Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are up and running. Thank you for your patience.

[Bug Filed] Windows 10 Creators Update is out and now game crashes upon exit

Location There ... no, not there - there ... no, look a little to the left ...Posts: 128 Incredible

I will throw my experience in with the "Microsoft problem to solve" side. I have this issue with several games, not just with Marvel Heroes. All immediately after the Windows Update.

Location WisconsinPosts: 6 New Agent

I've had both crashes to desktop and to a black screen that hides other running programs like Task Manager and requires logoff to fix. I posted about it back in early December, after going through all the troubleshooting and even having the error after a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 (done for a different reason).

I've been on the Slow Ring of the Windows 10 Insider Preview program the whole time. These issues started occurring around build 14965, possibly related to the 'UI/UX polishing and performance improvements' or 'graphics improvements [...] while playing a full screen game' changes. Issue has persisted in every build I've downloaded since then and I'm guessing that's the same issue others that are fianally getting the Creators Update are running into as well.

Location Beyond the CoastPosts: 714 Amazing

@Kotli said:
Found them 10 gb worth....

70GB ftw...

Location Tannhauser GatePosts: 2,587 Cosmic

@Ancaruin said:

@Kotli said:
Found them 10 gb worth....

70GB ftw...

We have a winner! I had +60 GB but didn't cross 70 GB line.

And like I said, I found some huge dump files from Nov/Dec 2016 so is not only about this W10 update. The way this game handles sometimes dump files is horrible, they need to fix that too.

AssembledLocation New EnglandPosts: 498 Amazing

@bobeer86 said:

@KomoriMan said:
We are still very much aware of this issue and a resolution is in the works.

Thanks guys.

not like we haven't brought it up to your attention MONTHS ago as everyone running insider preview was aware of those ridiculous 4GB+ dump files every time game crashed when closing.....oh, wait. we did. in January.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/3999998#Comment_3999998

why even bother having tech support forum if no one checks it?

This. It is a constant, continuing, ongoing problem. Bug gets reported. Gazillion misses it because the process for reporting bugs on the forum is SO BAD. Months later it is finally noticed when the community screams again and again.

And, Gazillion still won't make an announcement that this problem exists.

WebheadLocation Over there.Posts: 1,222 Fantastic

Oh, wow... I thought it was just me having this issue. Yay for not being alone (in this rare instance).

Location Behind you...Posts: 6,313 Cosmic

@DarknessMuta said:
@AgentVapor @KomoriMan @Asros The new Windows 10 Creators Update patch is now out but it is causing the game to hang and crash when you select quit to exit the game. The Devs may want to look into these bugs and try to figure out the cause before more players end up getting this new Windows 10 update because then everyone will be experiencing it. I tried both Steam and the Launcher versions and both have the same bug.

Good thing I haven't gotten around to allowing that update through...think I will continue to wait.

FuturistPosts: 11 Mighty

@KomoriMan said:
We are still very much aware of this issue and a resolution is in the works.

Thanks guys.

I really hope "this" includes the we-cannot-even-start-the-game problem, too.

MutatedPosts: 7 New Agent

So, no workaround for this? I just reinstalled the game after so long and I find this.

gg I guess, can't even change from fullscreen to windowed because it'll crash, alt tabbing too.

Only game to have this issue with Win10's CU.

@ExceedBreak said:
So, no workaround for this? I just reinstalled the game after so long and I find this.

gg I guess, can't even change from fullscreen to windowed because it'll crash, alt tabbing too.

Run the game in fullscreen windowed mode to help with the alt tabbing issue. Just try to remember to have task manager open and end the process from that instead of using the quit game option.

@DarknessMuta said:

@ExceedBreak said:

Run the game in fullscreen windowed mode to help with the alt tabbing issue. Just try to remember to have task manager open and end the process from that instead of using the quit game option.

I just run it in fullscreen windowed mode, log off to the log in screen and instead of exiting the game, hit the windows key then the "x" on the little game window on the task bar. Except when I forget and hit exit, then I have to go in and delete that 3 + gb file. I hope there's a fix for this soon.

MutatedPosts: 7 New Agent

@DarknessMuta said:

@ExceedBreak said:

And how do I change to fullscreen windowed if its a fresh install and its set at regular Fullscreen? if I try to switch it crashes.

Location Tannhauser GatePosts: 2,587 Cosmic

@ExceedBreak said:

@DarknessMuta said:

@ExceedBreak said:

And how do I change to fullscreen windowed if its a fresh install and its set at regular Fullscreen? if I try to switch it crashes.

Alt+Enter usually works in many games to switch from full to window and viceversa. And if that doesn't work: Options\Video\Window Mode

BTW if you forget and use exit as normal you can get out of it by pressing Ctrl Alt Delete and selecting sign out. Then you just log back in as normal.

This bug is maddening. The lock up is very severe. This is the ONLY game I play that has this problem. FIX THIS GAZ!!!!!!!

@Kotli said:
BTW if you forget and use exit as normal you can get out of it by pressing Ctrl Alt Delete and selecting sign out. Then you just log back in as normal.

If you are doing that anyways, open the task manager and then just end the process.

@ExceedBreak said:

@DarknessMuta said:

@ExceedBreak said:

Hopefully someone a bit more tech savvy than I will chime in on this, but can't you just go into your config file, marvel system settings, and set Fullscreen to False? I'm not sure this is the Windows 10 creator update bug if your game is crashing when you change a video setting, though.

Location Raid MercenaryPosts: 129 Incredible

well, best part of this bug is i'm playing other games :expressionless: