Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
Our Big 10 event is now live, and so are our Big 10 sales! Get 50% off all Heroes, Costumes, Team-Ups and Pets in the in-game store for a limited time!
1234568»

Console reverse port coming?

AssembledLocation Somewhere over the Rainbow Bi-Frost BridgePosts: 595 Amazing

Just for the record, I'm in it till the end. Not fretting over whether we become the abandoned redheaded stepchildren of the console or not, or whether they're going to suddenly drop the PC entirely, or any other fears real or imagined. Been here since the beginning of closed beta and I'll be the last one to shutter the windows and turn off the lights on my way out.

Gonna enjoy the ride for as long as I can. I can only hope that they can win some of the players back that they lost and/or gain new players, but if not then it'll have been a hell of a ride.

Location Wandering the left hand pathPosts: 4,669 Cosmic

@GrandPiano said:
You should be happy they're releasing on consoles. It might mean we'll see more new content, more money for the company and a chance it won't vanish when the license expires in two years.

Instead people are moaning that three costumes (2 of which look terrible) are being released 4 years later on a different format to what they bought them on. Based on a comment from someone who left years ago.

There's going to be a lot of new players coming in soon and looking at these forums as a result of these ports. Please don't put them off playing with your negativity and attitude towards new posters.

I really hope that what you say is true, that it will bring in enough to make it possible for more content to be released for all platforms. I dont think many are against that, I think many doubt that is what will happen though. Silence is never a good sign, Gaz isnt even talking about their future plans between console and PC. They must have some form of plan how things are supposed to pan out between the two. The silence leads more to thoughts that the console version will be simplified and optmized enough that content can be created for it with the impact of the PC version. Who knows, maybe they will hire testers for heroes and skip the TC idea, making the console the prime platform. TC isnt very populated as is, so if they have a decent grasp how many people are needed for proper testing of new heroes then they can put money on that instead of the PC. Those are the fears in peoples heads.

I agree that people should not get hung up over the founder costumes, it is a brand new game for PS4 so of course they should be obtainable, even if it isnt in the shape of a founders pack. Even if it is a store item it is all ok since it is a new platform and not PC (where that old promise was made).

I also agree it is important to not drive of new players, that still doesnt mean we should stay quiet about our concerns. Nothing we say is untrue really.

Rather a day as a wolf than a thousand years as a sheep.

Location The Thread KillerPosts: 4,725 Cosmic

I'm usually supportive of Gaz, but in this instance, I can't help but feel like we are being neglected.

@vthree said:

@SuperWG said:

Sounds good. But for the record, I don't think anyone who plays fights enemies while their inventory is up, since you can't see anything

I don't think it means players have inventory up all the time while fighting. But I definitely switch on my inventory on the fly sometimes

Me too, it is after all the only way to see your actual stats with all the in combat effects on and when that can be changes as big as almost triple the effective hp compared to what it is standing it the hub its pretty important to have acces to that info while testing new item/build options.

"An it harm none, do what you will"

True BelieverPosts: 866 Amazing

@GazFirefly

I honestly thought it was Groucho's character in Duck Soup ;p

@GazFirefly said:
Fun fact: I also worked on DC Universe Online

Nothing fun about that fact.

Location CEO of GazallionPosts: 6,189 Cosmic

@GazFirefly said:
Fun fact: I also worked on DC Universe Online, and was really upset that I had to name my character "Fyrefly" when we launched lol

Pretty sure Marvel has that GI Joe IP. So looks like you belong here. :)

Location When Cannonball?Posts: 1,669 Fantastic

Holy heck we're talking about Marx Brothers on the MH forums. These are very distinct portions of my life overlapping in a surreal and unexpected manner. Also Groucho's characters have the best, most absurd names in all the films. That is all.

Location USAPosts: 1,411 Fantastic

@Jestuh said:

@MasterlordTitan said:

Just because i‘m new to the forums. Doesn't mean i don't read the forums. We've had devs come and go. Stuff promised to us that didn't happen. But that kinda stuff happens.

This isn't about Devs coming and going or "stuff happen"-ing. this is about a complete change in the way Gaz handles irrespective of the staff.

For a few years the forum posters were actively included in game development and generally felt included. Look, Doomsaw, Amthua, Michael Mayhem, Psylocke and I believe a few mods were all former players and active posters on the forums. I mean how many game companies actively recruit developers from their own forums? Seriously, there were job postings ON THE FORUMS just for us.

As someone that just viewed posts instead of posting (and therefore having a voice or a stake in an issue) you may not appreciate just how well the Devs listened to what we wanted and asked for at the time and how much of our feedback actually changed how things went into the game.

Did you know that there was (and I believe still is) a "white team" of players that alpha test prior to things going to the test server? They're under an NDA so they can't give any details and possibly not identify themselves. Once new patches were on the test server (until about a year ago), the Devs did a spectacular job of listening to our feedback and adjusting the characters to a point where it satisfied their internal metrics and also satisfied player desires. Gambit was released in a horrible form and over months iterated to a point where people were finally happy. Every 52 review that I'm aware of heavily integrated player feedback into the final product to create something everyone was generally happy with.

Fast forward to now and it's a completely different company. (Even though TheArtofRawr was a dev back in the Doomsaw days) and many of us aren't happy with it.

