Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are up and running. Thank you for your patience.

Marvel Heroes Omega Console Q&A.

Posts: 330 Amazing

@Cable83 said:
Considering the fact that I spent a lot of time for marvel heroes and did not give you the chance to transfer the progress made both the characters and the costumes is a contradiction. Really a shame is na polishing half and I want to see how the PC version will develop unless they abandon the one for pc and devote themselves to the ps4 and xbox one version.
At the end it's worth it then start all over again. With the hope that they will give you the chance to move your progress, otherwise boycott will go here
I finish by saying, instead of playing the game for other consoles, they should devote themselves to and arrange that for pc, such as pvp add content, new modes and so on and even modifications for the super group etc etc, and especially the Italian language that does not Is never considered. I forgot the console I bet there will not even be the chat anyway it will take us an hour to write something.

You know Keyboards work on console right? you can use a tablet I belive to type on Xbox or use its handy chatpad, + everyone has voice chat on console that's a minor issue imo

PVP lol that's funny :)

Posts: 11,394 Cosmic

@taliss said:

@vthree said:

@shdwtch said:
I know this question was asked a couple weeks ago, but im hoping the answer has changed since then, is Gazillion still planning to wipe after closed beta transitions to open beta?

Considering the closed beta is scheduled for one month, it is pretty much always going to be wiped. Some MMOs might give like 3 day early access for pre-order/founders but there is no way they would give players a month head start. Also, a lot of things change during beta so if no wipe, there can be a lot of issues.

Seems there is early access if you buy Gs. Early access will be after wipe and just before open beta I assume

"Will there be an Early Access program?

We have plans for a PlayStation 4 Early Access program, scheduled to begin on near the end of our closed beta. Founder’s Pack purchasers and closed beta participants who purchase Gs will have access to this Early Access window."

Ok so does this mean purchase a founders pack AND G's separately or you get early access if you get a founders pack

Can be interpreted both ways. I assume it is

1) founders pack buyers
And
2) closed beta participants who purchase Gs

So basically anyone that spent money before launch will get early access.

Posts: 111 Incredible
edited April 20

@Rasetsu said:
It was not at the start, it is now it seems. (and on console it was F2P from the get go)

https://gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/elder-scrolls-online-going-free-to-play-on-pc-cons-31801585/

ESO is B2P, not F2P

Posts: 23 Mighty

@Leowyld said:

@taliss said:

My main XBL Gamertag is Raccoonatic, but I'll be using an alternate Gamertag, Leowyld Raccoon, for Marvel Heroes Omega.

My main is ps4 Taliss but my xbx is OoTalissoO

Phoenix PoweredLocation DC AreaPosts: 14 Mighty

@BabeBro said:
@KamoriMan Being that buying a founders pack ensures closed beta entry is there a limited amount of sales made? Is everyone who buys a founders pack promised a spot? Just would like more clarity because I'm actually just interested in the X-Men characters. Don't care much to have any Avengers. Is there a single character pack other than the Spider man one?

There's spiderman pack, xmen pack, avengers pack, and 3 others I read yesterday on gamespot.

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,257 Staff
edited April 20

@Cubes said:
@KomoriMan Would love a detailed list with the contents of the packs!

Do you have an approx file size for the game on PS4?

Will prestige exist in the console version? No PETS I assume? Will Omega items be available already or will those need an additional patch after the game has gone live?

I know I said this yesterday but I will update this FAQ with pack details!

Prestige will be available, no pets, and Omega items will not be available yet.

@DarthSmurfX said:
Can we play the Beta for free or do we have to buy a Founder's Pack? I'd pay for Gambit, but I don't see him anywhere... I don't want to pay for a pack when I have no idea how this game plays, but am interested in the Beta. Do I just have to wait for the final game?

So I'm planning ways for players to gain access to the CB without grabbing a Founder's Pack. The problem is that you might not win or acquire that chance.

We will have an Open Beta after Closed Beta so that will be your opportunity if you don't plan on purchasing anything. Which is 100% fine.

@TheCipe said:
@KomoriMan Could you please comment on whether Symbiote Spider-man costume will be available on consoles or not?

Sorry for any confusion and sorry for not jumping into any other threads about this topic. Spider-Man Symbiote will be available through consoles if you purchase all Founder's packs but will be later available as a costume.

So it's a time-exclusive via the Founder's packs but will be available later to everyone in some fashion.

@taliss said:
@KomoriMan are the Spiderman and DeadPool, avengers and guardians of the galaxy two packs or four seperate founders packs hope you can respond please and thank you

They are 4 separate packs.

@Cerneris said:

@KomoriMan said:

@Vittorio74 said:
@KomoriMan are other country going to get the founder pack too like Italy or Australia?

Thanks

So Australia/New Zealand has a different rating system outside of PEGI. I think it's the same for Italy so the very unlikely that those regions will participate when NA/EU does this Friday. Sorry! I'm working on getting updates.

I'm 120% sure that Italy uses the PEGI system, Wikipedia is sure too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_European_Game_Information

I'm really wondering why Italy was excluded from the CB.

That's the information I was given to by one of the producers. I might involve something else within the rating system, I'm not 100% aware, sorry. I'll try to provide more details as I have them.

@SynisterMutant said:
Ok so if i get a founders pack i still get to keep the characters after the closed beta? Just the character progress is wiped?

Correct! You keep all the characters, items, and G's you get with the Founder's Pack. All the progress, items, etc. you make will be reset with the character wipe.

@dannyd said:
/KomoriMan I checkd the ps4 store and no packs and on the site thay say there up

I'm not sure what site you are talking about? They should be going up sometime tomorrow. Trying to get a firm time from our team.

Posts: 208 Amazing

@KomoriMan said:

@Cubes said:
@KomoriMan Would love a detailed list with the contents of the packs!

Do you have an approx file size for the game on PS4?

Will prestige exist in the console version? No PETS I assume? Will Omega items be available already or will those need an additional patch after the game has gone live?

I know I said this yesterday but I will update this FAQ with pack details!

Prestige will be available, no pets, and Omega items will not be available yet.

@DarthSmurfX said:
Can we play the Beta for free or do we have to buy a Founder's Pack? I'd pay for Gambit, but I don't see him anywhere... I don't want to pay for a pack when I have no idea how this game plays, but am interested in the Beta. Do I just have to wait for the final game?

So I'm planning ways for players to gain access to the CB without grabbing a Founder's Pack. The problem is that you might not win or acquire that chance.

We will have an Open Beta after Closed Beta so that will be your opportunity if you don't plan on purchasing anything. Which is 100% fine.

@TheCipe said:
@KomoriMan Could you please comment on whether Symbiote Spider-man costume will be available on consoles or not?

Sorry for any confusion and sorry for not jumping into any other threads about this topic. Spider-Man Symbiote will be available through consoles if you purchase all Founder's packs but will be later available as a costume.

So it's a time-exclusive via the Founder's packs but will be available later to everyone in some fashion.

@taliss said:
@KomoriMan are the Spiderman and DeadPool, avengers and guardians of the galaxy two packs or four seperate founders packs hope you can respond please and thank you

They are 4 separate packs.

@Cerneris said:

@KomoriMan said:

@Vittorio74 said:
@KomoriMan are other country going to get the founder pack too like Italy or Australia?

Thanks

So Australia/New Zealand has a different rating system outside of PEGI. I think it's the same for Italy so the very unlikely that those regions will participate when NA/EU does this Friday. Sorry! I'm working on getting updates.

I'm 120% sure that Italy uses the PEGI system, Wikipedia is sure too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_European_Game_Information

I'm really wondering why Italy was excluded from the CB.

That's the information I was given to by one of the producers. I might involve something else within the rating system, I'm not 100% aware, sorry. I'll try to provide more details as I have them.

@SynisterMutant said:
Ok so if i get a founders pack i still get to keep the characters after the closed beta? Just the character progress is wiped?

Correct! You keep all the characters, items, and G's you get with the Founder's Pack. All the progress, items, etc. you make will be reset with the character wipe.

@dannyd said:
/KomoriMan I checkd the ps4 store and no packs and on the site thay say there up

I'm not sure what site you are talking about? They should be going up sometime tomorrow. Trying to get a firm time from our team.

Thanks for all the info!

Two more questions:

1) Do you already know how much 6 comes with the different founder packs?

2) Iron Fist was also announced at the reveal to be a 6-month exclusive character to founders packs. Together with War Machine. We have a War Machine founders pack but not an Iron Fist one. Could you shed some light on which founders packs offer access to Iron Fist?

ShellheadPosts: 177 Incredible
edited April 20

Welp this is certainly an interesting turn of events with the Symbiote. Pretty excited to get it on consoles since I was dumb and didn't buy the UFP on PC.

Location Pennsylvania Posts: 319 Amazing
edited April 20

i hope it's the real Symbiote. Not because I am a fan or will get it. Just because I know someone will use the term "slap in the face" to describe the effect on founders pack folks. And i haven't heard that term in some time.

Posts: 153 Incredible

@KomoriMan said:

@Cubes said:
@KomoriMan Would love a detailed list with the contents of the packs!

Do you have an approx file size for the game on PS4?

Will prestige exist in the console version? No PETS I assume? Will Omega items be available already or will those need an additional patch after the game has gone live?

I know I said this yesterday but I will update this FAQ with pack details!

