Categories

Attention Heroes! We will be having a server downtime tomorrow (6/28) at 2:00PM PDT. Servers are expected to be down for 3 hours for a game update. Thank you for your understanding.
The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online with game update 2.11, and the Anniversary event continues!

Marvel Heroes Omega Console Q&A. [Updated!]

Location Probably at workPosts: 137 Incredible

@Tanthalas said:

@Fahad said:
That's like demanding the bank to transfer your 100 million Indian currency, into 100 million US $...

Not exactly the best of analogies given that banks actually do currency exchanges.

Gaz certainly could have offered a transfer, but they hardly "owed" it to players.

yeah bank do currency exchange but not currency conversion... $1 = 65 rupee... i meant that would be like converting 1 Rupee to 1 dollar... UGH! lets not derail!

but you know, being upset that they don't offer transfer is like being upset that they don't give you complementary drink. sure it will make you appreciate the place more, but that doesn't mean that the whole place is awful, besides, I'm not a designer, I don't know how much different the game will be from the PC ver. so maybe, just MAYBE, it is impossible to do that.

  • Maybe it will interfere with the trophy system the PS4 have and PS4 regulation forces that.
  • Maybe the server info cannot be obtained and transferred.
  • Maybe they are planning to put a transfer system with time but they don't want to tell you that because they see how people will rage about it not being implemented soon, and they want to make it absolutely sure that they can before telling you.
  • maybe they don't want to because they dont want to, what you gonna do bout it, huh? go make your own game company and do that.
  • maybe maybe maybe....
Posts: 353 Amazing

@Rasetsu said:

@venomeddie said:

@Rasetsu said:

@MercwithMouth82 said:
Could we get any info on how long the closed beta will last? A weekend? A week? Longer?

a lot longer than that if they want to sell those founder packs. (which are going to be the main way to participate to the beta).

Nothing gets saved in closed beta, there will be an open beta who wants to play it that bad they can't wait a few weeks?

F2P thrive on whale hunting, logically whales "shouldn't" exist because no one would want to spend that much money, and yet whales are still paying.

Yeah I get that I even think Brevik said so himself back at the start, I stopped spending when the content dried up and I don't mean heroes as they aren't content I can't be the only one to do so.

On that topic people say they spent $1000+ on this... how? I played WoW for 10+ years and that's just as bad but over 10+ years hehe.

Posts: 23 Mighty

@venomeddie said:

@taliss said:

@venomeddie said:

@disturbedghost said:
Why do all you stuck up pc gamers think everything is always about you ? Why would bringing marvel heroes to consoles even have anything to do with pc players hey are separate games that has already been stated !!! I'm sick of hearing pc gamers Oh.. My stars and garters! about it I have been part of marvel since it's closed beta , I have been waiting for it to come to console since my pc broke 2 yrs ago which is another thing I am glad to be getting it on console because there I don't have to keep upgrading in order to enjoy he game , I also have spent well over 100 bucks on pc and I don't even care that I have to do it again , so quit bitchin and let us console players enjoy marvel heroes !!!

Without the PC gamers paying for it the last 3 years it wouldn't been on console at all.... it was asked in Beta would this go to console and they had no plans on doing so...

Well it looks like they werent getting enough money hence why it came to console, more players means more money.... Why do people forget its a business

Sure its a business, but pushing your PAYing customers away with no content isn't a great business plan, when it dries up on console if it even dents it, whats next mobile just in time before the licence is up?

All this is good for is Gaz not the players. Which funny enough is how Gaz makes money.

The problem with that analogy is it was never said, anyone HAD to spend one cent

Posts: 353 Amazing

@taliss said:

@venomeddie said:

@taliss said:

@venomeddie said:

@disturbedghost said:
Why do all you stuck up pc gamers think everything is always about you ? Why would bringing marvel heroes to consoles even have anything to do with pc players hey are separate games that has already been stated !!! I'm sick of hearing pc gamers Oh.. My stars and garters! about it I have been part of marvel since it's closed beta , I have been waiting for it to come to console since my pc broke 2 yrs ago which is another thing I am glad to be getting it on console because there I don't have to keep upgrading in order to enjoy he game , I also have spent well over 100 bucks on pc and I don't even care that I have to do it again , so quit bitchin and let us console players enjoy marvel heroes !!!

Without the PC gamers paying for it the last 3 years it wouldn't been on console at all.... it was asked in Beta would this go to console and they had no plans on doing so...

Well it looks like they werent getting enough money hence why it came to console, more players means more money.... Why do people forget its a business

Sure its a business, but pushing your PAYing customers away with no content isn't a great business plan, when it dries up on console if it even dents it, whats next mobile just in time before the licence is up?

