Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! A 50% Experience Bonus will be active until 11:59 PM (PDT) tomorrow (8/11) to help make up for the unexpected downtime. Thank you for your patience.

Import partial save data From PC to Console

edited April 20

Hi,
So I also want to play the PS4 version of Marvel Heroes but I read somewhere that transfer / import the save from PC to console is not planned at launch.
I can understand that it's hard to program and transfer all items (with hundreds of affixes..), trophy..etc that have different coding in PC/ PS4.
But woud it be possible to transfer at least a few critical save data that should please a lot of players :
1- Infinity Experience
2- Heroes and team up-unlocked with their levels.
3- Currency (splinters, commendations,odin marks, Gs...)

I think if you take the time to do this "partial save transfer", it should greatly help and please a lot of players who spent hundreds (thousand ?) of hours playing this game on PC and don't want to start from zero on console.
You can notice that two of these points are just numerical (integers) values : it should be easy to implement.

Also do you plan to support save transfer later ?
Thanks

"I've never really had a problem with being different" Billy Kaplan

True BelieverPosts: 3,395 Cosmic

They've been pretty clear that it is not going to happen. Now, they have reversed course before on some things before, (sometimes several times) but I would not expect to see any kind of transfer ever.

Look on the bright side, it will be a better and bigger game and community on console!

edited April 20

Oh boy another transfer thread..

If the players don't want to start fresh on console, let's think about it..

Hmmm..

Try not playing on console..

Plus if you're gonna play with friends on console isn't it better to start fresh with everyone else?

True BelieverPosts: 3,395 Cosmic

@HekksBowl said:
Plus if you're gonna play with friends on console isn't it better to start fresh with everyone else?

I think it's mostly an issue for a lot of people in that they have to re-buy everything. With that being the case, I understand why people are..."disappointed ".

The console version is not for the old stagnant PC group that only complains, it's for a new audience on that platform that may not have ever played the game before. They want all console players on the same footing so allowing transfers to show off your 4 years of PC gameplay would not work plus as they have already shown not everything that is in the PC version will appear in the console version right away so a transfer would not work anyways.

edited April 20

@ConsoleRulz said:
Look on the bright side, it will be a better and bigger game and community on console!

I am afraid this person is what we in the UK call a wind up merchant...I mean why would you join a forum and an hour later post a derogatory comment about the community you just joined?
To wind people up that's why...Nice try though :D

@Blev said:

@HekksBowl said:

I think it's mostly an issue for a lot of people in that they have to re-buy everything. With that being the case, I understand why people are..."disappointed ".

I understand how they feel but in the end it's a separate game..
I've only bought like 2 costumes, 2 stashes, the iron fist pack and civil war pack so I'm not at a great "loss"..
But it's not like Gaz is telling them that they need to pay to play the console version..
Play the game without paying, if you miss your costumes and stuff, fire up the good old pc :D

Location Behind you...Posts: 6,886 Cosmic

Want or not, this is more a Sony thing than a Gaz thing, if Gaz wants transfers they have to compensate Sony, significantly, some companies have made that choice, most did not. There is also the possibility that the VC infusion they got last April, had language that prohibited account transfers as well, those guys want to make their investment and interest after all.

I can also promise you that all of those contracts contain NDA language that prohibits them from referencing that information.

Location In a pic-a-nic basketPosts: 708 Amazing

@Rasetsu said:
It's not that it is not planned at launch. It is not planned at all.

They don't want PC players to move to the console, they want to create a new community on the console because the PC version doesn't make enough money.

And once again, I wonder why :|

@ConsoleRulz said:

@okamibrest said:
Hi,
So I also want to play the PS4 version of Marvel Heroes but I read somewhere that transfer / import the save from PC to console is not planned at launch.
I can understand that it's hard to program and transfer all items (with hundreds of affixes..), trophy..etc that have different coding in PC/ PS4.
But woud it be possible to transfer at least a few critical save data that should please a lot of players :
1- Infinity Experience
2- Heroes and team up-unlocked with their levels.
3- Currency (splinters, commendations,odin marks, Gs...)

I think if you take the time to do this "partial save transfer", it should greatly help and please a lot of players who spent hundreds (thousand ?) of hours playing this game on PC and don't want to start from zero on console.
You can notice that two of these points are just numerical (integers) values : it should be easy to implement.

Also do you plan to support save transfer later ?
Thanks

I think they should give the character, stash space, currency (gold/splinters/merits/etc) and costumes you have. But all progress and inventory is from scratch.

Losing time is no big deal. Everyone is starting from scratch. However, you shouldn't have to pay hundreds of dollars again for the same items.

This should have released for PS4 several years ago. This late into it, Gaz should show some mercy on its supporters that have kept them going all these years with a game that has been pretty buggy

Time is more valuable with money. I spent about $1200 bucks in this game in a span of 3 months. I would rather keep my progress, than the cosmetics I bought as most of that money went to boosts.

@PumpkinSpice said:
You have a better chance of Asros coming to your house to give you a lap dance.

Wait, how did you find out about this? The first rule of dance club is you dont talk about dance club!

Location In a pic-a-nic basketPosts: 708 Amazing

@Rasetsu said:

@HeyBooBoo said:

@Rasetsu said:
It's not that it is not planned at launch. It is not planned at all.

They don't want PC players to move to the console, they want to create a new community on the console because the PC version doesn't make enough money.

And once again, I wonder why :|

It was the subject of this thread : https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/319449/we-hold-our-own-fate-in-our-hands-pc-plea-and-also-an-edit/p1

My answer has not really changed :

@Rasetsu said:
For us to buy G they should release things that we want to buy with those G.

I currently have 10K G in stock, I have no real Idea about what I am going to do with it. I don't regret buying those (I kinda have played 3500 hours) but I am not going to buy more just for the sake of it.

You could say "that's because they have one of the worse loot hunt I have ever seen in any A-RPG aiming for any kind of success" or "that's because of the lack of content" etc. But those are more reasons why we don't play as much as before, not why we don't spend enough on the game. (I admit, the two are not completely unrelated, if you don't play you won't spend. But fixing the "why we don't play" won't necessarily fix the "why we don't spend").

I agree with you logic. However, what could possibly be added to inspire me to buy G's, besides heroes and costumes? I don't know an answer to that question.

At the same time, perhaps this can relate to some people, my trust in Gaz is minuscule. It's almost non-existent. Even if they add something cool for me to buy, I don't know if I can because of the trust issues.