Categories

Attention Heroes! We will be having a server downtime tomorrow (6/28) at 2:00PM PDT. Servers are expected to be down for 3 hours for a game update. Thank you for your understanding.
The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online with game update 2.11, and the Anniversary event continues!

Omega items on console?

CovertLocation Stuck in an Alabama Hot PocketPosts: 29 Mighty

Will omega items been in the beta this Friday? The answer will greatly sway if I want to purchase a founders pack or not. @Asros

@Asros said:

@Rainbird said:
Will omega items been in the beta this Friday? The answer will greatly sway if I want to purchase a founders pack or not. @Asros

No, omega items and difficulty are not in at launch.

Can you tell us if there is the same Prestige system?

@Asros said:

@Rainbird said:

dang, right now alot of things in game are being held up by omega, don't really feel like doing alot of things except leveling up infinity because alot of the stuff will get superceded by the omega tier and items.

CovertLocation Stuck in an Alabama Hot PocketPosts: 29 Mighty

Thanks for the quick reply!

@Asros said:

@leopardwing said:

@Asros said:

@Rainbird said:

dang, right now alot of things in game are being held up by omega, don't really feel like doing alot of things except leveling up infinity because alot of the stuff will get superceded by the omega tier and items.

The itemization game on console is completely different than PC. I'm really happy with how it is turning out. Item progression (including a new, non omega rarity) really matters as you progress through the difficulty slider. Items matter a lot more than they used to. Lots of new keywords, procs, etc. Super exiting stuff :)

will some of those get transfered over to the PC? :>

Location Patiently waiting for Silk.Posts: 139 Incredible

@jacaribray said:
So is this new and exciting itemization coming to pc?

Maybe in 2099 the technology will be advanced enough to implement these for PC, but I doubt it.

Location San Francisco, CAPosts: 545 Amazing

@leopardwing said:

@Asros said:

@leopardwing said:

@Asros said:

@Rainbird said:

The itemization game on console is completely different than PC. I'm really happy with how it is turning out. Item progression (including a new, non omega rarity) really matters as you progress through the difficulty slider. Items matter a lot more than they used to. Lots of new keywords, procs, etc. Super exiting stuff :)

will some of those get transfered over to the PC? :>

Don't hold your breath.

@Asros any chance we can have a word about the idea behind having different items for PC and console ?

Location Out farming a COSMIC Kool-Aid Man Was Right T-shirtPosts: 1,838 Fantastic

@Asros Will the PS4 game have an offline or semi-offline option, similar to Diablo 3 on PS4?

@Asros said:

@leopardwing said:

@Asros said:

@Rainbird said:

Thats annoying, PC has been clamoring for change to itemization for years and sweet console got it but PC is still in the dark. Awesome for them

Location It says fun, But i mean lol/disagreePosts: 4,798 Cosmic

@Asros said:

@iNobleKnight said:

@Asros said:

@Rainbird said:

Can you tell us if there is the same Prestige system?

For closed beta on friday? Yes. However, we're currently working on updating it to not require an item and to grant some new and different rewards.

I didn't even prestige for the costumes. I cant even fathom what you will replace it with, that will make me want to prestige.

Location Symbiote-Infested BrisbanePosts: 578 Amazing

Wait, so Marvel Heroes Omega won't launch with Omega stuff?

@Asros said:

@leopardwing said:

@Asros said:

@Rainbird said:

yeah this is where I get very nervous about the future of the PC game (combined with the previous comment about no plans for costume closet, etc). because this sounds like it's going to be a very different game. it's not like it's going to get more cost effective to implement the costume closet for PC as time goes on. It's never going to be more cost effective to fix the broke down PC version when there's a shiny new console you can add fun features to.

And if the itemization is entirely different, that means double the dev time balancing items in each version of the game, so at some point I feel like we're just going to get left behind because it's not cost effective to try to fix the PC itemization with all the legacy items and people complaining about having to regear yet again, etc.

I'm not saying the PC stuff is going to shut off entirely now that there's console stuff, but I feel like it's going to slow and if the console picks up steam (heh) (and I hope it does, I wish you guys the best, I really do), PC updates will slow gradually and in a few years all we'll get is the cosmetic art updates that are more easily translated between the two platforms. That's my fear. hopefully won't come true.