All this is good for is Gaz not the players. Which funny enough is how Gaz makes money.

The problem with that analogy is it was never said, anyone HAD to spend one cent

They way they set up the game that's not true the amount of trash droping and not stacking = stash tabs, want that OP hero? wait for days/weeks hoping for a splinter drop? or spend cash. The whole thing was set up to make you want to buy instead of trying to grind it out. Yet other companies can do F2P right make money and add content for free cough PoE, heck other F2P games offer fast ways to unlock new heroes in Paladins takes 3-4 match's to get enough gold for a new hero.

Don't give me the heart of gold speech it was set up to max the probability of people needing to spend.

Location phx azPosts: 5 New Agent

I really don't understand how you pc players think that by us console players have any affect over you it's not even the same game and yes I will give credit is where credit is due pc did pave the way for consoles to get the game , but that doesn't mean the pc game version is over smdh so quit bitchin about the console's getting the game !!!

Posts: 353 Amazing

@disturbedghost said:
I really don't understand how you pc players think that by us console players have any affect over you it's not even the same game and yes I will give credit is where credit is due pc did pave the way for consoles to get the game , but that doesn't mean the pc game version is over smdh so quit bitchin about the console's getting the game !!!

When was the last content the PC had?

Posts: 23 Mighty

@venomeddie said:

@taliss said:

@venomeddie said:

@taliss said:

@venomeddie said:

@disturbedghost said:
Why do all you stuck up pc gamers think everything is always about you ? Why would bringing marvel heroes to consoles even have anything to do with pc players hey are separate games that has already been stated !!! I'm sick of hearing pc gamers Oh.. My stars and garters! about it I have been part of marvel since it's closed beta , I have been waiting for it to come to console since my pc broke 2 yrs ago which is another thing I am glad to be getting it on console because there I don't have to keep upgrading in order to enjoy he game , I also have spent well over 100 bucks on pc and I don't even care that I have to do it again , so quit bitchin and let us console players enjoy marvel heroes !!!

Without the PC gamers paying for it the last 3 years it wouldn't been on console at all.... it was asked in Beta would this go to console and they had no plans on doing so...

Well it looks like they werent getting enough money hence why it came to console, more players means more money.... Why do people forget its a business

Sure its a business, but pushing your PAYing customers away with no content isn't a great business plan, when it dries up on console if it even dents it, whats next mobile just in time before the licence is up?

All this is good for is Gaz not the players. Which funny enough is how Gaz makes money.

The problem with that analogy is it was never said, anyone HAD to spend one cent

They way they set up the game that's not true the amount of trash droping and not stacking = stash tabs, want that OP hero? wait for days/weeks hoping for a splinter drop? or spend cash. The whole thing was set up to make you want to buy instead of trying to grind it out. Yet other companies can do F2P right make money and add content for free cough PoE, heck other F2P games offer fast ways to unlock new heroes in Paladins takes 3-4 match's to get enough gold for a new hero.

Don't give me the heart of gold speech it was set up to max the probability of people needing to spend.

And yet you still missed the point, it doesnt matter how long you had to farm you still had a choice weather or not to spend money

Posts: 353 Amazing

@taliss said:

@venomeddie said:

@taliss said:

@venomeddie said:

@taliss said:

@venomeddie said:

@disturbedghost said:
Why do all you stuck up pc gamers think everything is always about you ? Why would bringing marvel heroes to consoles even have anything to do with pc players hey are separate games that has already been stated !!! I'm sick of hearing pc gamers Oh.. My stars and garters! about it I have been part of marvel since it's closed beta , I have been waiting for it to come to console since my pc broke 2 yrs ago which is another thing I am glad to be getting it on console because there I don't have to keep upgrading in order to enjoy he game , I also have spent well over 100 bucks on pc and I don't even care that I have to do it again , so quit bitchin and let us console players enjoy marvel heroes !!!

Without the PC gamers paying for it the last 3 years it wouldn't been on console at all.... it was asked in Beta would this go to console and they had no plans on doing so...

Well it looks like they werent getting enough money hence why it came to console, more players means more money.... Why do people forget its a business

Sure its a business, but pushing your PAYing customers away with no content isn't a great business plan, when it dries up on console if it even dents it, whats next mobile just in time before the licence is up?

All this is good for is Gaz not the players. Which funny enough is how Gaz makes money.

