Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online with game update 2.11, and the Anniversary event continues!

Omega items on console?

@Wizdumb said:

@Asros said:

@JamesBarnes said:

@Asros said:

@leopardwing said:

@Asros said:

@Rainbird said:
Will omega items been in the beta this Friday? The answer will greatly sway if I want to purchase a founders pack or not. @Asros

No, omega items and difficulty are not in at launch.

dang, right now alot of things in game are being held up by omega, don't really feel like doing alot of things except leveling up infinity because alot of the stuff will get superceded by the omega tier and items.

The itemization game on console is completely different than PC. I'm really happy with how it is turning out. Item progression (including a new, non omega rarity) really matters as you progress through the difficulty slider. Items matter a lot more than they used to. Lots of new keywords, procs, etc. Super exiting stuff :)

So what I'm getting is that Omega items for PC won't be the same as Omega for consoles, meaning they aren't in parallel development, in which case even longer development time.

I didn't say this at all.

Isn't this what this is all about? The fact that you guys aren't saying anything, only thing anyone can do is jump to conclusions.

were all a bit frustrated, but lets not acuse untill there is something concrete.

@Lux said:

@Asros said:

@iNobleKnight said:

@Asros said:

@Rainbird said:
Will omega items been in the beta this Friday? The answer will greatly sway if I want to purchase a founders pack or not. @Asros

Can you tell us if there is the same Prestige system?

For closed beta on friday? Yes. However, we're currently working on updating it to not require an item and to grant some new and different rewards.

I thought that the prestige is just for fun, for guys who love the character, not for rewards, at least that's what you were saying before this whole PS4 announcement, but i see that PS4 is already treated like a better child, so i understand that there just have to be "different rewards".

Except when they talked about removing prestige costumes from the PC version, they also said they would have other rewards to replace it with.

@Kamenev said:
I think it is best to not say anything than to say what you are saying.

Well, it is lose-lose scenerio for Gaz.
I mean they were doing exactly that but our charming community went with 'why you not comunicating with us at all'.

@whynot said:

@Kamenev said:
I think it is best to not say anything than to say what you are saying.

Well, it is lose-lose scenerio for Gaz.
I mean they were doing exactly that but our charming community went with 'why you not comunicating with us at all'.

I don't think you should have cut the rest of the quote :

I think it is best to not say anything than to say what you are saying. Actions are louder than words. Saying that you are working on PC stuff, but have no new content for over a year... they are just words in the wind.

The problem is not only that they have nothing to say, but that on top of that they have nothing to show either. At one point you have to show something, you have to back up what you have said.

Also :

@Rasetsu said:

@Asros said:
There are many things we can talk about, many things we cant for different reasons.

takes a deep breath

And what about the Bosses and mobs update devblog ? Is it still planned ? It was supposed to be released in december, then in early february, then "closer to march" and now no real news. (only that @Komoriman was going to try to whip @TheartofRawr to make him write it but it has been a few weeks since that statement).

I can understand the "We won't speak until the infos are 100% confirmed" stance you have adopted but you still not being sure about the general guidelines of the update isn't really reassuring.

And as I have said previously in another thread, the fact that they have worked on a different set of stats for the console items. (Magic damage and sword damages for example on some video preview) but that they won't change how the PC system works means that it will encumber even more the design process because the already small team will have to truely create distinct items for both version. They don't even work the same way conceptually wise, they don't obey the same set of rules.

We are in dire need of items rework for a lot of item slot to take into account the archetype system (most items have been designed before, and even then some were already badly designed such as pretty much the whole rune system which as pretty much dead on arrival).

@Asros said:

@iNobleKnight said:

@Asros said:

@Rainbird said:

Can you tell us if there is the same Prestige system?

For closed beta on friday? Yes. However, we're currently working on updating it to not require an item and to grant some new and different rewards.

That sounds kinda interesting, anything you have in mind? Anything you can sharE?

Anybody think that they are playing things close to the vest due to the fact pc is so far ahead of console right now. Console has alot of catching up to do as far as content. Gaz maybe under legal obligations not to announce their next big content release until an official announcement that FF, Doom, and Surfer are about to join the MCU. (Lol Wishful thinking) Just heard Marvel has the big hall at San Diego this year. Would make sense if they've struck a deal for Infinity War placing Surfer into the Sanctum Santorum when Thanos starts making his move. :smiley: