Categories

Maintenance is complete and the Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Gambit or Hulk?

Location Somewhere doing somethingPosts: 3,166 Cosmic

@dennisgale said:
Moon Knight.
Because beating the Oh.. My stars and garters! out of thugs/supervillains/Surtur while wearing white so they'd know you're coming.
Also, don't play the ranged build while @wotrick is around. All would not be well.

I played it once while he was around and nothing happened.

Hulk is slightly more fun to level, although Gambit is fun too. I would lean Hulk as Gambit has an annoying bug with his Batter Up power, which is a shame because it's really cool and powerful. If Gambit was fixed, he could be the better choice because you can play him ranged and melee.

Location NCPosts: 231 Amazing

I enjoyed both the characters but I definitely like Gambit more. I haven't touched Hulk since leveling him and, honestly, I forgot I even had him.

I think Gambit lost a bit of something after BUE; he doesn't feel quite as mobile now. Nevertheless, if you liked him as a kid because of the TV show (which is why I liked him, but you didn't mention it so I didn't want to assume) then you will probably like him in game. His powers seem right on the money and I always felt like I was actually playing Gambit.

His signature still kinda sucks and wish Bo Vault had a talent that gave it charges, but I was using him in some danger room scenarios last night and it was a lot of fun.

If you want to be somewhat happy, I'd suggest Hulk.
I own Gambit and I love the character since I saw him on the 90's cartoon, BUT HE JUST SUCKS

Gambit! He is super fun

Location When you know, it's already too late. Posts: 823 Amazing

@zWolfiez said:
What was that @wotrick ? Buff ranged Moon Knight so more people play him? I'm on it! :)

lmaooo.. I'm rolling over here.

Location UndisclosedPosts: 189 Incredible

@zWolfiez said:
What was that @wotrick ? Buff ranged Moon Knight so more people play him? I'm on it! :)

Say that again, I dare you.

AceLocation The TARDISPosts: 1,265 Fantastic

I would say Gambit, I really like his hybrid style of play plus he has two of the best costumes in-game (Hint: Shirtless!) though I have not really played Hulk much since BUE, so I cannot really comment.

MutatedLocation 616Posts: 3,534 Uncanny
edited March 20

Both are good in their own way. Gambit is a bit more showy with the visuals so if that entertains you go with him, want a punch them in the face till they are dead and broke go with Hulk. either are fun for me depending on my mood, like right now Id like to punch a lot of stuff over and over.

Location I'm not the second coming, I'm the first wave.Posts: 10,224 Cosmic

Hulk Rider

Location Retired SuperheroPosts: 837 Amazing

@zWolfiez said:
What was that @wotrick ? Buff Gambit so more people play him? I'm on it! :)

FTFY!

@Bluemyst said:
Really having a tough time choosing between these two. I have 900G left. I was also thinking Nova but I really don't know about him and loved Gambit as a kid. Can anyone help me? Are any of these objectively more fun than the others?

Gambit is more versatile in that you can play a melee, a range, or a hybrid build. All 3 are way fun though (Nova is amazing).

Location SoCalPosts: 1,550 Fantastic

@Bluemyst said:
Really having a tough time choosing between these two. I have 900G left. I was also thinking Nova but I really don't know about him and loved Gambit as a kid. Can anyone help me? Are any of these objectively more fun than the others?

if you have 900Gs left, you don't have to choose...you just have to wait ;)
Wait until the 50% off sale and get both.

If you don't want to wait, since you loved Gambit, get him first. He is fun, flashy and well...Gambit. Then you can get Hulk afterwards.

The differences objectively is Hulk does some jumping and stomping and punching...so up close melee kinda gameplay.

Gambit can do some melee but with his staff. He also can fight ranged with his cards.

Location 3 fingers of scotch and 3 fingers in my ****Posts: 7,530 Cosmic

@zWolfiez said:

Well played. To morrow I show up at your job to kick you square in the nards.

anytime I see an opportunity to shoehorn a Monster Squad reference and gif I'm gonna take it.

True BelieverPosts: 861 Amazing

I too was under the impression that Gambit lacked in damage and survivability,but the BUE has put him in a pretty good situation.
After the BUE I spent time gearing abd playing every hero, some more than others,Gambit was one I glossed over
thinking he hadn't changed much from pre-update, and while that's somewhat true.
I recently revisited playing him and found him to be very effective,and very entertaining to play with a melee build which the update seems to have been kind to.

Location I'm not the second coming, I'm the first wave.Posts: 10,224 Cosmic

@wotrick said:

@zWolfiez said:

Well played. To morrow I show up at your job to kick you square in the nards.

anytime I see an opportunity to shoehorn a Monster Squad reference and gif I'm gonna take it.

In hindsight, I suppose I would have said "As a child of the 90s who liked the X-Men, Gambit was a pretty cool guy. But Hulk is cool too."