Prestige will be available, no pets, and Omega items will not be available yet.

@DarthSmurfX said:
Can we play the Beta for free or do we have to buy a Founder's Pack? I'd pay for Gambit, but I don't see him anywhere... I don't want to pay for a pack when I have no idea how this game plays, but am interested in the Beta. Do I just have to wait for the final game?

So I'm planning ways for players to gain access to the CB without grabbing a Founder's Pack. The problem is that you might not win or acquire that chance.

We will have an Open Beta after Closed Beta so that will be your opportunity if you don't plan on purchasing anything. Which is 100% fine.

@TheCipe said:
@KomoriMan Could you please comment on whether Symbiote Spider-man costume will be available on consoles or not?

Sorry for any confusion and sorry for not jumping into any other threads about this topic. Spider-Man Symbiote will be available through consoles if you purchase all Founder's packs but will be later available as a costume.

Are we talking JUST the symbiote costume here or ALL the PC founder pack rare costumes?

Posts: 15 Mighty

@KomoriMan
What lenguages have closed beta? and final version?

Location Pennsylvania Posts: 319 Amazing

@Evilbeavers said:
As an Ultimate Founder this is a slap in the face.

Totally with you by the way :) And this is as an envious drooling I want the gd Maestro type of guy. But a promise is a promise.

Posts: 1,921 Fantastic

@KomoriMan said:
Sorry for any confusion and sorry for not jumping into any other threads about this topic. Spider-Man Symbiote will be available through consoles if you purchase all Founder's packs but will be later available as a costume.

For PC as well or no?

True BelieverPosts: 150 Incredible

@Casper88 said:

@Evilbeavers said:
As an Ultimate Founder this is a slap in the face.

Totally with you by the way :) And this is as an envious drooling I want the gd Maestro type of guy. But a promise is a promise.

As promise is a promise only as far as money isn't concerned apparently.

Posts: 156 Incredible

@KomoriMan

When you say no pets in console, do you mean at release or that there are no plans to bring them to consoles?

What about team-ups?

I can live without pets (I'll miss you Bamf), but no team-ups would be a real shame.

Location PSN ID: BropolloCreed79Posts: 1,859 Fantastic

@Tanthalas said:
What about team-ups?

I can live without pets (I'll miss you Bamf), but no team-ups would be a real shame.

I could do without Jubilee, or a majority of them. What they should do is simply make anyone on the roster that you've unlocked available as a TU.

Location Pennsylvania Posts: 319 Amazing
edited April 20

@Phaelyn said:
Think of it this way: If MHO were to have had a totally different name that didn't share Marvel Heroes - like maybe just Marvel OMEGA - would people be asking to transfer over, or to complain there is a costume being sold on it?

NO - because they would see it's a different game. Which it is, from the UI to new itemization, no Pets, etc, etc ad nauseum..

Did you watch the same clip i did of them going through the raft. Same enemies. Same dialog "No wonder fury speaks highly of you" Same moves. Same cut scenes. Same end villain. Calling it a new game requires some mental gymnastics if you ask me. Its the PC game with some console customization for controls at best. Diablo 3 is still Diablo 3, despite having some console exclusive features. Same is true here. And if you direct yourself to the Doomsaw quote of the guy above you. Theres no designation about on this platform or within x years. He says never and he says why.

Whether it was a stupid promise to make in the first place especially with such iconic costumes in a game that's monetized around people buying cool costumes is another argument. But you'd have a hard time convincing a jury it wasn't the same game were the game on trial for murder.

Posts: 208 Amazing

@Casper88 said:

@Phaelyn said:
Think of it this way: If MHO were to have had a totally different name that didn't share Marvel Heroes - like maybe just Marvel OMEGA - would people be asking to transfer over, or to complain there is a costume being sold on it?

NO - because they would see it's a different game. Which it is, from the UI to new itemization, no Pets, etc, etc ad nauseum..

Did you watch the same clip i did of them going through the raft. Same enemies. Same dialog "No wonder fury speaks highly of you" Same moves. Same cut scenes. Same end villain. Calling it a new game requires some mental gymnastics if you ask me. Its the PC game with some console customization for controls at best. Diablo 3 is still Diablo 3, despite having some console exclusive features. Same is true here. And if you direct yourself to the Doomsaw quote of the guy above you. Theres no designation about on this platform or within x years. He says never and he says why.

Whether it was a stupid promise to make in the first place especially with such iconic costumes in a game that's monetized around people buying cool costumes is another argument. But you'd have a hard time convincing a jury it wasn't the same game were the game on trial for murder.

And PC players got an Ultimate Founders pack with loads of characters for this costume while console players have to pay more for founders packs and also get less heroes (if they want the costume).

Sign In or Register to comment.