Categories

Luke Cage - Makes me think I have peanut butter between my keys.

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 9,084 Cosmic

I tried some different builds and come to find out, my keyboard is fine, but many of Luke's powers won't fire off when you press the button, at least, that's how it feels.

Here are the powers and talents I am using. Please take a look at all summon powers, summons, Cage was here (with talent on), and the car/concrete throwing powers with the talent on.

I swear I have to stop everything to get a power to fire off successfully.

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant Just kidding my wallet is now closed for Gazillion. Hello, Crossout!

#WotrickBulgeMaster2015 #DiamondCapes2016 #CauliflowerHeroes2017 #RIPMH2017

R.I.P. TranzAnatomie Long live Payneshu!

@zWolfiez any insight on this?

My #1 Request: Soldier Supreme Hero Variant Just kidding my wallet is now closed for Gazillion. Hello, Crossout!

@zWolfiez @KomoriMan Any thoughts on why several Luke Cage powers won't cleanly fire or queue in a predictable way?

I literally have to stop everything to fire "Luke Cage was here." That one is a charge up, but if I use the talent I shouldn't have to hold the power to get it to fire. Luke is really rough to play. You have to be very slow to make many of his powers fire predictably.

@zWolfiez said:
I've actually been messing around with this a bit...it took a while to figure out why it was being so sticky. However, I believe I've solved at least some of the issues. I don't know exactly when our next patch will be going on, but those changes (and many others) should be on test center leading up to that.

I encourage you to look at them when its available and let me know if my changes actually made an impact. In all honesty, I am not nearly as good/precise as a lot of our players, so what feels good to me might not feel good to those with better rotation management.

That's awesome! Thanks for taking a look and at least giving it a try :)

I will let you know as soon as I get a chance at the changes.

@zWolfiez said:
I've actually been messing around with this a bit...it took a while to figure out why it was being so sticky. However, I believe I've solved at least some of the issues. I don't know exactly when our next patch will be going on, but those changes (and many others) should be on test center leading up to that.

I encourage you to look at them when its available and let me know if my changes actually made an impact. In all honesty, I am not nearly as good/precise as a lot of our players, so what feels good to me might not feel good to those with better rotation management.

Can also something be done about his extremly small hitboxes ? Before BUE it was mostly
a problem that finishers didn't fire up .. now it seems especially Dempsey Roll so often
just hits nothing.

In the end for me i now always tell people :
Cage CAN do good damage .. theoretically .. when he hits. Problem is he mostly doesn't hit :neutral:

Location UndisclosedPosts: 193 Incredible

@Beldin2 said:
Can also something be done about his extremly small hitboxes ? Before BUE it was mostly
a problem that finishers didn't fire up .. now it seems especially Dempsey Roll so often
just hits nothing.

It feels like it's not even just Luke Cage. I'm pretty sure I felt this same thing on some melee heroes, e.g Juggernaut.

@InfernalRage said:

@Beldin2 said:
just hits nothing.

It feels like it's not even just Luke Cage. I'm pretty sure I felt this same thing on some melee heroes, e.g Juggernaut.

Yeah .. i simply can't play Juggernaut since i have the feeling that Sunday Puch only deals
noticeable damage on me in 1 of 20 hits or so. A friend says he has no problems but for
me it just doesn't work at all.

GazillionLocation Behind the CurtainPosts: 246 Staff

@Beldin2 - Random thought...are you playing on controller while your friend uses mouse and keyboard, or vice versa? There have been a number of reports of powers not working as well using one input or the other, so that might be the case here.

When it comes to usability of a power, if some people say its hard to use while others say it works just fine, it's really hard to pinpoint where the issue lies. As I said above, what feels good for me might feel clunky to someone else. Videos would help with this, so that we can try and replicate your situation which usually leads to the AHA! moment.

I was and am always on a mouse/keyboard by the way.

edited May 18

Generally i don't have any kind of issues but this moved my curiosity.You know, maybe it's there but i haven't noticed it. So, I did extensive testing (almost for the entire day and with multiple heroes) and i didn't have any issues, everything works and feels great. No problem with hitboxes either. I play with KB/Mouse of course.

Check your connection, lag can create a "sticky" feeling or a delay in power execution.Check your input devices etc. check your software, check everything on your end. If nothing helps, do a fresh installation.

If it was a problem of the game, everyone would have been complaining about it, it's not something that's hard to spot.

I was having this issue with Elektra earlier today. In one case I hit the key 3 times before the power finally worked. Then it was fine. Not sure, I was assuming it was just the connection.

edited May 19

@zWolfiez said:
@Beldin2 - Random thought...are you playing on controller while your friend uses mouse and keyboard, or vice versa? There have been a number of reports of powers not working as well using one input or the other, so that might be the case here.

When it comes to usability of a power, if some people say its hard to use while others say it works just fine, it's really hard to pinpoint where the issue lies. As I said above, what feels good for me might feel clunky to someone else. Videos would help with this, so that we can try and replicate your situation which usually leads to the AHA! moment.

No .. i play just normally with keyboard an mouse on a PC.

Just mouseover a skill like Dempsey Roll and you already see how small the hitbox is and
if the mob just moves a little bit it goes into nothing, or even your own skill let you move
a lttle bit and you don't 100% face the mob.

Lag may of course be a problem since i play from Germany and mostly have a ping around
200ms.

While we're at the topic of clunkyness in Luke's power, Elbow Drop doesn't generate combo points, but still goes on cooldown when Luke is interruped or knocked back mid-animation, as far as I understood, it, like all airborne powers, should grand cc immunity during it's execution.

Goodbye...

@zWolfiez said:
I can look into this further, but I suspect the cause is indeed lag. Even with average-good ping, you can still experience short spikes. We are also working to reduce graphic intensity of effects to help further alleviate the lag feel.

@Kuroouji - That is most likely just an oversight that I can fix.

Bigger hitboxes however would help .. other heroes simply don't have those problems
because they have maybe a 60 degree cone with 2 meter range while Cage has maybe
a 15 degree cone with 0.3 meter range.

Location Wandering in the eerie streets of Stratholme.Posts: 3,766 Cosmic

@Kuroouji said:
While we're at the topic of clunkyness in Luke's power, Elbow Drop doesn't generate combo points, but still goes on cooldown when Luke is interruped or knocked back mid-animation, as far as I understood, it, like all airborne powers, should grand cc immunity during it's execution.

This happens with every resource generating power or CDs in general.

Get interrupted while using a power will put them on CD and nothing will happen.

And since even trash cans in this game have CCs this is fairly easy to happen.