Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Friday Updates

Location I'm not the second coming, I'm the first wave.Posts: 11,436 Cosmic

@KomoriMan

Any chance we could go back to Monday Updates where it lays out what's planned for the week as opposed to Friday Recaps that just tell us what happened the past 5 days. I feel with the extended dev tracker, Friday Updates almost never contain new information. They're not something I look forward to like I did Monday Updates.

@SneakyErvin said:
Either a Friday or Monday update with "looking ahead" info. The whole recap thing is kinda pointless.

Fair, I'd be good with a looking ahead on Fridays.

You should have both a "Looking Ahead" post and a 'Recap" post of what was actually accomplished.

edited March 17

@Maggotbreath said:
They're not something I look forward to like I did Monday Updates.

To be fair, looking back at the previous weeks, it's not like they could often post something to explain what they are going to add to the game for the following week. this week for the IF event we had info only 24h before the event (and it's just an XP Boost). Reasticaly what kind of post could they have written for this week ? "we are nerfing Iron Fist and Squirrel Girl, we are going to reuse the saint patrick event and IF will have an xp boost to celebrate the new show ?".

And when they teased "content" for the next week, it was because they thought costume VUs were "content".

Maybe for this Friday the update will indicate that next week they are finally going to release the boss and mob update devblog. crossing fingers

Total hours played on Steam in 2016: 17 474 560,2
Total hours played by the whole community in 2016 according to gaz : 21 517 247
17 474 560,2 / 21 517 247 = 0,8121187715138465

I understand why moved away from Monday updates. > @SneakyErvin said:

Either a Friday or Monday update with "looking ahead" info. The whole recap thing is kinda pointless.

I think the Friday recap should move to in game. As much as some think communication here is bad it's worse for those who don't visit the forum. Other than patch notes they get nothing.
I really enjoyed the "looking ahead" monday updates

@Rasetsu said:

@Maggotbreath said:
They're not something I look forward to like I did Monday Updates.

To be fair, looking back at the previous weeks, it's not like they could often post something to explain what they are going to add to the game for the following week. this week for the IF event we had info only 24h before the event (and it's just an XP Boost). Reasticaly what kind of post could they have written for this week ? "we are nerfing Iron Fist and Squirrel Girl, we are going to reuse the saint patrick event and IF will have an xp boost to celebrate the new show ?".

And when they teased "content" for the next week, it was because they thought costume VUs were "content".

Maybe for this Friday the update will indicate that next week they are finally going to release the boss and mob update devblog. crossing fingers

You're not wrong.

@KomoriMan said:

@Maggotbreath said:
@KomoriMan

Any chance we could go back to Monday Updates where it lays out what's planned for the week as opposed to Friday Recaps that just tell us what happened the past 5 days. I feel with the extended dev tracker, Friday Updates almost never contain new information. They're not something I look forward to like I did Monday Updates.

I've seen this suggestion before and I have been considering it for some time.

The Looking Ahead section could be more possible!

Give us hope [-O<

Location ThedasPosts: 16,596 Cosmic

@KomoriMan said:

@Maggotbreath said:
@KomoriMan

Much better idea IMO.

@Wizzer said:

@KomoriMan said:

@Maggotbreath said:
@KomoriMan

Much better idea IMO.

Yeah I double this.

A Looking ahead topic at the start of each month similar to the event thread for the month would be awesome even if some of the stuff may get pushed back a week or two.

@KomoriMan said:

@Maggotbreath said:
@KomoriMan

maybe a smaller update on monday wich says this weeks plans, while the friday explains longer term plans for the next few weeks or month.

@KomoriMan said:

@Maggotbreath said:
@KomoriMan

I would love it if they went back to Monday. Best part about switching it back to Monday is that you won't need to make an update today.

edited March 17

If your going to go over the past week go over everything. This weeks update has no mention of the last few days. It's like they don't exist

I was joking about things being swept under in another thread. Maybe there's something to that

This is what I think should happen. Go back to Monday updates. Those updates got me excited.
Keep Fridays update but go over concerns the community has that week. Example. You could address the ff situation. Or the stash/es debacle going on right now

@xanderbigzz said:
If your going to go over the past week go over everything. This weeks update has no mention of the last few days. It's like they don't exist

I was joking about things being swept under in another thread. Maybe there's something to that

This is what I think should happen. Go back to Monday updates. Those updates got me excited.
Keep Fridays update but go over concerns the community has that week. Example. You could address the ff situation. Or the stash/es debacle going on right now

It's not even funny anymore.

@Maggotbreath said:

@xanderbigzz said:

No clue what's not funny anymore.

@xanderbigzz said:

@Maggotbreath said:

@xanderbigzz said:

To be fair, it's was never funny, but what I meant specifically was the FF NPCs and the achievement (which turned out to be a bug) that wasn't addressed.

@Maggotbreath said:

@xanderbigzz said:

@Maggotbreath said:

@xanderbigzz said:

To be fair, it's was never funny, but what I meant specifically was the FF NPCs and the achievement (which turned out to be a bug) that wasn't addressed.

It was never intended to be funny. It was merely an example of what I think should be discussed in the Friday updates. Not simply restating the patch notes.
They don't want to disclose what's coming in the distant future and are afraid to discuss what's even upcoming for the week ahead. Then why not go over issues the community has from week to week. Yes that would include hot button topics like the ff achieves and es debacle right now.
Gaz has said they want to improve communication. They have said this repeatedly.
Stop saying it over and over and do just it. Ignoring issues, ignoring questions is not doing anything except the same thing they have done in the past.
I think a Friday update like I'm suggesting would help with that.

@Maggotbreath said:

@xanderbigzz said:

@Maggotbreath said:

@xanderbigzz said:

Just wanted to add maggot

If you can go back in those ff threads you'll notice I was one of a few suggesting players to settle down and wait it out.