Categories

Extra stash tabs turned into 600 splinters per.

Location Philadelphia, PA USAPosts: 69 Mighty

@HuntGod said:

@Baalice said:
That's really been my complaint. If I never had them, I wouldn't even worry about it. But I had them and a dev was asked and said we should dump them. I held on for a few weeks and then did so. Regardless of intent, it sucks.

There's nothing to understand, no analogies to make. People are mad that they were told to delete them. Trying to tell people they're wrong for being mad? How do you think people will respond? You need to let people be people.

Nothing bothers me much and this irked me. It's not the ES, I can really only buy ultimate upgrades with them. It's the principle. Good for those that got lucky but it does feel like a bit of an injustice when you get an all clear from the devs, take a loss (no matter how you want to look at it, it feels like it) and the issue isn't corrected.

Well you know what I think of people...

shrug

AssembledPosts: 632 Amazing

@LukeFonFabre said:
So back in december, we were erroneously given 2 extra stash 16 tabs (1 extra if you didn't already have it) and we were told that they were not going to be compensated or turned into anything. Today, I log in and people are posting everywhere that they got 600 splinters per extra stash tab they had.

Now I don't know about you guys, but I deleted mine because of this:

@Asros said:

@FBlue said:
There was already stash page called custom 16. So maybe the stash was for those that didn't already have it.

Yes. Giving out two was an error, but it was meant for folks who did not have it.

If you already have it, you can discard the additional stashes given out. We wont be converting them or compensating for them.

This is just very maddening to me... I do not care about the splinters. I have all I could ever want and more in the game... I made this thread to bring attention to it and state the unfairness that this causes. Either everybody should get 600-1200 splinters or nobody should.

Ditto

@AncientSpirit said:

@LukeFonFabre said:
So back in december, we were erroneously given 2 extra stash 16 tabs (1 extra if you didn't already have it) and we were told that they were not going to be compensated or turned into anything. Today, I log in and people are posting everywhere that they got 600 splinters per extra stash tab they had.

Now I don't know about you guys, but I deleted mine because of this:

@Asros said:

@FBlue said:
There was already stash page called custom 16. So maybe the stash was for those that didn't already have it.

Yes. Giving out two was an error, but it was meant for folks who did not have it.

If you already have it, you can discard the additional stashes given out. We wont be converting them or compensating for them.

This is just very maddening to me... I do not care about the splinters. I have all I could ever want and more in the game... I made this thread to bring attention to it and state the unfairness that this causes. Either everybody should get 600-1200 splinters or nobody should.

Ditto

Yup. Guess I'm a communist. Meh.

Location Behind you...Posts: 6,942 Cosmic

@JourneymanProtector said:
I wasn't around for this, but I do see the issue and why people are upset. Surely there is some way to compensate those who deleted the stash tabs. Check account creation dates, and perhaps the stash tab(s) in question has a unique identifier? If both are possible, grant ES from there. Those who did get their 1200 ES lucked out, due to human error. It happens, not too big of a deal.

That being said, I do also see the frustration. It is difficult to find a balance between transparency and silence. Don't let this get you down, @Asros, it happens to the best of us. I would just suggest you do as much as possible for those affected.

I had composed a nice logical explanation, again, for why this is just dumb, but I give up...

Location kenner, LAPosts: 3,424 Cosmic

you snooze, you lose.

sig made by @BaneTheDestroyer

edited March 17

@HuntGod said:

I wasn't around for this, but I do see the issue and why people are upset. Surely there is some way to compensate those who deleted the stash tabs. Check account creation dates, and perhaps the stash tab(s) in question has a unique identifier? If both are possible, grant ES from there. Those who did get their 1200 ES lucked out, due to human error. It happens, not too big of a deal.

That being said, I do also see the frustration. It is difficult to find a balance between transparency and silence. Don't let this get you down, @Asros, it happens to the best of us. I would just suggest you do as much as possible for those affected.

I had composed a nice logical explanation, again, for why this is just dumb, but I give up...

I understood it the first time I read it. I just don't agree. It's not the point. Not sure what you're missing from the other end of it. Not saying you're wrong but I have a different opinion and clearly not alone.

Location The Dark Side of the Death StarPosts: 39 Mighty

@HuntGod said:

Reading through your comment history, I do agree. Sense of entitlement is strong. However, doing nothing is not going to bode well. Only reason I had said he do something. Frankly I don't think there is anything he should do but I was speaking an an unbiased third party.

Location BCPosts: 1,753 Fantastic

@Asros said:

@xanderbigzz said:

@kuribohs said:
Dont think is or was Asros fault BUT i wish they say something about it
Is like 7pm server time and no word from a dev about it

It's kind of their thing now. Don't say anything. It'll all go away

@KomoriMan said our engineers are investigating. That's not avoidance, that's a status report.

When we have more information, we will share it.

That's a little... literal. You were here in the past, when the devs communicated a LOT more than you guys are right now. I think that's all people are hoping for. Just be present. Talk to us.

Location PurgatoryPosts: 135 Incredible

No. What they should do, is find out who got extra ES, and roll back that ES and anything purchased with it. Since its a bug and obviously not intended, it shouldn't be "given" to everyone.

Of course, thats not what everyone's complaining about. They are complaining because they want free stuff.

Aww. I was keeping the extra stash token as a memory of the 2016 Gaz Christmas Miracle. I demand that you give me my token back!

I jest of course. This is nothing more than a silly little hiccup, and its funny how wound up some folks are getting. Grats to anyone who got 1200 bonus splinters. If the they need to take back the 600 I got, I understand. If not, thanks to the devs for the accidental Christmas in March.

I think it would be best if something could be worked out because of what Asros explicitly said about them being safe to throw away. I had read his post already and while I kept my extra stash as a novelty joke anyway, it was perfectly reasonable for players to take him at his word there.

On the other hand, I hope people are being reasonable that it is not easy to go through thousands of accounts and figure out who had what and what to do about it, whether doing so to subtract excess splinters, or compensate only the accounts which had received and deleted the stashes.

Keep in mind, this only happened because of a glitch in trying to scan people's inventories and compensate in the first place. If that process in itself can be bug prone, retroactively trying to fix it with further scanning and further compensation based on ambiguous times in the past will likely be even harder to do glitch free, which in itself could have unintended consequences.

So while I do think it is unfair that players taking a developer's word at face value got the short end of the stick, at the same time, I think it is also fair to understand that addressing the issue is likely not so easy and could be time and labor intensive.

This discussion has been closed.