Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! A 50% Experience Bonus will be active until 11:59 PM (PDT) tomorrow (8/11) to help make up for the unexpected downtime. Thank you for your patience.

Komori - we need to talk smiley faces man

Location CEO of GazallionPosts: 6,188 Cosmic

It's messing with my chi. Ok, this :) doesn't work anymore but instead gives me the :sm-ile: shortcut.

The block of 16 smiley faces from the drop down isn't all of the possible options which is confusing. You just can't bottle my emotions up like this. ;) or :wink: I think?

And old time classics like colon-P now give you :pensive: as the first option. Where is my sassy tongue-sticky??

I miss my little guy on his side laughing hysterically. I miss my aliens, cows, and playing peekaboo. Where's my O-HELL-NO finger shake? My angel halo?

Please help us Obi-Wan-Komori. You're my only hope.

Edit - and can we please get the spam block changed? It's counting editing as posting, so if I edit a post twice inside a minute it gives me a two minute "spam-block". Can we increase the threshold for spam block to like 4 posts per minute? That's spammy to me, not two.

Edit - 2 reposting this because Vanilla DELETED IT and says waiting for approval. ERMG HELP!! I CAN'T EVEN FIND MY ANGRY FACES EITHER!!

Phoenix PoweredPosts: 926 Amazing

@Jestuh said:
The block of 16 smiley faces from the drop down isn't all of the possible options which is confusing. You just can't bottle my emotions up like this. ;) or :wink: I think?

Emoticon graphics are pure evil anyway and should be eliminated, especially those super-ugly 3D yellow circle ones. One should say how they feel in text.

Edit - and can we please get the spam block changed? It's counting editing as posting, so if I edit a post twice inside a minute it gives me a two minute "spam-block". Can we increase the threshold for spam block to like 4 posts per minute? That's spammy to me, not two.

This I agree with. Editing should have a longer threshold.

Location Behind you...Posts: 6,886 Cosmic

Emoji's are developing as a truly universal language...seriously, us old fuddy duddy types may not appreciate it, but aside from a few homonyms people are frequently resorting to emoji's when there is a language barrier and it kind of cool to watch this modern hieroglyphic language develop.

Location CEO of GazallionPosts: 6,188 Cosmic

@KomoriMan said:
You shouldn't have the "waiting for approval" message anymore.

I posted this topic originally, then edited it when the smileys didn't work right, then edited again because two smileys were wrong. The topic then got deleted and it said "waiting for authorization" and I got a spam block.

Regarding the messages, we were backed into a corner regarding updating the back-end of our forums which took away the smileys. It's something I can ask of Vanilla to bring back but it may take some time.

Sorry guys.

It's ok. Just nice to know what's up. Thanks for trying! And post a link if there's a Vanilla forum we can go to and harass request their assistance.

@HuntGod said:
it kind of cool to watch this modern hieroglyphic language develop.

Not exactly how I see it....

Location Gamma Bomb Test SitePosts: 7,034 Cosmic

@KomoriMan said:

Edit - 2 reposting this because Vanilla DELETED IT and says waiting for approval. ERMG HELP!! I CAN'T EVEN FIND MY ANGRY FACES EITHER!!

I maybe should'nt be, but I'm still getting the approval message after editing a post within a minute.

Location Summoner's RiftPosts: 346 Amazing

@VastExpanse said:

@HuntGod said:
it kind of cool to watch this modern hieroglyphic language develop.

Not exactly how I see it....

emoji analysis :smile:

Im with you, happy face looks like my mother-in-law....omg I so hate using it now! :D

Location BFE, TexasPosts: 2,194 Cosmic

@KomoriMan said:

@Jestuh said:
It's messing with my chi. Ok, this :) doesn't work anymore but instead gives me the :sm-ile: shortcut.

And old time classics like colon-P now give you :pensive: as the first option. Where is my sassy tongue-sticky??

I miss my little guy on his side laughing hysterically. I miss my aliens, cows, and playing peekaboo. Where's my O-HELL-NO finger shake? My angel halo?

Regarding the messages, we were backed into a corner regarding updating the back-end of our forums which took away the smileys. It's something I can ask of Vanilla to bring back but it may take some time.

Sorry guys.

Still getting the waiting for approval...mainly on longer or meme and gif posts...rarely but it does happen...

and I miss the animated smilies...

can we haz Strawberry instead? :P (See, no tongue sticking out)

Location Wandering the left hand pathPosts: 4,564 Cosmic

No "raise your horns" smiley anymore. Sad day for metalheads.

\m/ :'( \m/

Rather a day as a wolf than a thousand years as a sheep.

ALL THE DEADPOOLSLocation Not standing behind you right nowPosts: 12,052 Cosmic

@KomoriMan said:

Ya know, for a company dedicated at running forum software (targeted at gaming companies, no less!) they have a surprising inability to nail the basics of most Internet forums from 2007, let alone 2017 :tongue:

BTW @Jestuh if you do : t (without the space, of course) then you get the "tongue" smiley as the first suggestion. You would think they would have one for sarcastic. There used to be a eye roll or rolling eye but now if you type : roll you get :trollface: which, now that I think about it, seems appropriate :tongue:

Location Under your bed.Posts: 288 Amazing

@KomoriMan said:

@Jestuh said:

Sorry guys.

You need a better whip to crack. Have you considered a barbed wire upgrade? >:)

Q: How many procs could a proc proc if a proc could proc procs?
A: That is entirely too much RNG!

Location Have no place I can be, since I found Serenity.Posts: 5,925 Cosmic
edited April 21

@SamuRonX said:

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)

Immortals Gaming
Say wut? For more Say Wut's threads check @Quarnok 's sig :P

Location I'm not the second coming, I'm the first wave.Posts: 11,388 Cosmic

( ¬‿¬)═ɜ ɛ═(⌐‿⌐ )

@Xethor said:

@SamuRonX said:

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ɹoɥʇǝX

Thank you, Mystery Gifter, for the Age of Ultron and Heroes for Hire Fortune Cards!
create your own wishlist! | check out my guide to Story Mode shortcuts! | enter the DevBlog giveaway!