Look at Bioware back in its original days, then fast forward to Bioware as owned by EA. I used to buy a game just because it was made by Bioware. But now the company's changed to something I don't respect or support. The same is happening here.

And suggesting or implying that we should just shutup and move on after being invested in the game in so many forms for years it's unrealistic if not naive.

From the perspective of many long-term players, this is OUR game, not theirs. And we don't like what's happening. Not only should we feel free to voice our displeasure but we should be encouraged to do it since we are part of their client base.

I don't think you appreciate how much this issue has been simmering over the last year.

It is SO EASILY within the grasp of Gaz to win back player sentiment. Seriously, if Gaz just allowed us to port our unlocked/purchased characters over to consoles and gave long time PC players a few exclusive costumes or unlocks, I guarantee anyone that would play on both consoles would be singing their praises.

And if Gaz's leads like Rawr and Komori were more forthcoming with what's going on, lots of PC players would continue to be on board. There's unlikely any contractual issues prohibiting asking for our feedback on a few ideas, or doing a poll for characters we'd like to see in the coming year, or asking for suggestions on what sort of content we'd like to see.

Instead what we get is generally silence, recaps of things that have already been released, a few posts saying thanks for our feedback, and that's it.

Other than that one Dr. Strange, no new content has been released since Civil War and that was last May. Everything else that's been done on the PC has been done for the console with the idea that it will help us in the long run. It's been a year. How much longer do we have to wait for ANYTHING to come down the pipe?

TL;DR - there are very good reasons for the players here being frustrated and unhappy, and when players invest as much as we have into a game and then get shut out, we have every right to be upset and voice that displeasure.

I agree that those that may have suggested no one say anything is taking a incorrect angle. I disagree with you on:

1. Its not your game. Its Marvel's game. <- (you are of course free to create your own videogame)
  2. You can voice your concerns and ensure your concerns are noted. But please refer back to entry no. 1
AcePosts: 165 Incredible

@xomanowars said:
I agree that those that may have suggested no one say anything is taking a incorrect angle. I disagree with you on:

1. Its not your game. Its Marvel's game. <- (you are of course free to create your own videogame)
  2. You can voice your concerns and ensure your concerns are noted. But please refer back to entry no. 1

People feel a degree of ownership over this game that is not entirely unwarranted due to many of the things @Jestuh mentioned in his post. They leaned heavily on the community in the early days when this game was a disaster. The feeling that they abandoned that same community for greener pastures without so much as an explanation is a completely understandable one. And is a feeling that the company could have done quite a bit to alleviate if they cared to.

This game is, in many ways, a unique case because of the community involvement. So maybe your stance is correct when it comes to major studio, AAA releases that do all the creative work in house. You just can't overlook why some long time players feel such ownership in this case.

@Jestuh said:

@GazFirefly said:
Fun fact: I also worked on DC Universe Online, and was really upset that I had to name my character "Fyrefly" when we launched lol

Pretty sure Marvel has that GI Joe IP. So looks like you belong here. :)

er Hasbro and for comics its IDW as far as I know, back in the day the cartoons where marvel productions and the comics I think but not now :P

Location USAPosts: 1,411 Fantastic

@Bucke said:

@xomanowars said:

People feel a degree of ownership over this game that is not entirely unwarranted due to many of the things @Jestuh mentioned in his post. They leaned heavily on the community in the early days when this game was a disaster. The feeling that they abandoned that same community for greener pastures without so much as an explanation is a completely understandable one. And is a feeling that the company could have done quite a bit to alleviate if they cared to.

This game is, in many ways, a unique case because of the community involvement. So maybe your stance is correct when it comes to major studio, AAA releases that do all the creative work in house. You just can't overlook why some long time players feel such ownership in this case.

I don't see the same measured replies from your other supposed "long term" player. labeling, namecalling, etc. makes it seem like there wasn't any involvement existing at all.

I've seen this online PC game stick a flag in the ground for multiple years amid fortresses of other online PC game giants and many, many other online PC games have died off in way less time, marvel heroes is working to make sure that flag stays standing.
I may have a slanted view through my prism, but taking a positive outlook helps more than hurts. AAA studio or not, some other publishers would would not have taken the non-conventional routes gazillion has sometimes and would have thought they were out of their minds.

Location CEO of GazallionPosts: 6,189 Cosmic

@xomanowars said:

I know technically I don't own the game due to licensing etc and how complicated property rights have become in the last 20 years, but due to the time, money, and energy invested in it, it feels like "ours".

That's what I was going for.

@GrandPiano said:
You should be happy they're releasing on consoles. It might mean we'll see more new content, more money for the company and a chance it won't vanish when the license expires in two years.

Instead people are moaning that three costumes (2 of which look terrible) are being released 4 years later on a different format to what they bought them on. Based on a comment from someone who left years ago.

There's going to be a lot of new players coming in soon and looking at these forums as a result of these ports. Please don't put them off playing with your negativity and attitude towards new posters.

This guy gets it

MutatedLocation BostonPosts: 15,553 Cosmic

@MasterlordTitan said:

@GrandPiano said:

This guy gets it

Well 2 voices of reason than!

1234568»