Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are up and running. Thank you for your patience.

Marvel Heroes Omega Console Q&A.

True BelieverPosts: 332 Amazing

@KomoriMan said:
Sorry for any confusion and sorry for not jumping into any other threads about this topic. Spider-Man Symbiote will be available through consoles if you purchase all Founder's packs but will be later available as a costume.

So it's a time-exclusive via the Founder's packs but will be available later to everyone in some fashion.

It does feel like a slap in the face @Casper88
They are breaking their promise of exclusivity.

@Phaelyn said:

@Evilbeavers said:

@Casper88 said:
i hope it's the real Symbiote. Not because I am a fan or will get it. Just because I know someone will use the term "slap in the face" to describe the effect on founders pack folks. And i haven't heard that term in some time.

As an Ultimate Founder this is a slap in the face.

How?

Founders got it because they were founders on PC - and guess what, it's NOT for sale on the PC!

People need to get it through their minds that MHO is essentially a brand new game, NOT a simple port from PC to Console.

Think of it this way: If MHO were to have had a totally different name that didn't share Marvel Heroes - like maybe just Marvel OMEGA - would people be asking to transfer over, or to complain there is a costume being sold on it?

NO - because they would see it's a different game. Which it is, from the UI to new itemization, no Pets, etc, etc ad nauseum..

Omg i agree that00% and to make the PC players stop complaining it would have been better if it just had a different name so people could go its a marvel game for console lol butlets face it they would probably just say but its marvel so it belongs to pc

True BelieverPosts: 150 Incredible

@Phaelyn said:

@Evilbeavers said:

@Casper88 said:
i hope it's the real Symbiote. Not because I am a fan or will get it. Just because I know someone will use the term "slap in the face" to describe the effect on founders pack folks. And i haven't heard that term in some time.

How?

Founders got it because they were founders on PC - and guess what, it's NOT for sale on the PC!

People need to get it through their minds that MHO is essentially a brand new game, NOT a simple port from PC to Console.

Think of it this way: If MHO were to have had a totally different name that didn't share Marvel Heroes - like maybe just Marvel OMEGA - would people be asking to transfer over, or to complain there is a costume being sold on it?

NO - because they would see it's a different game. Which it is, from the UI to new itemization, no Pets, etc, etc ad nauseum..

You obviously didn't see the quote in my post and you are totally right.

It's a new game with a new name and new forum and new port and new team and new characters and new powers and new content. I don't know how I though this was just a adjusted port to console of the same game. I mean how hard is it to confuse Marvel Heroes with Marvel Heroes Omega? Silly right? It's like people confusing my Ford Fusion SE with just a Ford Fusion. They are completely different!

@KomoriMan said:

That's the information I was given to by one of the producers. I might involve something else within the rating system, I'm not 100% aware, sorry. I'll try to provide more details as I have them.

Please if you let as know. I would love to know when we can play it. Playstation italian blog doesn't reply....

@Phaelyn said:

@Evilbeavers said:

@Casper88 said:

How?

But we have to remember how a lot of them think, it was on pc first so it belongs to them

@MercwithMouth82 said:

@Casper88 said:

@Phaelyn said:

Did you watch the same clip i did of them going through the raft. Same enemies. Same dialog "No wonder fury speaks highly of you" Same moves. Same cut scenes. Same end villain. Calling it a new game requires some mental gymnastics if you ask me. Its the PC game with some console customization for controls at best. Diablo 3 is still Diablo 3, despite having some console exclusive features. Same is true here. And if you direct yourself to the Doomsaw quote of the guy above you. Theres no designation about on this platform or within x years. He says never and he says why.

Whether it was a stupid promise to make in the first place especially with such iconic costumes in a game that's monetized around people buying cool costumes is another argument. But you'd have a hard time convincing a jury it wasn't the same game were the game on trial for murder.

And PC players got an Ultimate Founders pack with loads of characters for this costume while console players have to pay more for founders packs and also get less heroes (if they want the costume).

Or they can wait until they put it in the store for everyone on console?

True BelieverLocation Angel's AeriePosts: 682 Amazing

@Phaelyn said:

@Evilbeavers said:

@Casper88 said:

How?

This, 100%. I'm an Ultimate Founder and this is totally fine. They have broken no promise here. These aren't for sale on the PC game nor are they able to transfer to it.

New founders for new platform, and guess what, I'll be getting it again!

ShellheadPosts: 177 Incredible
edited April 20

Wait is Iron Man REALLY not part of the Avengers Pack?! Or is he just off the list? Xmen pack is 60 for 6 heroes, AvN 60 for 5? @KomoriMan

edited April 20

@KomoriMan said:
Here are the details about the Founder's pack and the exclusives we have currently...

Founder's Packs for the PS4

Avenger's Founder's Pack - $59.99

• Captain American, Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, and Thor.
  • Default + Bonus Costumes
  • 10 Combo Boosts
  • $20 worth of G's

X-Men's Founder's Pack - $59.99

• Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Iceman, and Psylocke.
  • 10 Combo Boosts
  • $20 worth of G's

Guardian's Founder's Pack - $39.99

• Star-Lord
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • 5 Combo Boosts
  • $10 worth of G's

Spider-Man Founder's Pack - $19.99

• Spider-Man
  • Default + Civil War Costume
  • 1 XP Boost
  • $5 worth of G's

Deadpool Founder's Pack - $19.99

• Deadpool
  • Default + Zen Costume
  • 1 XP Boost
  • $5 worth of G's

Exclusives

• Iron Fist and the Spider-Man Symbiote Enhanced are time-exclusives. You can acquire them by getting all the Founder's Packs available on the PSN.
  • DareDevil will be a PSN Exclusive meaning that once we are in Open Beta, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free. He won't be available in Closed Beta.
  • War Machine is a PS+ Exclusive. If you are a PS+ member, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free.

I'll add the costume details by end of day hopefully.

Thanks a lot! Also looking forward to costume details!

But there must be a mistake right?

The X-Men pack picture shows 5 characters. Yet the pack has 6 now with Iceman added.

The Avengers pack (for the same price) shows also 5 characters and has only 5 listed by you now. Also replacing Iron Man with Hawkeye. Is that for real? No Iron Man in the Avengers pack?

Location Bro-tunheimPosts: 320 Amazing
edited April 20

@KomoriMan said:
Here are the details about the Founder's pack and the exclusives we have currently...

• 10 Combo Boosts
  • $20 worth of G's

• 10 Combo Boosts
  • $20 worth of G's

• Star-Lord
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • 5 Combo Boosts
  • $10 worth of G's

• Spider-Man
  • 1 XP Boost
  • $5 worth of G's

• Deadpool
  • Default + Zen Costume
  • 1 XP Boost
  • $5 worth of G's

Exclusives

• Iron Fist and the Spider-Man Symbiote Enhanced are time-exclusives. You can acquire them by getting all the Founder's Packs available on the PSN.
  • DareDevil will be a PSN Exclusive meaning that once we are in Open Beta, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free. He won't be available in Closed Beta.
  • War Machine is a PS+ Exclusive. If you are a PS+ member, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free.

Thanks for this! Do you have any information about a release in Switzerland? Will it be coming at all? I don't mind waiting but if I could know ahead if I should just make an US account to give it a try it would save me some time waiting :#

@KomoriMan said:

• 10 Combo Boosts
  • $20 worth of G's

• 10 Combo Boosts
  • $20 worth of G's

Any particular reason the Avengers pack has one less hero?

@ostrichwrangler said:

@KomoriMan said:

• 10 Combo Boosts
  • $20 worth of G's

• 10 Combo Boosts
  • $20 worth of G's

Any particular reason the Avengers pack has one less hero?

And skipped Iron Man as an Avenger? Of all the characters. Please @KomoriMan say this is a mistake.

@KomoriMan said:

• 10 Combo Boosts
  • $20 worth of G's

• 10 Combo Boosts
  • $20 worth of G's

• Star-Lord
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • 5 Combo Boosts
  • $10 worth of G's

• Spider-Man
  • 1 XP Boost
  • $5 worth of G's

• Deadpool
  • Default + Zen Costume
  • 1 XP Boost
  • $5 worth of G's

Exclusives

I'll add the costume details by end of day hopefully.

No stash with the hero packs either?

Gotta be kidding that Iron Man isn't in the avenger pack. What is that?

Location FrenchvillePosts: 1,192 Fantastic

@MercwithMouth82 said:

So I can play with Iron Fist if I spend 200$ for a lesser version of a game where I already own all the heroes?

C'mon.

No seriously, I know they're "time-exclusive" so I may be able to play them in the future, but how long will we have to wait?

Furthermore, if I bought a one month PS+ so I can have War Machine, will I still be able to play with him when I stop being a PS+ member?

@KomoriMan said:

Exclusives

@Balthazane said:
No stash with the hero packs either?

Maybe no hero stashes on console?