Categories

Marvel Heroes Omega Console Q&A. [Updated!]

Location TexasPosts: 38 Mighty
edited April 20

@JamesBarnes said:

@NeptunePirate said:

Dang, no chat? I asked a developer on Twitter and he said that the HUBs would act just as they do on PC, I assumed that meant the chat as well. I didn't think that one through. It'll be weird to see everyone running around, but no way to communicate. :(

No text chat for now

I'm not sure how other MMO type games on console handle text chatting?

Most have a chat box like normal MMOs. The ones I play, APB, Neverwinter, STO, they all have chat. At least its something coming later on.

Wanted Heroes
* Hellcat
* Hercules
* Morbius

Location Probably at workPosts: 137 Incredible

I played FFXIV for years...most of my friends use external keyboard, but i personally use the controller, I got used to it, sure im a little slower in typing but I do it just fine.

Posts: 172 Incredible

@JamesBarnes said:
I'm not sure how other MMO type games on console handle text chatting?

FFXIV has standard chat I guess.

I never played D3 online, but I'm guessing it only has the built-in voice chat of the PS4, so I imagine that'll work for MHO.

Posts: 208 Amazing

Prices for G packs (in-game currency) in euros

500 G - 4.49

1000 G - 8.99

2100 G - 17.99

5000 G - 44.99

11500 G - 89.99

Posts: 208 Amazing

@JamesBarnes said:

@NeptunePirate said:

Dang, no chat? I asked a developer on Twitter and he said that the HUBs would act just as they do on PC, I assumed that meant the chat as well. I didn't think that one through. It'll be weird to see everyone running around, but no way to communicate. :(

No text chat for now

I'm not sure how other MMO type games on console handle text chatting?

Team-ups coming later... A pity...

ShellheadPosts: 177 Incredible

@AlecTheLad said:

@Theonerayman said:
I honestly don't remember that pack, not even a little. I also don't remember a pack with Jean and Cyc in it. I bought Cyc separate and then got Jean for free because of some kind of mishap that happened (it's been awhile back)

No worries. I purchased it specifically because it net me the most X-Men right from the start. Only one I didn't have was Cable. Gambit and Emma were post launch.

Changed my avatar for the brief moment so that you don't think I'm blowing hot air, haha. To be fair I don't remember most of the packs. The store has all of them though.

Yeah after I posted the second time I found the old wiki. There was 2 packs in there that I straight up didn't remember and probably would have bought. The Xmen being one of them, but I bought Xforce because I didn't see the Uncanny one. The crazy things that you look back on and forgot.

Posts: 1,445 Fantastic

@MercwithMouth82 said:
Team-ups coming later... A pity...

A pity they aren't there yet or a pity they are coming at all? :)

Posts: 208 Amazing
edited April 20

Founders packs no purchasable.

War Machine exclusive to PS Plus but still costing money:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/spiel/marvel-heroes-omega-war-machine-founder's-pack/cid=EP0288-CUSA07329_00-WMFNDRBE00000000

16.99 eur

Hope this is a mistake.

Download size is a 12 ish GB.

Location In a treePosts: 25 Mighty
edited April 20

I'm really excite to play Squirrel Girl, Hawkeye and Nova, though I guess I'll have to wait for the full game. I'll probably go with the Deadpool FP as he was on the GLA for a spell with SG.

Posts: 1,445 Fantastic
edited April 20

@MercwithMouth82 said:
Founders packs no purchasable.

War Machine exclusive to PS Plus but still costing money:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/spiel/marvel-heroes-omega-war-machine-founder's-pack/cid=EP0288-CUSA07329_00-WMFNDRBE00000000

16.99 eur

Hope this is a mistake.

Maybe @KomoriMan had the wrong info? Pretty big discrepancy if so.

  • War Machine is a PS+ Exclusive. If you are a PS+ member, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free.

Or maybe it only shows for free after you have bought a founder pack? That would prevent the little loophole I was asking about upthread.

Location TexasPosts: 38 Mighty

Is there anything like an exclusive title for people that get Founders Packs? To show off in game? :P

Wanted Heroes
* Hellcat
* Hercules
* Morbius

Super-SoldierPosts: 1,242 Fantastic
edited April 20

@MercwithMouth82 said:
Founders packs no purchasable.

War Machine exclusive to PS Plus but still costing money:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/spiel/marvel-heroes-omega-war-machine-founder's-pack/cid=EP0288-CUSA07329_00-WMFNDRBE00000000

16.99 eur

Hope this is a mistake.

