Categories

The Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online with game update 2.11, and the Anniversary event continues!

[Feedback Request] Gambit Feedback

I'm a bit lazy to rewrite the long feedback i did in the previous post, so i'll just link my current setup : marvelheroes.info/build/2995/
Most of the bugs / changes to has already been said here. Your turn to act Gaz ! :P

Location Summoner's RiftPosts: 346 Amazing

Apologies if this ends up being a double post...Vanilla forums devoured my first post

Received a dev response to a few bugs:

@zWolfiez said: Hi there. Hopefully I can give some insight as to why nothing has happened regarding these.

Ace Of Spades - This is purely a cosmetic oversight that has no bearing on gameplay. So while it is on the list to get fixed, gameplay-related bugs and issues takes priority.

Sounds good, was just trying to get it to the list.

Shuffle Up And Deal - This is the current design of the talent, though I apologize if it is not clear in the talent. Please make a post in the Gambit forum if you feel Gambit would be really improved by allowing you to have multiple areas active. Keep in mind that having enemies will only take damage from one area, so overlapping them will have no effect.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it would really improve Gambit but it would at least be an improvement. Otherwise the talent technically has a 4s cool down which I feel is less appealing.

Jacks or Better - The explosion should be triggering on every five activations of Wild Card and Dead Man's Hand, in any combination (3-2, 2-3, alternating one then the other). I'll make a note to reword the tooltip to better explain it, as well as look into if it is truly ten activations as you say once the servers come back up and if so, figure out what changed between what we see internally and what made it into the game.

Any combination... as in 5-0 should work too? Is alternating WC and DMH required for the talent activate? Basically, my tests were performed continually using one ability. I noticed that DMH activates every 5th attack (as expected) and will continue to do so compared to WC that activates after its first 5 attacks (as expected) but then bugs out and requires 10 attacks there after. Allowing the counter to expire resets the process.

When it comes to bug reports, I can only do much in a given patch. Since much of these are cosmetic/clarification issues, we may not get to them as quickly as some others.

I completely understand and thank you for taking the time to reply and looking into these @zWolfiez. Hoping Remy gets some post-BUE updates here soon. :)

@squeeze said:
Apologies if this ends up being a double post...Vanilla forums devoured my first post

Received a dev response to a few bugs:

@zWolfiez said: Hi there. Hopefully I can give some insight as to why nothing has happened regarding these.

Ace Of Spades - This is purely a cosmetic oversight that has no bearing on gameplay. So while it is on the list to get fixed, gameplay-related bugs and issues takes priority.

Sounds good, was just trying to get it to the list.

Shuffle Up And Deal - This is the current design of the talent, though I apologize if it is not clear in the talent. Please make a post in the Gambit forum if you feel Gambit would be really improved by allowing you to have multiple areas active. Keep in mind that having enemies will only take damage from one area, so overlapping them will have no effect.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it would really improve Gambit but it would at least be an improvement. Otherwise the talent technically has a 4s cool down which I feel is less appealing.

Jacks or Better - The explosion should be triggering on every five activations of Wild Card and Dead Man's Hand, in any combination (3-2, 2-3, alternating one then the other). I'll make a note to reword the tooltip to better explain it, as well as look into if it is truly ten activations as you say once the servers come back up and if so, figure out what changed between what we see internally and what made it into the game.

Any combination... as in 5-0 should work too? Is alternating WC and DMH required for the talent activate? Basically, my tests were performed continually using one ability. I noticed that DMH activates every 5th attack (as expected) and will continue to do so compared to WC that activates after its first 5 attacks (as expected) but then bugs out and requires 10 attacks there after. Allowing the counter to expire resets the process.

When it comes to bug reports, I can only do much in a given patch. Since much of these are cosmetic/clarification issues, we may not get to them as quickly as some others.

I completely understand and thank you for taking the time to reply and looking into these @zWolfiez. Hoping Remy gets some post-BUE updates here soon. :)

Thanks for the feedback <3

GazillionLocation Behind the CurtainPosts: 207 Staff

Howdy there. Just wanted to clarify something. The explosion effect from Jacks or Better should occur every five Wild Cards, every five Dead Man's Hands, and any combination in between. This is the behavior I see on our internal builds, so I need to figure out why it's not the same for you. Apologies that it's not working as intended, but I'll look into it as soon as I can.

