Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers will be unavailable on 9/21 at 6 AM PDT for server maintenance. Downtime is expected to last up to 5 hours.

[Suggestions] UI Changes for 2017

Location Out farming a COSMIC Kool-Aid Man Was Right T-shirtPosts: 1,878 Fantastic

@Yin said:

@KidWithKnife said:
A reply key for chat, to quickly message the last person to /whisper you.

/r

That's cool, but what I mean is a key for it. It's a pretty standard feature for MMOs these days. Your chat is closed, you hit the key and it opens your chat bar and automatically puts "/whisper whoever" on the bar, ready to go with a single keystroke.

edited December 2016

Yeah I still reflexively press R to reply to Whispers.

I thought of another one merging some of the menus into one.
Like Achievements and Leaderboard into tabs for the Quest menu (since we're losing log in rewards soon seems like a good time to move them).
I'd much rather have all that kind of stuff in one place and free up some button space, hell the News panel can probably be merged with it too or merged with the Store tab.

Yin
Yin
CovertLocation On a date with Lady DeadpoolPosts: 6,796 Cosmic
edited January 16

@KomoriMan @Asros

Sorry if i harp on this, but I know if these things bother me then it must others too.
Trying to improve game

Location Puttering along on my bike.Posts: 147 Incredible

what I want for Christmas:

Since I have some actions bound to the Left and Right Shift keys it would be nice if when I'm typing a message these skills/abilities/actions would not activate.

You must Adjust

Weapon-XPosts: 1,172 Fantastic

Give me all of these things please. :D

Phoenix PoweredPosts: 941 Amazing

Please add numeric indicators for enemy health beside their health bars, so that especially for bosses etc we can actually see how much the numbers are dropping (or not) even if the bar seems static or wrong.

Yin
Yin

Maybe the fact that in TC there is a bug that the indicators are staying even when items and bosses are onscreen means that there is a fix for these at least coming.

Or it could mean it ships this way and the game is rekt

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/306966/off-screen-boss-indicators-totally-screw-up-melee-characters-from-attacking-when-boss-is-on-screen#latest

Location The Dark Side of the MoonPosts: 435 Amazing

-wish there was a way to lock the minimap in our screen on the top right corner,each time i use a portal or go into a building i have to zoom all the way out,would be cool if it was locked permanently.

Yin
Yin

I have a feeling after things settle down with the Big Patch and bug fixes, etc...that they will be working on UI.

They are trying to make the game simpler for console. So a clean and optimizable UI would fit this equation.

Yin
Yin

Actually, if I Toggle UI off it solves a lot of my gripes :)

Yin
Yin

Bumping this for more feedback

Allow for a bigger UI at higher resolutions. Add 4K resolution.

Yin
Yin

@KomoriMan @Asros @TheArtofRawr

I made a new video to show these UI issues and maybe some ideas to change them.
Thanks

@Kitanyah said:
Debuff Tracker with Icons underneath the Boss Health-Bar and Buff Tracker with Icons above your Power-Bar (with the option to move it)

I know its not technically what you want but I guess it's better than nothing - https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/305532/marvel-heroes-buff-display-application

Location NYCPosts: 26 Mighty

I would like the option to deselect all in game 'game' messages and dialog boxes or enemy dialog boxes which obscure an already cluttered view.

Not interested in Shield agent subtitles, in game prompts, pop ups, pop downs or any dialogs to 'go do something or other'. Allow me to choose. The inability to remove them from my gameplay is fascist and authoritarian. I wish to play 'my' game not 'the games' game. Anything that obscures my view sucks. Who thought all this tripe was a 'good thing'? I absolutely HATE all this stuff.

The UI is like the in-game currency it needs to be consolidated and uncluttered. In-game mechanics should all have visual references. All powers should show cool-downs, dot timers etc.
Minimap mechanics should always be available to all heroes, not as part of a heroes gearing kit. So many fails with the UI...

BUE sans a comprehensive UI update seems bizarre to me.

I absolutely dont care about any of these Visual Updates at all, at all...
So much effort wasted in the wrong direction away from the areas which would enhance enjoyment, immersion and fun.

R.I.P. Sinisters Lab... the best space in the game.

Yin
Yin

I only have 18 views on my video I posted in the OP.
I thought maybe more devs or any devs might want to at least skim through it. I doubt any have.
The 18 are probably just players here and it also counts when I viewed. 19 now

I'll bring it to the attention of @GazFirefly again :)

True BelieverPosts: 78 Mighty

@Yin said:
I thought maybe more devs or any devs might want to at least skim through it. I doubt any have.

If you want more people to look at it for what you consider issues, give time stamps. Time is precious

Yin
Yin

@Rakku said:

@Yin said:

If you want more people to look at it for what you consider issues, give time stamps. Time is precious

How would they even know if there were time stamps if they didn't click on the video?