Categories

Attention Heroes! We will be having a server downtime tomorrow (6/28) at 2:00PM PDT. Servers are expected to be down for 3 hours for a game update. Thank you for your understanding.
The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online with game update 2.11, and the Anniversary event continues!
«1

How long until console forums are up?

Posts: 282 Amazing

I realize there's no place to post console info but here in the PC forums right now, but how long until those are up? I feel like this forum isn't going to chill out until that stuff can be put in it's own place, so I'm hoping soon. please?

Plus I don't own consoles and reading about the cool stuff they're getting makes me a sad panda

Posts: 1,401 Fantastic

Be careful, I mentioned this in the QA thread and got bashed for it :)

Posts: 605 Amazing

Im looking foward to the console forums mainly so console has their own place to complain about lack of content and communication when the time comes. Some console players already started complaining about ppl complaining. These ppl need a real reason to complain. :neutral:

Thy tuk r forums!!! Thy tuk r game!!! Thy tuk r Symbiote costumes!!!

Location CEO of GazallionPosts: 6,177 Cosmic

Must Not Make Is It Up Yet Joke..

True BelieverPosts: 702 Amazing

@AgentVapor will console forums have proper dev tracker and dev post indicators? o:)

AssembledPosts: 626 Amazing

@AgentVapor said:
Currently our console forums are in the final stages, and we hope to have them live tomorrow shortly after the North American launch of Closed Beta.

That said, if any issues arise in the next day that prevent us from opening the new forums, we will be opening a Closed Beta section here on these forums tomorrow to give folks the opportunity to post feedback, bug reports, and discuss the console version of the game until the console forums are ready for prime time.

Does this mean all console discussion will be limited to this special forum. I hope so, because frankly, I'm too deeply invested in this game to give everything up and port to a console... and just hearing how much better the graphics are and how the game "was meant for the larger screen" just irritates me.

I want to know what your small team is doing for ME. (And I'm equally sure that people who want to play on console want to hear about what you're doing for THEM and not me.)

Posts: 4,369 Staff

@Chima said:
@AgentVapor will console forums have proper dev tracker and dev post indicators? o:)

Not at the moment - the developer tracker is pretty similar to the one here currently - though these features are still near the top of my list for future forum improvements.

@AncientSpirit said:
Does this mean all console discussion will be limited to this special forum. I hope so, because frankly, I'm too deeply invested in this game to give everything up and port to a console... and just hearing how much better the graphics are and how the game "was meant for the larger screen" just irritates me.

I want to know what your small team is doing for ME. (And I'm equally sure that people who want to play on console want to hear about what you're doing for THEM and not me.)

Yes, when the new forums are online (or when the new section is created here on these forums tomorrow if the console forums are not ready by tomorrow afternoon) all console related discussion will be directed to the new forums.

Location PSN ID: BropolloCreed79Posts: 1,861 Fantastic

@AgentVapor said:
Yes, when the new forums are online (or when the new section is created here on these forums tomorrow if the console forums are not ready by tomorrow afternoon) all console related discussion will be directed to the new forums.

Good, I'll take my ball and go there. I kid, I kid! I'll always be part of the OG Community.

Posts: 2,944 Cosmic

@AgentVapor said:
all console related discussion will be directed to the new forums.

Are you sure about that ? I mean, you have already said (or was it @AgentFenixion) that clearly you were going to moderate the Console forum to catch pc player that would try to sneak up to the console forum just to mess around (basicly). But if you are moving those post to the console forum and then moderating the user in question, isn't that the same as asking people to not talk about console at all ?

I mean, I get that you won't moderate on sight any negative post, but I kinda feel that for the sake of the console forum, even the moderate one would be problematic (if all they see at first are threads about the console port from the PC players's POV ...)

Posts: 23 Mighty

Joined this site so I can post in the console forums. Can't wait to buy all the X-MEN!

True BelieverPosts: 3,369 Cosmic

@SneakyErvin said:
Really hope those forums are implemented soon. Should have gone live with the annoucement imo to remove alot of the console question "spam" on the PC forum. Will Gaz ever learn to plan accordingly?

I dunno, these days it seems we either get the 0% plan or the 100% plan. Either way, we still don't know the plan.

Posts: 400 Amazing

@AgentVapor said:
Currently our console forums are in the final stages, and we hope to have them live tomorrow shortly after the North American launch of Closed Beta.

That said, if any issues arise in the next day that prevent us from opening the new forums, we will be opening a Closed Beta section here on these forums tomorrow to give folks the opportunity to post feedback, bug reports, and discuss the console version of the game until the console forums are ready for prime time.

your new girlfriend is going to live with us? :o

Location PSN ID: BropolloCreed79Posts: 1,861 Fantastic

@SneakyErvin said:
Really hope those forums are implemented soon. Should have gone live with the annoucement imo to remove alot of the console question "spam" on the PC forum. Will Gaz ever learn to plan accordingly?

Far less "console spam" than angry posts.

You do have a point though, there are innumerable threads opened with questions that could be answered by reading first post the Console Q & A thread with a basic understanding of reading comprehension.

Honestly, though, the idea of "separate but equal" forums just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I understand it if the PC/Console versions are going to be fundamentally different, but until I jump in the beta, I just won't know.

True BelieverPosts: 158 Incredible

Not soon enough.

Posts: 1 New Agent
edited April 21

I think ppl should stay more optimistic if gaz gets money from console(and they will) that's more money they can use to make more content for the game overall. Seems win win to me

Location Wandering the left hand pathPosts: 4,385 Cosmic

@RicanDevil7 said:
I think ppl should stay more optimistic if gaz gets money from console(and they will) that's more money they can use to make more content for the game overall. Seems win win to me

Sadly console will probably not bring in that much more money, so the consolers will be where we are now in a few years. The only difference is it wont be sadness/anger over delayed content due to a console port, it will just be the end.

We were here at the start of 2015 thinking "dis gone be guud!" due to the marvels of 2014 and all rewards. Well, 2015 went by with little content and a deadpool review delayed beyond reason. We got DR and then early 2016 ch10 and the DP update. Then 2016 proceeded kinda like 2015, in a kinda Trash Panda! contentless state, with a terminal added and not much else. The year concluded with the BUE announcement which was great. Now here we sit, 2017 and still waiting on something to do, but now we also need to wait for the console port to get finished. Then maybe, just maybe, we'll see something added, reworked or further built on.

Location Behind you...Posts: 6,616 Cosmic

You could just change the name of the PC Forums to Console Forums and then when you get the console forums up, change those to PC forums...gotta keep your priorities straight and I am feeling super passive aggressive today :#

Location CarebearlandPosts: 166 Incredible

Stop the xenophoby right now, console players are not terrorists, theyre good people like us

Who needs a console forum, lets embrace them here on the PC forums foreveeeeer

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.