Location Summoner's RiftPosts: 346 Amazing

@zWolfiez said:
Howdy there. Just wanted to clarify something. The explosion effect from Jacks or Better should occur every five Wild Cards, every five Dead Man's Hands, and any combination in between. This is the behavior I see on our internal builds, so I need to figure out why it's not the same for you. Apologies that it's not working as intended, but I'll look into it as soon as I can.

Howdy Wolfie! I was able to do some further testing and can confirm the Wild Card bug to still be present on Jacks or Better. I did however find that the bug appears to be reliant on holding down (continually casting) Wild Card uninterrupted. If, for any reason, you stop casting Wild Card it seems to work and activates every 5 attacks.

Thanks again for looking into this and keeping us updated. :)

True BelieverPosts: 2,575 Cosmic

@zWolfiez said:

Be careful running your tests on your internal servers though. I had a bug that I complained about for ages that was not bugging on your internal servers. It was only once the person started looking at the live servers that they saw the bug and got it fixed.

Location Chillin' with Sponge BobPosts: 2,183 Fantastic

Copy Paste from TC thread so it does not get lost completely.

Here, still patiently waiting for changes. As other said, feels like deja vu. Even though there are only a handful of faithful gambit players still around and some newer faces we have always tried our best to provide detailed feedback and suggestions. Most of the time a few get heard, changed drastically and the rest get pushed aside only to be brought up again in a future feedback thread.

I'm in no rush for changes as I know they have their hands full. I do however expect/hope our voices are heard and some significant improves can be seen in the future.

Things I expect:

• Fully reworked Ultimate. Preferably New Son inspired. Most importantly it needs to be Ultimate and get a considerable increase in damage.

• Extensive rework on Gambit's Kinetic Energy mechanic. Currently it feels more like a hindrance with no value. I feel I spend more time without the KE buffs than with them as melee. KE cost's need to be reduced, we need at least one skill for both melee and ranged that gives a significant increase to KE to balance the losses better.

• Changes to Bo Vault to allow charges and remove the cooldown. Preferably also the addition of variable distance so we do not have to run back to the target whenever we use BV. The skill is mostly broken in its current state.

• Improvements to how Sig functions including invulnerability, possible target lock or increase in Area to improve Sig connection with intended target.

Things I would like to see:

• New strong single target (or small AoE) melee power - a kick or something else to give more variation on his melee kit. Currently I feel Gambit relies to heavily on AoE with very little powers that make you feel you can substantially damage a boss.

@Fishheadman said:
Copy Paste from TC thread so it does not get lost completely.

Here, still patiently waiting for changes. As other said, feels like deja vu. Even though there are only a handful of faithful gambit players still around and some newer faces we have always tried our best to provide detailed feedback and suggestions. Most of the time a few get heard, changed drastically and the rest get pushed aside only to be brought up again in a future feedback thread.

I'm in no rush for changes as I know they have their hands full. I do however expect/hope our voices are heard and some significant improves can be seen in the future.

Things I expect:

• Fully reworked Ultimate. Preferably New Son inspired. Most importantly it needs to be Ultimate and get a considerable increase in damage.

• Extensive rework on Gambit's Kinetic Energy mechanic. Currently it feels more like a hindrance with no value. I feel I spend more time without the KE buffs than with them as melee. KE cost's need to be reduced, we need at least one skill for both melee and ranged that gives a significant increase to KE to balance the losses better.

• Changes to Bo Vault to allow charges and remove the cooldown. Preferably also the addition of variable distance so we do not have to run back to the target whenever we use BV. The skill is mostly broken in its current state.

• Improvements to how Sig functions including invulnerability, possible target lock or increase in Area to improve Sig connection with intended target.

Things I would like to see:

• New strong single target (or small AoE) melee power - a kick or something else to give more variation on his melee kit. Currently I feel Gambit relies to heavily on AoE with very little powers that make you feel you can substantially damage a boss.