Download size is a 12 ish GB.

No, that is right. He never said he was free, just exclusive to PS Plus members as in they are the only one who can buy his pack.

Posts: 6 New Agent

what time are these packs going up on sale utc? est? gmt? other time zone any one know?

Posts: 1,445 Fantastic
edited April 20

@DeadpoolTheFirstAvenger said:

@MercwithMouth82 said:
Founders packs no purchasable.

War Machine exclusive to PS Plus but still costing money:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/spiel/marvel-heroes-omega-war-machine-founder's-pack/cid=EP0288-CUSA07329_00-WMFNDRBE00000000

16.99 eur

Hope this is a mistake.

Download size is a 12 ish GB.

No, that is right. He never said he was free, just exclusive to PS Plus members as in they are the only one who can buy his pack.

read his post again

  • War Machine is a PS+ Exclusive. If you are a PS+ member, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free.

As I already mentioned, perhaps its only free if you already own a founders pack, to prevent people from getting into the closed beta without buying anything.

Posts: 28 Mighty

I find it Hilarious that symbiote spiderman is basically ah timed exclusive and max $20

Super-SoldierPosts: 1,242 Fantastic

@Airoc said:

@DeadpoolTheFirstAvenger said:

@MercwithMouth82 said:
Founders packs no purchasable.

War Machine exclusive to PS Plus but still costing money:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/spiel/marvel-heroes-omega-war-machine-founder's-pack/cid=EP0288-CUSA07329_00-WMFNDRBE00000000

16.99 eur

Hope this is a mistake.

Download size is a 12 ish GB.

No, that is right. He never said he was free, just exclusive to PS Plus members as in they are the only one who can buy his pack.

read his post again

  • War Machine is a PS+ Exclusive. If you are a PS+ member, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free.

Oh wow. This isn't going to go over well.

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,521 Staff

@NeptunePirate said:

@JamesBarnes said:

@NeptunePirate said:

Dang, no chat? I asked a developer on Twitter and he said that the HUBs would act just as they do on PC, I assumed that meant the chat as well. I didn't think that one through. It'll be weird to see everyone running around, but no way to communicate. :(

No text chat for now

I'm not sure how other MMO type games on console handle text chatting?

Most have a chat box like normal MMOs. The ones I play, APB, Neverwinter, STO, they all have chat. At least its something coming later on.

Chat is planned to come in a future patch. Probably the next big patch we do for console.

@NOVASTARs said:
what time are these packs going up on sale utc? est? gmt? other time zone any one know?

It looks like some EU players are able to access the packs. If that's not the case, they should be up sometime tomorrow around 8am PST.

Community Manager
Twitter: Pudgyboi
Asterisk = Subject to Change
Have a Suggestion or Feedback for MH? PM me!
Follow MH on Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, YouTube, etc.

Posts: 208 Amazing
edited April 20

@KomoriMan said:

@NeptunePirate said:

@JamesBarnes said:

@NeptunePirate said:

Dang, no chat? I asked a developer on Twitter and he said that the HUBs would act just as they do on PC, I assumed that meant the chat as well. I didn't think that one through. It'll be weird to see everyone running around, but no way to communicate. :(

No text chat for now

I'm not sure how other MMO type games on console handle text chatting?

Most have a chat box like normal MMOs. The ones I play, APB, Neverwinter, STO, they all have chat. At least its something coming later on.

Chat is planned to come in a future patch. Probably the next big patch we do for console.

@NOVASTARs said:
what time are these packs going up on sale utc? est? gmt? other time zone any one know?

It looks like some EU players are able to access the packs. If that's not the case, they should be up sometime tomorrow around 8am PST.

@KomoriMan

We need info what's happening with War Machine. You stated he would be free to PS Plus members but he shows at 16.99 eur in Germany:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/spiel/marvel-heroes-omega-war-machine-founder's-pack/cid=EP0288-CUSA07329_00-WMFNDRBE00000000

Other single characer packs are at 17.99 eur. So it seems all the PS Plus bonus you get for War Machine is a 1 eur discount if you don't want to wait 6 months for the regular release.

True BelieverLocation Vancouver, BCPosts: 2,417 Fantastic

@Tzeentch said:
I have a question that's not answered here - why hasn't one of the higher ups come down here to reassure the PC players and explain what the future is for the PC version of the game?

This is all I care about. I've been patient for 6 months now and i'm losing interest in the game.

My super fantastic custom sig

Sign In or Register to comment.