Categories

Sling Ring of Kamar-Taj Energy Damage not being added to Stats Energy Dmg. Rating

I noticed that on Storm and Human Torch the Damage Rating to Energy Powers is not being added to the Energy Dmg. Rating in Stats. Thank you.

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 9,083 Cosmic

@Tzeentch said:

@Calypie said:

@IneptAdept said:
I noticed that on Storm and Human Torch the Damage Rating to Energy Powers is not being added to the Energy Dmg. Rating in Stats. Thank you.

Hey, since the rings add damage rating to energy powers (not add energy damage rating) the stats page will not show the increase.

What are the odds of you going right into @Orren s office, say "Damn it man! Let's clean up our dmg system so that confusing things like energy dmg rating and energy power dmg don't exist together!"

I bet you he shakes your hand and says he loves your pluck. Your pluck AND gumption, and than you both have some cake together. Doesn't that sound great to you?

He could also, just respond saying he's too old for this Jean!

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant Just kidding my wallet is now closed for Gazillion. Hello, Crossout!

#WotrickBulgeMaster2015 #DiamondCapes2016 #CauliflowerHeroes2017 #RIPMH2017

R.I.P. TranzAnatomie Long live Payneshu!

@Tzeentch said:

@Calypie said:

@IneptAdept said:

Hey, since the rings add damage rating to energy powers (not add energy damage rating) the stats page will not show the increase.

What are the odds of you going right into @Orren s office, say "Damn it man! Let's clean up our dmg system so that confusing things like energy dmg rating and energy power dmg don't exist together!"

I bet you he shakes your hand and says he loves your pluck. Your pluck AND gumption, and than you both have some cake together. Doesn't that sound great to you?

I think (or at least hope) they have not recreated the same mistakes with the Console stat system/itemization. So we will have to wait and see.

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

Location Earth! Welcome!Posts: 3,001 Cosmic

@Calypie said:

@IneptAdept said:

"Let's have two versions of the same stat -- and for fun, let's make one a convoluted and untrackable mess!"

One can never tell enough stories...

Stay tuned for the second half of the series!

edited May 18

@Calypie said:

@IneptAdept said:

Adding damage rating to energy powers isn't the same as adding energy damage rating?

Do not support a company who is led by people who think harassment is acceptable behavior!

Location RetconnedPosts: 939 Amazing

@Tzeentch said:

@Calypie said:

@IneptAdept said:

Personally I'd be just be happy with at least something in the ring's name to signify what kind it is so I don't have to sift through the tons I have to find the one I do need. Sling Ring of Kamar-Taj (energy) would make my day just dandy.

True BelieverLocation Welp, I think we're done here.Posts: 1,417 Fantastic

Too. Many. Stats.

AssembledLocation Negative ZonePosts: 303 Amazing

@zonarosa said:
Too. Many. Stats.

It could be worse, it could be like consoles are getting with sword, lightning, rock, paper, scissors, earth, wind, and fire, etc.

"Susan! Protect us with your invisible force-field! Johnny, use your fire to draw them away! Ben... make two fists!" -Reed Richards

True BelieverLocation Welp, I think we're done here.Posts: 1,417 Fantastic

Did you say Firth, Wynn & Meyer?

Wait ..
Does those proocs gaing any benefits from damage rating you build? Like using that Sling ring.
If no.
since the only way to deal energy damage is using energy damage skills, why that energy damage for energy powers isn't applied to the energy damage rating overall??
If the answer to the first question is yes, the second is already answered.

The Hammer of fixing! Is she really worthy?!

Fearless LeaderLocation Middle EarthPosts: 1,825 Fantastic
edited May 22

Are we talking about giving us a clean UI/stat display?! efficiency?!

Have too much dmg type crit rating?!

"MINDBLOWN"

AGE OF APUNKALYPSE Signature by RaiseTheGrave

Join The Mavericks today!

R.I.P summoners in Marvel Heroes.

@Calypie said:

@IneptAdept said:

(Necro)

• The Melee and Ranged versions of the Sling Ring do add to their respective damage ratings in the stats sheet.
  • Physical/Energy/Mental versions of the Sling Ring do not add to their respective ratings in the stats sheet, but do increase the damage of powers that inflict their damage type.

• Summons only inherit typed damage ratings, and thus do not benefit from the damage rating bonuses from Sling Rings.
  • Wrath of Muspelheim (Rogue) inflicts both Energy and Mental damage; a single Sling Ring (either Energy or Mental) increases both types of damage.

Conclusion: The three damage types also exist as implicit keywords on powers.

• Wrath of Muspelheim inflicts both Energy and Mental damage, and the power itself is implicitly (invisibly) tagged as both Energy and Mental, hence why a Sling Ring buffing only Energy Powers can still increase both types of damage, because both types of damage exist within the overall power tagged as Energy.
  • Increasing "Energy Damage Rating" (the damage type as listed in the stats sheet) increases only the Energy damage portion of Wrath of Muspelheim.

Note: The confusion only stems from the manner in which stats are conveyed. Utilising both damage types and power keywords as separate system mechanics offers greater flexibility in build design and itemisation; I still contend that the removal of damage types in the console version and upcoming PC Omega Patch is a bad decision.