Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are up and running. Thank you for your patience.

GOTG2 Costume sort of spoiled! 18m51s

Location Shooting guns next to gods and legendsPosts: 7,155 Cosmic
edited April 18

@Briard @Leowyld And Raccoonatics

There isn't much shown, but he says you will get a baby Groot with the costume. So, that's pretty neat!

I hope there will be new content to conquer/explore when the costume drops so I will have an excuse to log in!

18m 51s in is when they scroll over the costume and talk about baby Groot.

GuardianLocation The RaccooniversePosts: 6,936 Cosmic
edited April 18

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great costume! (But also sad a number of his costumes didn't make the transition. No v2 Red/Blue - his current default and one of my faves, No 1985 Green... No Office Attire?! :( D'ast it! Fought hard to get that costume back in the day. Would've loved to see it on console. But I also fought hard for permanent Groot back in the day... and... well...)

Edit P.S.: I suspected not all costumes would make it, but every costume that is pre-NOW v1, anything Mantlo or DnA eras, is gone. The oldest costume included is from 2013, Rocket was introduced in 1976.

Got a response on the Twitters, it seems the costumes that didn't make it were largely because of outdated visuals and some are due for visual updates before they are ready for console. (And, yes, the PC version will get those VU's, too!)

So... good news. Now I can celebrate how good the new costume looks... because it really does! Looks even better than the first MCU one (and that one still looks awesome!)

edited April 19

@Leowyld said:
Got a response on the Twitters, it seems the costumes that didn't make it were largely because of outdated visuals and some are due for visual updates before they are ready for console. (And, yes, the PC version will get those VU's, too!)

So... good news. Now I can celebrate how good the new costume looks... because it really does! Looks even better than the first MCU one (and that one still looks awesome!)

Well... Considering how terrible the Modern costume VU was, I'm almost hoping they wouldn't and also because those are rather comic correct.

edited April 19

@Sinikettu said:

Well... Considering how terrible the Modern costume VU was, I'm almost hoping they wouldn't and also because those are rather comic correct.

The Modern costume didn't have a visual update. Guardians of the Galaxy NOW did and I think it looks great! That's subjective, of course, but I had seen only positive reactions to the VU before yours.

CovertPosts: 2,199 Cosmic

i like the new costume, but turning the groot summon into baby groot makes it a no-buy for me. baby groot is cute as a pet, but i want full sized groot as my summon.

ah well, im sure a lot of people will buy the costume BECAUSE of baby groot, so i guess ill be happy for them while i wait for the modern/v2 costume to get a VU.

@wardrb said:
i like the new costume, but turning the groot summon into baby groot makes it a no-buy for me. baby groot is cute as a pet, but i want full sized groot as my summon.

ah well, im sure a lot of people will buy the costume BECAUSE of baby groot, so i guess ill be happy for them while i wait for the modern/v2 costume to get a VU.

Yeah, I wonder how baby/summon Groot stuff will work out. Let alone, will anyone like it if that do that. My assumption is it's partially already done so they know how they are doing it, but aren't sharing that info with us on purpose.

@TheDink care to give us the scoop? Or who worked on that one?

@TheDink said:
@Payneshu: Baby Groot was done by @Pilgrym.

Do we know if Baby Groot is the summoned Groot replacement? How big will he be?

If you can't share, that's cool, but inquiring minds want to know! lol

True BelieverPosts: 3,123 Cosmic

Is the Baby Groot dealy why that costume is labeled Enhanced?

@Leowyld said:

@Sinikettu said:

The Modern costume didn't have a visual update. Guardians of the Galaxy NOW did and I think it looks great! That's subjective, of course, but I had seen only positive reactions to the VU before yours.

You haven't really looked at how unfinished the textures are then, if you think the result as okay? Especially his tail is just horrid mess. The original doesn't have that many polygons either but at least it didn't look like its been dipped into glue jar.

@TheDink said:
No clue guys, not my dept, sorry.

Thanks for the reply, regardless!

@Payneshu said:

Pretty sure baby groot is just a pet like potted groot.

@KomoriMan said:

So you can expect new costumes, team-ups, quite possibly the cutest pet, and more~

edited April 19

@Sinikettu said:

You haven't really looked at how unfinished the textures are then, if you think the result as okay? Especially his tail is just horrid mess. The original doesn't have that many polygons either but at least it didn't look like its been dipped into glue jar.

Not just ok. I think I looks very good. And I have looked at it zoomed in. Like I said, it's subjective. I'm not going to agree it looks terrible, ever, because I legitimately think the opposite. And I know, for a fact, I am not alone in that opinion.

Actually the coop is one thing I would love to do. Thats what I miss about Marvel Ultimate Alliance. But I guess there will be no conversion of the accounts to the other platform.

edited April 19

@Zephanyah said:
Actually the coop is one thing I would love to do. Thats what I miss about Marvel Ultimate Alliance. But I guess there will be no conversion of the accounts to the other platform.

It's been confirmed in a few places that nothing will transfer. Me, I'm ok with that. I've been playing since launch, so a fresh start is like an exciting adventure for me. But I can understand why some are unhappy about that.

@leozar said:

@Payneshu said:

Pretty sure baby groot is just a pet like potted groot.

@KomoriMan said:

So you can expect new costumes, team-ups, quite possibly the cutest pet, and more~

It's both, they have said during one of the PS4 preview that the GOTG2 RR costume would summon baby groot instead of regular movie groot.

@Leowyld said:

@Sinikettu said:

Not just ok. I think I looks very good. And I have looked at it zoomed in. Like I said, it's subjective. I'm not going to agree it looks terrible, ever, because I legitimately think the opposite. And I know, for a fact, I am not alone in that opinion.

Are we looking at the same model? because that's quantifiable bad textures in Rocket raccoon Marvel Now-costume. Do I need to link a screenshot for you to see what it looks like in-game. The preview picture at the store is fine, the actual character costume in game is not.

@Sinikettu said:

Are we looking at the same model? because that's quantifiable bad textures in Rocket raccoon Marvel Now-costume. Do I need to link a screenshot for you to see what it looks like in-game. The preview picture at the store is fine, the actual character costume in game is not.

Yes, we are looking at the same model. Was using the costume today, in fact. Used it for a couple weeks straight after the VU released.