The problem with that analogy is it was never said, anyone HAD to spend one cent

They way they set up the game that's not true the amount of trash droping and not stacking = stash tabs, want that OP hero? wait for days/weeks hoping for a splinter drop? or spend cash. The whole thing was set up to make you want to buy instead of trying to grind it out. Yet other companies can do F2P right make money and add content for free cough PoE, heck other F2P games offer fast ways to unlock new heroes in Paladins takes 3-4 match's to get enough gold for a new hero.

Don't give me the heart of gold speech it was set up to max the probability of people needing to spend.

And yet you still missed the point, it doesnt matter how long you had to farm you still had a choice weather or not to spend money

lol whatever you think, Gaz didn't design the game that way if you think other wise that's your opinion you know mine.

Posts: 167 Incredible

@venomeddie said:

@taliss said:

@venomeddie said:

@taliss said:

@venomeddie said:

@disturbedghost said:
Why do all you stuck up pc gamers think everything is always about you ? Why would bringing marvel heroes to consoles even have anything to do with pc players hey are separate games that has already been stated !!! I'm sick of hearing pc gamers Oh.. My stars and garters! about it I have been part of marvel since it's closed beta , I have been waiting for it to come to console since my pc broke 2 yrs ago which is another thing I am glad to be getting it on console because there I don't have to keep upgrading in order to enjoy he game , I also have spent well over 100 bucks on pc and I don't even care that I have to do it again , so quit bitchin and let us console players enjoy marvel heroes !!!

Without the PC gamers paying for it the last 3 years it wouldn't been on console at all.... it was asked in Beta would this go to console and they had no plans on doing so...

Well it looks like they werent getting enough money hence why it came to console, more players means more money.... Why do people forget its a business

Sure its a business, but pushing your PAYing customers away with no content isn't a great business plan, when it dries up on console if it even dents it, whats next mobile just in time before the licence is up?

All this is good for is Gaz not the players. Which funny enough is how Gaz makes money.

The problem with that analogy is it was never said, anyone HAD to spend one cent

They way they set up the game that's not true the amount of trash droping and not stacking = stash tabs, want that OP hero? wait for days/weeks hoping for a splinter drop? or spend cash. The whole thing was set up to make you want to buy instead of trying to grind it out. Yet other companies can do F2P right make money and add content for free cough PoE, heck other F2P games offer fast ways to unlock new heroes in Paladins takes 3-4 match's to get enough gold for a new hero.

Don't give me the heart of gold speech it was set up to max the probability of people needing to spend.

You hardly needed to pay cash to unlock any hero or team-up buyable with splinters. My brother has them all, and the only one he bought was Wolverine way back when Gaz gave out G's to correct an issue shortly after the game was released.

His money went to stash tabs and costumes.

Posts: 11 Mighty

@KomoriMan are other country going to get the founder pack too like Italy or Australia?

Thanks

GuardianLocation My CouchPosts: 607 Amazing

@KomoriMan So no ultimate founders pack?
:(

Location The DeadhutPosts: 222 Amazing

@KomoriMan any info on how the couch co-op will work in terms of accounts? Will local players be under the same account or does each player have his/her own account?

Pro FounderPosts: 1,366 Fantastic

One month of beta strikes me as... ahem ... pretty optimistic unless the version released on PS4 has vastly less bugs than the current PC live version given Sony's attitude towards QA.

Location The DeadhutPosts: 222 Amazing

@MichaelKell said:
One month of beta strikes me as... ahem ... pretty optimistic unless the version released on PS4 has vastly less bugs than the current PC live version given Sony's attitude towards QA.

One month of closed beta. Open beta should continue well beyond that.

Posts: 2,944 Cosmic
edited April 19

@KomoriMan said:
Our CEO has stated that the PC version will continue to be supported. We have GotG Vol 2 content coming and our leads/directors is working on finalizing a overall content plan for PC.

I know it sucks that we can't give any finalized details right now but know that it is coming.

It's not even about details, even the general guidelines still are not communicated (Bosses and mobs update devblog). The item design team has been focused on the console version (with a new set of stats and a whole different itemization as it has been mentionned by @Asros) even though the PC version is also in dire need of a revamp regarding the whole item system to take into account the shift to the Archetype system (and even before the archetype system some item slots already needed a revamp, some since launch even like the whole rune system).

The itemization game on console is completely different than PC. I'm really happy with how it is turning out. Item progression (including a new, non omega rarity) really matters as you progress through the difficulty slider. Items matter a lot more than they used to. Lots of new keywords, procs, etc. Super exiting stuff :)

.

