Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are up and running. Thank you for your patience.

Still no sales?

Fearless LeaderPosts: 6,314 Cosmic

@Shorlon said:
They point is, I'm old enough to know that this isn't an investment. I'm paying money and enjoying my game. If the game shuts down tomorrow, well, I had a ton of fun and great memories.

Bless you for a sane statement. Not enough of those around here these days.

Location drug dealin' just to get byPosts: 1,172 Fantastic

wasn't there a bonus G sale like, last week?

I admit, it is surprising that they did not put up a 50% off sale today to keep PC players minds off the PS4 beta tomorrow especially since it has been 5 months since the last 50% costume sale and I thought that the Kings Bounty also had a 50% sale to get you to spend your tax return money.

Because of people being able to get 90% off coupons. Pretty clear why the only sales are discounts on G's now...

@DarknessMuta said:
I admit, it is surprising that they did not put up a 50% off sale today to keep PC players minds off the PS4 beta tomorrow especially since it has been 5 months since the last 50% costume sale and I thought that the Kings Bounty also had a 50% sale to get you to spend your tax return money.

We also have GoTG2 coming up so they could be saving their sales for that.

@vthree said:

@DarknessMuta said:

Problem with that it will be like most of the film related ones and be 25% off and exclude all the new items.

@DarknessMuta said:

@vthree said:

@DarknessMuta said:

Problem with that it will be like most of the film related ones and be 25% off and exclude all the new items.

Sales has always excluded the new items tho. Hopefully we get something bigger for GoTG.

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,257 Staff

@HuntGod said:
Going on 2 weeks...I know you guys are busy with "other" stuff, but I can't recall the last time we went two weeks with no incentive sale. I appreciate the G sale but would love to see a CARD sale, BOGO, something...

@komoriman

I believe we had a G sale recently but I pinged our sales guy about another sale.

@Shorlon said:

@VastExpanse said:

@Shorlon said:

@VastExpanse said:
Im sorry but what good is a sale at this point? I dont know how anyone could support them in good faith when we have been shown none.

Fool me once shame on you....fool me twice, oh wait not happening.

I support them as I don't feel I've been slighted in any way. So, yeah, please give a sale I have money to spend

Well ok. I dont know what Gaz would have to do to lose your support. I dont claim to understand this thought process but I respect your commitment no matter how misguided I think it is.

I mean, they've done things that I haven't been happy with, but nothing to make me feel so upset I bash the game. I still have fun, I still have things I haven't done (with almost 3k hours in no less) and I still enjoy my time.

To lose my support, they would have to completely stop pc support or literally come out and say we are in maintenance mode and console is it. I don't buy into conspiracy theories, and I am a patient person. I can wait to see their vision through and keep doing what I'm doing now. If I get bored, I have other games I play. And that keeps me sane.

I also don't feel slighted because after thousands of hours and dollars spent, I feel I got my money's worth. I bought things i used and still do use (though I accidentally blended my MK Earth X and tasky Udon costumes I paid money for.... But I digress.) They point is, I'm old enough to know that this isn't an investment. I'm paying money and enjoying my game. If the game shuts down tomorrow, well, I had a ton of fun and great memories.

Maybe it's because I've been a game Dev (not quite on this scale) and realize what it's like to want to take something and make your vision and be berated because of it. Maybe I believe them and want to see them succeed because I know what is like.

Or maybe, just maybe, I really want to buy all of Rocket's, star Lord's, mk, tasky and a few other costumes cause I like them.

This guy understands

@KomoriMan said:

@HuntGod said:
Going on 2 weeks...I know you guys are busy with "other" stuff, but I can't recall the last time we went two weeks with no incentive sale. I appreciate the G sale but would love to see a CARD sale, BOGO, something...

@komoriman

I believe we had a G sale recently but I pinged our sales guy about another sale.

stash sale maybe, been years :)

True BelieverPosts: 332 Amazing

@KomoriMan said:

@HuntGod said:

@komoriman

When is the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 stuff hitting the store?

Location EuropePosts: 719 Amazing

@KomoriMan said:

@HuntGod said:

@komoriman

Remind him not to forget about Steam, the GotG2 release would be a perfect time to discount the GotG DLC there!

I've been waiting since September to buy it. All through Christmas with zero discount too. The Steam DLCs used to go 50% off every once in a while, too.

Maybe even a big discount like the Civil War DLC got that one time. Was that successful in bringing money and new players? I know it brought me and my wallet ;)

Thanks @KomoriMan !

@TheCipe said:

@KomoriMan said:

@HuntGod said:

@komoriman

Should be the May 4 or 5 patch depending on if they hold the patch till that Friday or release it on the usual Thursday (a day before the film is out in the US).

@DarknessMuta said:

@TheCipe said:

@KomoriMan said:

@HuntGod said:

@komoriman

Should be the May 4 or 5 patch depending on if they hold the patch till that Friday or release it on the usual Thursday (a day before the film is out in the US).

Actually for the previous April schedule (before the king's county reschedule), we had armor slated for 4/20-4/27 and GotG2 starting on 27th. So it is possible we get GotG2 stuff on 27th.

Location Symbiote HivemindPosts: 551 Amazing
edited April 21

I don't like Bogo that much, I prefer to know exactly what I'm getting. 99% of the time I buy things when it goes on sale. I had the AoU and GotG packs on my wishlist for about a year before they each separately got a discount on Steam, and I missed out on that Civil War one unfortunately but if that sale came back I would most certainly buy it. But I'm guessing Valve takes a teeeny portion of the profit.
Does anybody know if the majority of the player base play Marvel Heroes on Steam or through Gaz's client thingie?

Location Behind you...Posts: 6,313 Cosmic

@DJmouse said:
Does anybody know if the majority of the player base play Marvel Heroes on Steam or through Gaz's client thingie?

There are about 87,942 threads debating that question...

edited April 21

@vthree said:

@DarknessMuta said:

@TheCipe said:

@KomoriMan said:

@HuntGod said:

@komoriman

Actually for the previous April schedule (before the king's county reschedule), we had armor slated for 4/20-4/27 and GotG2 starting on 27th. So it is possible we get GotG2 stuff on 27th.

I do not remember it saying GotG Vol 2 on the 27th just that it was TBD. Either way it does not seem we are getting Gamora playable even though it seems like they rerecorded some of her voice work recently going by the team up but maybe they will surprise us still and that would also hopefully silence some of the naysayers if we do get her as a playable hero in 2 weeks.

Usually they always wait for the US film releases so it would be odd though to do it on the 27th with the international release of the film as free comic book day is May 6 which they usually have a giveaway tied to for that particular featured film.

Location Retired SuperheroPosts: 820 Amazing
edited April 21

@DJmouse said:
I don't like Bogo that much, I prefer to know exactly what I'm getting. 99% of the time I buy things when it goes on sale. I had the AoU and GotG packs on my wishlist for about a year before they each separately got a discount on Steam, and I missed out on that Civil War one unfortunately but if that sale came back I would most certainly buy it. But I'm guessing Valve takes a teeeny portion of the profit.

Contrary to what Gazillion tries to make you believe that there are players ALL OVER the place, based on THEIR OWN infographic they recently released 80% of players play through Steam. So the 1000 concurrent players you see on steam on daily basis, add 20% to that and you've got a rough estimate of total concurrent players day to day.