Categories

Unable to patch (Mac)

Location In the depths of the mindPosts: 199 Incredible

@Jacyyur said:

@KomoriMan said:

@Jacyyur said:

@NickWindy said:
I .... I have no idea how to copy my logs, so I just pressed the button "Send your logs" on the launcher directly and filled in my e-mail address. Was that OK?

I did the same thing actually, but followed it up with a support request following KomoriMan's link saying I did so, making sure to specify the email address I sent it under. In theory "Send your logs" should be what they need. But like me you can/should also file a support request so that they know to pay attention to that particular "send your logs" and why. Include a link to this forum thread in your description.

That was my bad. I'll be sure to include links with any request next time.

The tickets will be sent over to our engineers to find a fix for you guys. Thanks!

To follow up, the support team emailed me back and specified a particular file to send, per my invite to them to say if the regular patcher 'send logs' wasn't what they wanted.

Below is what they said, and what I just sent them; the rest of you Mac users can do the same thing if you haven't, presumably:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please send the following log file:

From Finder, click on Go and Go to Folder…
Enter ~/Library/Application Support/Marvel Heroes/MarvelGame/Logs
Send the Launch.log file from this location.

Marvel Heroes Omega Support

I just sent my Launch.log file with my ticket so hoping that there will be a fix for this soon or some solution to this problem.

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Hero Roster 2.x

New Playable Heroes Wish List for 2017
Crystal, Wiccan, Hellcat, Hulkling, Quake

I'm having an issue where - ever since the new update - overtime I play, the game needs me to sign in to do the update. Same patch everytime. Anyone else?

Phoenix PoweredPosts: 1,011 Fantastic
edited April 17

To follow up my previous post, the support team sent me another email today:

I apologize. I actually need the log file located here:
Documents->My Games->Marvel Heroes Game->MarvelHeroesLauncher.log
Please attach to your reply.

And so that's actually the file they want. Makes a lot more sense actually given the content.

@Jacyyur said:
To follow up my previous post, the support team sent me another email today:

I apologize. I actually need the log file located here:
Documents->My Games->Marvel Heroes Game->MarvelHeroesLauncher.log
Please attach to your reply.

And so that's actually the file they want. Makes a lot more sense actually given the content.

Thanks for sharing. Glad that that's what I sent them in the first place...though I have not heared anything from them... :(

@Sonex said:
Thanks for sharing. Glad that that's what I sent them in the first place...though I have not heared anything from them... :(

The lack of response may just be because you sent them what they need so they don't need to ask you for anything.

Location Welcome to the Armor WarsPosts: 1,560 Fantastic

@KomoriMan , any word if the fix for this is in this patch?

Location My Sweet HomePosts: 235 Amazing

@KomoriMan
This annoying issue is killing me! Could we get rid of it within a week, please? :(

@Kahveh said:

Based on my experience just now, it's not fixed in the new patch. Same as before.

GazillionLocation Behind a DeskPosts: 1,521 Staff

@Sonex said:

@Kahveh said:

Based on my experience just now, it's not fixed in the new patch. Same as before.

Hmm. I was informed that it should have been resolved by our engineers.

If you can @Sonex (even if you have already) send your logs in a CS ticket.

Community Manager
Twitter: Pudgyboi
Asterisk = Subject to Change
Have a Suggestion or Feedback for MH? PM me!
Follow MH on Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, YouTube, etc.

@KomoriMan said:

@Sonex said:

@Kahveh said:

Hmm. I was informed that it should have been resolved by our engineers.

If you can @Sonex (even if you have already) send your logs in a CS ticket.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this. I'll submit my log again, and just to clarify, support seems to want the Documents->My Games->Marvel Heroes Game->MarvelHeroesLauncher.log, not the launch.log. It's what I submitted last time and what they asked @Jacyyur to submit.

So, I open the launcher and it says: unable to download metafile from our servers.
I'm trying to change the download host, it also says: failed to change your CDN.

What else can I do?

As an update, Marvel Heroes Support had contacted me earlier today saying they thought the new patch fixed the issue. However, as I emailed back to them hours ago, the problem still exists. I also sent in that email a copy of the latest Documents->My Games->Marvel Heroes Game->MarvelHeroesLauncher.log as it was post the 2.08a update, in case it would be helpful.

@FrozenArcher said:
So, I open the launcher and it says: unable to download metafile from our servers.
I'm trying to change the download host, it also says: failed to change your CDN.

What else can I do?

Is this happening to you in the production game or in the Test Centre? I get that problem in the Test Centre as well as the Test Centre saying it can't determine the current version, but production doesn't have those problems.

Location Welcome to the Armor WarsPosts: 1,560 Fantastic

Yes I'm still having this problem. Oddly, I didn't have to download the big patch. Only these smaller patches.

Location My Sweet HomePosts: 235 Amazing

@Jacyyur said:
As an update, Marvel Heroes Support had contacted me earlier today saying they thought the new patch fixed the issue. However, as I emailed back to them hours ago, the problem still exists. I also sent in that email a copy of the latest Documents->My Games->Marvel Heroes Game->MarvelHeroesLauncher.log as it was post the 2.08a update, in case it would be helpful.

Yeah, it definitely still exists, and I'm a little Trash Panda! off because of it. :(

Location In the depths of the mindPosts: 199 Incredible

I am still experiencing this problem, restarted the launcher many... many... times just to check, but it is still happening. Maybe it's some internal launcher issue that's causing it, not the actual patch?

My super fantastic custom sigareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaareaarea

Hero Roster 2.x

New Playable Heroes Wish List for 2017
Crystal, Wiccan, Hellcat, Hulkling, Quake

edited April 19

@brawlerman125 said:
I am still experiencing this problem, restarted the launcher many... many... times just to check, but it is still happening. Maybe it's some internal launcher issue that's causing it, not the actual patch?

I've usually only launch the launcher once in a day to see if the problem still exists, not including the launch that applies any normal patches. I wouldn't expect doing more than that to reveal anything new. Also, patches sometimes update the launcher itself, so its always possible a patch could fix the launcher.

edited April 19

@KomoriMan and others:

Another issue I've noticed, and maybe others can confirm or deny this happens to them.

Last fall maybe around November I had updated my Mac from Mavericks to Sierra (Skipping Yosemite and El Capitan). While on Mavericks the launcher was quite quick; the multiple repetitions of downloading 0..100% all completed and got me to the Play button within a few seconds. After updating to Sierra this process has been quite slow with multiple slow blue progress bars and its taken about a minute from opening the launcher to my getting the Play button. This is when there are no patches to apply.

This performance problem has existed about 6 months for me, and long predates the current discussion about a phantom repeating patch, which given the circumstances doubles the startup time.

So are any other Sierra users seeing a long delay even before the current phantom patch problem in getting to the Play button, or do you otherwise get it in just a few seconds?

My wild guess is that this may have something to do with operating system calls that the launcher makes waiting for something in the file system or network and then timing out, or something. Something changed between Mavericks and Sierra.

Appreciate the detailed info @Jacyyur I sent your comment to the one of the engineers working to resolve this issue. Please continue to sent your tickets though.

Community Manager

I received an update from our team. This issue should be resolved and you should be able to patch with no problems now.

Please let me know if that isn't the case for you. Thanks guys!

Community Manager