some what more worth it. 15 dollars for a costume is a little ridiculous......

I fear you will not like the direction we are probably going to take regarding the price you will have to pay for costume. Because even if currently you think you are paying too much for those costumes, they are still not earning enough to make the business model sustainable.

On console they have decided to not put anything directly on the store but to only use a gambling system. And yes while it is too soon to know whether or not they are going to remove everything from the store and use this new business model, at the very least more and more release are going to be put behind the fortune card.

and by the way I was fine with this because costumes were only cosmetic but if they are planning on making costume that will affect gameplay maybe I will have to reconsider my position.

Have you heard if they're gonna raise the prices?

...they had to admit that after reviewing the data of the last 4 years, this business model was just not sustainable.

No business model is sustainable when you repeatedly shoot yourself in the foot with dubious decisions. The current Eternity Splinter model, plus Prestige costume and costume blender probably didn't help things in the least.

@Blev said:

@Rasetsu said:

@Draes said:

@Rasetsu said:

@Draes said:
It would make the price for the Enhanced Costumes some what more worth it. 15 dollars for a costume is a little ridiculous......

I fear you will not like the direction we are probably going to take regarding the price you will have to pay for costume. Because even if currently you think you are paying too much for those costumes, they are still not earning enough to make the business model sustainable.

On console they have decided to not put anything directly on the store but to only use a gambling system. And yes while it is too soon to know whether or not they are going to remove everything from the store and use this new business model, at the very least more and more release are going to be put behind the fortune card.

and by the way I was fine with this because costumes were only cosmetic but if they are planning on making costume that will affect gameplay maybe I will have to reconsider my position.

Have you heard if they're gonna raise the prices?

...they had to admit that after reviewing the data of the last 4 years, this business model was just not sustainable.

No business model is sustainable when you repeatedly shoot yourself in the foot with dubious decisions. The current Eternity Splinter model, plus Prestige costume and costume blender probably didn't help things in the least.

Well, they have said the data were the same for the beta of the console (even thought they don't have the same eternity splinter model, don't have the blender and don't have costume as reward for the prestige and even thought they were expecting console players to spend more on the game).

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

Location I'm not the second coming, I'm the first wave.Posts: 11,803 Cosmic

One other thing to look at with Unworthy Thor, he's a character who's moves will change based on the weapon he's using.

With this costume thing altering that even further, I image they could do Hercules, Valkyrie, Ares and various other costumes for him.

@Maggotbreath said:
One other thing to look at with Unworthy Thor, he's a character who's moves will change based on the weapon he's using.

With this costume thing altering that even further, I image they could do Hercules, Valkyrie, Ares and various other costumes for him.

Thunderstrike!

@zeroere said:

@Maggotbreath said:

Thunderstrike!

10/10 would buy for the pony tail.

edited July 12

@Maggotbreath said:

On the other hand they could have released any of those as the default character for this particular concept.

Anyway in the end it only boils down to whether or not they are expecting to make more money from one option over the others

@Rasetsu said:

@Maggotbreath said:

On the other hand they could have released any of those as the default character for this particular concept.

Anyway in the end it only boils down to whether or not they are expecting to make more money from one option over the others

And depending on how much a costume changes things, do we stop looking at new characters as separate characters and view them as archetypes with the potential to be character X, Y, or Z.

Location Where G per H earning rate is too low. Posts: 2,565 Fantastic

@KomoriMan @Asros will this "costumes with powers" be purchasable with eternity splinters or will this be the first heroes that are unavailable for f2p players?

Phoenix PoweredLocation New York City, NYPosts: 725 Amazing

@ApolloSeven said:
Okay.... But why aren't they doing this for Unworthy Thor and Thor then? Just make him an enhanced costume with a few different powers?

This! I mean I understand Marvel is forcing it withthw release of the movie, but I truly and honestly think that slot can go to one of the many highly requested characters over the years.

Location The Xavier Institute, Central ParkPosts: 5,450 Cosmic

@Baku said:
@KomoriMan @Asros will this "costumes with powers" be purchasable with eternity splinters or will this be the first heroes that are unavailable for f2p players?

Technically Wiccan, Mar-Vell, Spider-Girl, Spider-Gwen, Beta Ray Bill, and Kate Bishop are all characters that f2p people don't have access to. They are different character, just with the same power sets.

Holding out for Havok 2018

Iceman ranged guide | Captain Marvel ranged guide
Havok playable character suggestion | Polaris playable character suggestion
Nocturne playable character suggestion | Apocalypse playable character suggestion

Of course they're going to raise the price. Probably back to the original 1950.
More hope Gwenpool at least.

MutatedLocation Emma always <3Posts: 1,675 Fantastic
edited July 12

Polaris for Magneto, Rachael for Jean, Red Hulk for Hulk, Clea for Dr. Strange, and Firestar for Human Torch should now happen.

Anti-HeroLocation not outside your windowPosts: 6,474 Cosmic

@ApolloSeven said:

@Baku said:

Technically Wiccan, Mar-Vell, Spider-Girl, Spider-Gwen, Beta Ray Bill, and Kate Bishop are all characters that f2p people don't have access to. They are different character, just with the same power sets.

You can get them for free...as a rare drop or from the blender.

Location Darkside of the DeathstarPosts: 2,557 Fantastic

@ApolloSeven said:

@Eagleglide said:

@Aerax said:

@ApolloSeven said:
Okay.... But why aren't they doing this for Unworthy Thor and Thor then? Just make him an enhanced costume with a few different powers?

That's what I am also curious of. I feel like it would make more sense for consistency throughout the game and they could also ask for more money in the form of the ehnaced costume pricing and people would be forced into paying Gs for it becuase there is no splinter alterantive for costumes like there is with heroes.

That's where I feel like the blender is hindering Gaz from making money off of costume innovations such as these.

In all honesty I think its because the amount of powers required to change Thor into Odinson as an enhanced is just to much.

For example he cannot control lighting...he can use it but at the risk it would cause destruction because he has no control over what happens( this would mean 2.3 of Thor's powers would need a swap already)

Then there is the fact that he might include a weapon swap mechanic...how this would work with an enhanced costume confuses me.

Back to the main topic though yes I am all for Enhanced costumes like these.

It opens up a lot of possibilities( this is my personal speculation...nothing official) for heroes that might never see the light of day.

1.Jessica Jones = Luke Cage

2.Tigra = X23

3.Polaris = Magneto

4.Red Hulk = Hulk

5.Rachel Grey = Jean Grey

6.Nocturne = Nightcrawler

7.Viv Vision = Vision

8.Bucky Cap= Captain America

So yes if or when this system is implemented it would be very awesome. :)

I'd have to argue about Nocturne and Nightcrawler. They look the same but the only powers they share is the ability to hide in he shadows and climbing on walls. Nocturne can't teleport, but she can possess others and she produces hex bolts like Scarlet Witch, except Nocturne doesn't warp reality and her powers aren't magical in nature. I have a link to a build in my signature for Nocturne. The rest I could see working, even though I'd prefer Polaris to be her own character with an entirely different set of powers, as with Rachel.

Azazel=Nightcrawler

HOLY CRAP DUMP VANILLA ALREADY!!

@Nefffczi said:
@Asros
I hope its not some evil plan where instead of putting new or enhanced powers on Omega gear as planned, you want to attach them to enhanced costumes instead :wink:

Well, in both cases power designers are going to be needed to actually design the power change. It's not impossible that some power change could have been added to omega affixes instead of the enhanced costumes but it shouldn't delay the initial wave of omega items because I assume at this point they have made some progress even if we have not received any real information about what omega affixes are really going to be about (in may they were still at the paper design stage and had not received any play test time).

What I am curious about is how omega items and super enhanced costumes are going to interact ? If an omega item affects a power that has been altered (maybe even replaced) by the costume, what would happen ?

it's probably too soon to know, even for them.