I agree on all this but...

he needs a lot more..

• defense buff when use for example powers like flod'em
  • better defense options from his traits
  • Better damage from some of his ranged powers, some of them that even has a cooldown on them has really crappy damage for a cooldown power.
  • speed up the travel speed on his cards, cause they misses often on moving targets. It is so slow now that even if you have the target locked, from when the card leaves his hand to hit its target, if the target moves during that time it misses.That goes for more or less all his ranged powers.
  • Old raging cajun visual and the bonus it gave back.
  • Bug fixes, and yes... as reported he now has some major bugs.

I really do hope Gambit is next in line after the current heroes getting reworked. He was mid tier pre BUE but tons of fun to play, not to mention my favorite character in the Marvel Universe. Right now I do not find him enjoyable to play. It seems the bad parts pre BUE were retained to go along with bad changes.

He feels very clunky to play, especially as melee/hybrid. I would love to see the melee and ranged bonuses taken off of Bo Vault and Royal Flush and moved to the talent tree. Neither one is something you would work into a rotation in their current iterations. Bo Vault is particularly troublesome since it takes you out of range of your target and you are forced to use a charge of Good Times Roll. If you get in trouble you might need all 3 charges, especially since his defensive tools are nonexistent.

His defensive talents in the tree need a serious buff, though I think the bigger problem is more in his uniques. Two of them have defense rating bonuses and his slot 2 gives some deflect. Not sure if they want to look into that with all the work they are doing on Omega items. Hopefully they will at least bring his talents up to where they should be, even if it leaves him still a bit squishy.

One option I have thought about for his signature is to make it like Moon Knight's. Give it 13 charges that need to be used within a few seconds of using the first, each one throwing 4 cards. This would help with being locked in place for 4 whole seconds and should also make it easier to let a talent change it into a melee talent as well.

Fingers crossed that he comes up for a rework sooner than later and that he is done justice.

Shuffle Up & Dea Bug - dunno about the fold'em aspect because I don't use it, but the part where he Bo Vaults & then drops House of Cards in 1 move... - often time the cards DON'T explode, they just vanish. Also the time delay on the explosion is so great that more often than not, it hits nothing or there's nothing left to hit by the time it explodes, making it a useless and largely just cosmetic talent.

edited March 27

@GTFOBah said:
Shuffle Up & Dea Bug - dunno about the fold'em aspect because I don't use it, but the part where he Bo Vaults & then drops House of Cards in 1 move... - often time the cards DON'T explode, they just vanish. Also the time delay on the explosion is so great that more often than not, it hits nothing or there's nothing left to hit by the time it explodes, making it a useless and largely just cosmetic talent.

That the explode not trigger is most certain that you throw it when the energy is on reset, or that the energy was so low that the power it self took you to energy reset, that makes them not explode as house of cards only explode if you use it when you have energy as it say in the power, meaning it is not if you have energy when the time runs out and they shall explode but counted if you have energy when you use the power to throw them out.

Just spitballing ideas on trying to get Gambit workin. Most of my feedback is lost somewhere in 1st iterations TC thread so heres another one

what i dont like about gambit

• Sig is clunky and does not fit all play styles
  • AoS charging is clunky, needless mechanic that is more detrimental than beneficial to enjoyability
  • is AoS charging has to stay give it a decent damage without charge and stupid amount of damage when charged. Having a look at it right now on my geared gambit its at 20ish 30ish k damage uncharged which is pitiful
  • is AoS charging has to stay for some reason give it the usual charge bar instead of trying to squint at glowing cards...jeez
  • Remove melee/range damage buff from vault/rf but if it had to stay please just make it a flat 5% buff to all and not melee/range
  • Kinetic Surge has to be a permanent thing and tied to the trait
  • Batter Up should not cost spirit to activate
  • i feel that row 1 and 2 are a waste in a sense that it would've been more fun to have to choose talents that affects powers and such...something more meaningful
  • row 5 is all about AoS which is so blearghh

what gambit needs

• a couple more new powers to choose from. Batter Up was a nice addition but he has alot of outdated kit
  • more meaningful choices in talents (look at row 1,2,5)
  • rework his resource. I'd like something like Capt Marvel's that buffs stuff base on max spirit so that we can take advantage of Norn Stone and Electro arti
  • obligatory new sig and ulti
  • FoldEm and Vault do 500% more damage if used within 8secs of each other. Cooldown 6s
  • FoldEm detonates House of Cards dealing 10000% more damage
  • a power that dashes behind the enemy and charge the enemy from the back at melee range

So i am here again with something else...

