Categories

Attention Heroes! We will be having a server downtime tomorrow (6/28) at 2:00PM PDT. Servers are expected to be down for 3 hours for a game update. Thank you for your understanding.
The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online with game update 2.11, and the Anniversary event continues!

Wanda's modern costume VISUAL UPDATE (2017)

AssembledLocation ThemysciraPosts: 3,261 Cosmic
edited March 21

@HaydnC said:

@SouleBreaker said:

@HaydnC said:

@SouleBreaker said:
The MP for Wanda made it onto TC:

I mean... I'm still feeling a bit...

I don't think I'm ever going to be satisfied with any of the new female VU's. I feel there's less passion put into them.

They said it's not done yet.

What else needs doing?

That cape isn't the new cape, The hands (well arms it seems), the shrugging shoulders issues with some of her costumes and the hair clipping into the cape.

I really wish they would get rid of this annoying lock of hair above the tiara x.x

@AobaSona said:
I really wish they would get rid of this annoying lock of hair above the tiara x.x

The hairs below the tiara drive me crazy to be honest. It looks like they are coming out of her chin, to me. They look way too sparse and way too straight too.

edited March 22

Comparing with the previous one, the material pass really looks much better though. They gave her lipstick!

Askani'sonLocation Concrete JunglePosts: 763 Amazing

She's looking great.

Anyone with more pics pls?

Location Mystic FallsPosts: 2,358 Fantastic

@DoomedMaiden @TheDink Any word on Wanda's retools? Cap and the others on tc look so awesome. We are hoping she will stand toe to toe with them.

@DoomedMaiden said:
the build i saw it looks better; I feel like hands are larger than I would personally like but i think some of it is the game camera and having to make her work with our rigging. She still has a 'pop' in her idle so I'll probably go sweet talk someone about that soon.

This is a REAL improvement! I love it! Thanks, Jayna!

@DoomedMaiden said:
the build i saw it looks better; I feel like hands are larger than I would personally like but i think some of it is the game camera and having to make her work with our rigging. She still has a 'pop' in her idle so I'll probably go sweet talk someone about that soon.

There's a decent amount of costumes that have bigger hands. Is there a way to shrink them down a tad?

@DoomedMaiden said:

Is that the final? It is a narrow shot but it looks like nothing was changed regarding her textures. The cape especially I thought you had said something along the lines of "that doesn't look like the right cape" so I've been holding on to the idea that the final version is not going to have a grainy appearance; and ideally maybe something could be done about the drastic change between lighting effects since it is so much more pronounced than other costumes. I appreciate your work so much and I am not meaning to complain, just clarify.

@DoomedMaiden @TheDink

Hey girls, could you give us an little word or two about the state of her Classic VU ? Did you manage to do something about the cape and her hair issues ? :) Thanks a lot !

@KidKreol said:
@DoomedMaiden @TheDink

Hey girls, could you give us an little word or two about the state of her Classic VU ? Did you manage to do something about the cape and her hair issues ? :) Thanks a lot !

It's been quite some time. Even if it's just to say it's gonna be how we last saw it, it's time for an update.

I like how the VU is going but there are still some problems going on with many of her other costumes. Things are going to weird angles. Her leg is sticking out the side of one of them. I hope they get fixed soon but I still appreciate the work so far. I can tell a lot of care is going into it.

GazillionPosts: 27 Staff

If something looks off on your end can you please post screenshots if you are able? A lot of times I am seeing a future build so it helps to compare and make sure its not a rigging/anim related issue instead. I will try to get some time on it if I can before my last day. Failing that I will at least try to hand it to someone who can do fixes perhaps.

I don't know how to post screenshots but they are in the costume bugs section with the screenshots.

I hope that helps. Sorry I don't know how to myself.

edited April 24

So, I saw this...

And I assume it's the final version... Maybe it's just a lightning issue, but I actually prefered the previous one posted here... Like, why is her outfit SO shiny? I mean, that outfit was never portrayed as shiny at all, and here, comparing to Ant-Man for example, it really looks too much.

Is it just the lightning and it's actually the same? Cause everything else is the same, and for it being super shiny is definetely not what people asked to be changed...

@DoomedMaiden

@AobaSona said:
So, I saw this...

And I assume it's the final version... Maybe it's just a lightning issue, but I actually prefered the previous one posted here... Like, why is her outfit SO shiny? I mean, that outfit was never portrayed as shiny at all, and here, comparing to Ant-Man for example, it really looks too much.

Is it just the lightning and it's actually the same? Cause everything else is the same, and for it being super shiny is definetely not what people asked to be changed...

@DoomedMaiden

Is her hair still clipping into the cape? The boots and cape still bother me a lot.