When it comes to itemization, imany of the new aspects have already been released on pc. Many during BUE, some more recent(changes to white > cosmic items). We took the systems that we could cleanly move to pc and have done so already. Once we have not done are because the console experience has been designed as a brand new experience. Why does this matter?

Dealing with item conversion on pc is an incredibly complex issue. We don't have to deal with that on console, which makes implementation easier and quicker. In the event we would move the new itemization systems to pc, a decent amount of item conversion engineering, testing and iteration would need to be done.

True BelieverLocation Massachussetts USAPosts: 561 Amazing

@KomoriMan said:

@MonkeyJoe1 said:
How much are each Founder's Pack?

I know it sucks that we can't give any finalized details right now but know that it is coming.

@Chuglug said:
I made a post about this earlier. Someone suggested I post it here. Are there any features exclusive to the PS4 Pro? I know all games are required to do so, but I'm not sure about non boxed games.

There isn't currently any support with PS4 Pro. Not sure which F2P games have Pro support.

@MercwithMouth82 said:
Could we get any info on how long the closed beta will last? A weekend? A week? Longer?

ESO is 4K

GuardianLocation The RaccooniversePosts: 6,986 Cosmic
edited April 19

@KomoriMan said:

@MonkeyJoe1 said:
How much are each Founder's Pack?

We have a pack for Deadpool & Spiderman which will be 19.99 USD, Guardians pack for 39.99 USD, X-men & Avengers pack for 59.99 USD.

Thanks! I was wondering that, too. Guardians is more my theme but might have to get the Deadpool & Spider-Man one - closer to what I can afford right now. Really, it doesn't matter which one I got, I'd be just buying it for the Beta access - gonna be aiming for 100 percent Rocket Raccoon playtime on console.

Edit P.S.: That's presuming XB1 will have the same packs/prices whenever it happens (because that is what I will be playing on)

Posts: 23 Mighty
edited April 19

@venomeddie said:

@disturbedghost said:
I really don't understand how you pc players think that by us console players have any affect over you it's not even the same game and yes I will give credit is where credit is due pc did pave the way for consoles to get the game , but that doesn't mean the pc game version is over smdh so quit bitchin about the console's getting the game !!!

When was the last content the PC had?

That still doesnt explain what that has to do with people complaining about console version where was all this talk in the what did people say.... The last 9 months tgeres been no major update.... if a console release nets more revenue for them to create more content for all tgree versions why complain just wait and see or dont wait and stop complaining or just take the L and quit playing all together hell better yet try and create a forum for the pc gamers to vent but jeebus christ please like Elsa said let it go

Posts: 23 Mighty

@venomeddie said:

@taliss said:

@venomeddie said:

@taliss said:

@venomeddie said:

@taliss said:

@venomeddie said:

@disturbedghost said:
Why do all you stuck up pc gamers think everything is always about you ? Why would bringing marvel heroes to consoles even have anything to do with pc players hey are separate games that has already been stated !!! I'm sick of hearing pc gamers Oh.. My stars and garters! about it I have been part of marvel since it's closed beta , I have been waiting for it to come to console since my pc broke 2 yrs ago which is another thing I am glad to be getting it on console because there I don't have to keep upgrading in order to enjoy he game , I also have spent well over 100 bucks on pc and I don't even care that I have to do it again , so quit bitchin and let us console players enjoy marvel heroes !!!

Without the PC gamers paying for it the last 3 years it wouldn't been on console at all.... it was asked in Beta would this go to console and they had no plans on doing so...

Well it looks like they werent getting enough money hence why it came to console, more players means more money.... Why do people forget its a business

Sure its a business, but pushing your PAYing customers away with no content isn't a great business plan, when it dries up on console if it even dents it, whats next mobile just in time before the licence is up?

All this is good for is Gaz not the players. Which funny enough is how Gaz makes money.

The problem with that analogy is it was never said, anyone HAD to spend one cent

They way they set up the game that's not true the amount of trash droping and not stacking = stash tabs, want that OP hero? wait for days/weeks hoping for a splinter drop? or spend cash. The whole thing was set up to make you want to buy instead of trying to grind it out. Yet other companies can do F2P right make money and add content for free cough PoE, heck other F2P games offer fast ways to unlock new heroes in Paladins takes 3-4 match's to get enough gold for a new hero.

Don't give me the heart of gold speech it was set up to max the probability of people needing to spend.

And yet you still missed the point, it doesnt matter how long you had to farm you still had a choice weather or not to spend money

lol whatever you think, Gaz didn't design the game that way if you think other wise that's your opinion you know mine.

It is my opinion but im also not the one in an uproar complaining

Sign In or Register to comment.