Gambit has for now...

• Streetsweep
  • Fold'em
  • Batter up

All of them has STUN on them, Batter up and Fold'em has it when you have kenetic energy as bonus for extra energy cost and if you have energy to spare ( now batter up still not even work without energy to start with ).

Come on GAZ, use your imagination here and get something else then stun on at least Batter up and maybe even fold'em... give fold'em something that add to defense maybe?

To have three powers all with stun is pointless as you cant spam it as enemies gets immunity against it for some time after been hit by the first.

I might even have missed some powers that has stun on them but i not think i did.

Anyhow, to have three powers all with stun is just a waist and nothing good comes out from it.
Specially as streetsweep is a power that is used for ranged, hybrid and close combat builds, if for nothing else for the 10% vulnerability and layer.

edited April 6

There's always the major bug of kinetic energy cost on Batter up, when you can it, it costs k.e. for each ennemy it will hit.
I was running the skrull terminal, i used batter up on a huge pack, it used close to 50% of my kinetic energy, that's why this skill often bugs when you want to use it.
Especially when it is reset by grand slam :
-sometimes you'll be able to cast it immediatly
-sometimes you won't be able at all
-sometimes you'll have to side step and will be able to use it.

Not sure if this bug has been reported but on the animation for Ace of Spades and/or the Ace of Clubs talent, the card-charging effect works just fine, but the vast majority of the time there is no visual effect of the card being thrown and flying through the air or exploding when it hits the target.

@justswinginthru said:
Not sure if this bug has been reported but on the animation for Ace of Spades and/or the Ace of Clubs talent, the card-charging effect works just fine, but the vast majority of the time there is no visual effect of the card being thrown and flying through the air or exploding when it hits the target.

For ace of clubs talent, this isn't a bug, the skill becomes melee and he used to throw the card, it just slightly explode on melee range.

@Tzoruk said:

@justswinginthru said:

For ace of clubs talent, this isn't a bug, the skill becomes melee and he used to throw the card, it just slightly explode on melee range.

Actually, it is the ace of diamonds talent in which ace of spades becomes a melee skill and that animation works just fine. The ace of clubs talent is where ace of spades still functions as a ranged/energy power but always deals a brutal strike and has an 8 second CD. For both the basic Ace of Spades skill or the modified Ace of Clubs talent, Gambit is supposed to throw a card at a distant target but the animation of the card flying through the air or exploding on contact is non-existent. It should work similarly to the Trick Card animation.

@justswinginthru said:

@Tzoruk said:

@justswinginthru said:

Actually, it is the ace of diamonds talent in which ace of spades becomes a melee skill and that animation works just fine. The ace of clubs talent is where ace of spades still functions as a ranged/energy power but always deals a brutal strike and has an 8 second CD. For both the basic Ace of Spades skill or the modified Ace of Clubs talent, Gambit is supposed to throw a card at a distant target but the animation of the card flying through the air or exploding on contact is non-existent. It should work similarly to the Trick Card animation.

Oh, my apologize, just another bug to add on Gambit's BUE ^^"

@Tzoruk said:

@justswinginthru said:

@Tzoruk said:

@justswinginthru said:

Oh, my apologize, just another bug to add on Gambit's BUE ^^"

De rien mon ami :)

Location Lost in the saucePosts: 13 Mighty

Would it be possible to get a change to use the roll to reposition while charging/using abilities?
Like being able to roll mid sig to still be able to hit the target with the rest of 52 Pickup or charging the Ace of Diamond trait, roll into combat, use Ace of Diamond.

Could we also get an indicator for the area of effect for a fully charged Ace of Diamonds?