Categories

Attention Heroes! Server downtime planned for tomorrow (7/27) at 6:00 AM PDT to 9:00 AM PDT. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Stealth does not always work

Location Under your bed.Posts: 271 Amazing

@zWolfiez Heroes are not always going into stealth. When using Black Widows Covert Sniper it does not always apply stealth. Dash to stealth does not always work either, I've noticed this with Black Widow and Elektra.

Q: How many procs could a proc proc if a proc could proc procs?
A: That is entirely too much RNG!

GazillionLocation Behind the CurtainPosts: 210 Staff

Heroes should always go into stealth when using the correct power, data-wise at least. What I suspect is happening as soon as you enter stealth, some hidden power or effect is firing which is pulling you immediately out of stealth.

Looking at those powers, I can't see anything that stands out as to why the stealth effect only sometimes triggers. This is a case where gear/videos would help narrowing down the cause.

If anyone else sees the same thing, let me know and I will dig around some more.

Location 日本Posts: 953 Amazing

I agree and think the issue is that so many things we don't always observe bring us out of stealth. With Ant-Man's stealth (called "What Was That?"), I have noticed a variety of things that pull me out of stealth even though I'm still in the shrunk state.

• ants destroy a trash can or car
  • hit by hidden projectile or DoT (grows to normal size)
  • any DoT effects I applied are still active (e.g., Drone Strike)
  • something else

I started trying to figure this out when I was constantly being hunted down by mobs even though I was shrunk.

I would also like to add @zWolfiez that if you dash while stealthed as Nick Fury, it will take you out of stealth

@NoCookies said:
@zWolfiez Heroes are not always going into stealth. When using Black Widows Covert Sniper it does not always apply stealth. Dash to stealth does not always work either, I've noticed this with Black Widow and Elektra.

and when Widow DOES go into stealth it seems to just break instantly. Trying a new build with Covert Operative. It seems that when I manage to roll into stealth, it still gets instantly popped before I can even use any of those "doesn't break stealth" powers. :(

Location Under your bed.Posts: 271 Amazing

@zWolfiez After playing with stealth heroes this last week here is what I've noticed.

Invisible Woman: using a no DoT, no Tanya Love letter build stealth seemed to work reliably.
Elektra & Black Widow: using a DoT and/or Tanya Love Letter build stealth was very unreliable. Seems that DoT's and Tanya's Love Letter are messing up stealth. Had a Tanya equipped and had not even attacked a mob, and could not get stealth to work.

This might just be the DR Trainyard, it's the only map I've done with Widow lately. I was being targeted while stealthed with Black Widow, even when using Twilight Cloaking (stealthed for duration).

Q: How many procs could a proc proc if a proc could proc procs?
A: That is entirely too much RNG!

@zWolfiez said:
Heroes should always go into stealth when using the correct power, data-wise at least. What I suspect is happening as soon as you enter stealth, some hidden power or effect is firing which is pulling you immediately out of stealth.

Looking at those powers, I can't see anything that stands out as to why the stealth effect only sometimes triggers. This is a case where gear/videos would help narrowing down the cause.

If anyone else sees the same thing, let me know and I will dig around some more.

Rocket.R is burrow stealth is also broken kinda. I can tell when headhot target from my head doesnt dissapear.Before BUE when i burrow into stealth target is gone always, now it just aint happening,i stand invisible and still get headshoted by Bullseye

~(˘▾˘~) My Wish list: (~˘▾˘)~

Heroes:

War Machine
Green Goblin
Winter Soldier

Costumes:

Hawkeye Kate Bishop Costume
Emma Frost Punk Costume
Lady Loki Costume
Thor Earth X Costume
Gambit Death Enhanced Costume
X-23 X-Force Costume
Kitty Pride Excalibur Costume
Psylocke House of M Costume
Black Panther Shuri Costume

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Hero Roster 2.x