Categories

The Marvel Heroes Omega PC servers are now back online! A 50% Experience Bonus will be active until 11:59 PM (PDT) tomorrow (8/11) to help make up for the unexpected downtime. Thank you for your patience.

Extra stash tabs turned into 600 splinters per.

Posts: 878 Amazing

The free 1,200 es was handy for buying a Stash #38. Thanks Gaz! <.<

Location Behind you...Posts: 6,886 Cosmic

@Draliv said:

@HuntGod said:

Dude why are you having such trouble understanding the difference between intentional and accidental? The said delete them (the extra from Christmas) because they had no intent to do anything with them, when they put in the conversion for the OTHER stash that was purchased with ES it affected the Christmas STASH as well, if you hadn't deleted it. That wasn't the intent, it was an accident and they fixed it, I thought the Target analogy was pretty spot on but you still seem to feel this was something intentional on Gaz part.

I'm on the fence whether you are trolling me or really can't understand this concept.

I do get the difference. I am saying cool reimburse the 600es for the accident. Not another 600es for the extra. Some players got 1200es at login because of the error. I understand I lost out but like I said. Doesn't make it right. No Oh.. My stars and garters! and honestly not trying to argue just stating that nobody should get the extra 600es unless everyone does.

So the fix for that is to go in and manually remove that 600ES from the people that got it, that is very unlikely to happen. They made a mistake, some folks benefited, they fixed it, case closed. I mean you are correct no one should have benefited but they did and fixing it would be very time consuming and obtrusive.

Location Behind you...Posts: 6,886 Cosmic

@darinz said:
I would like to thank @Asros for telling us to delete them. can we please get an explanation ot better yet our ES that we should have.

@darinz said:
I would like to thank @Asros for telling us to delete them. can we please get an explanation ot better yet our ES that we should have.

No, you will not and should not get any ES, we were all told in good faith to delete them, there was no intent for them to be converted, why is this so hard for some people to understand.

Anti-HeroLocation not outside your windowPosts: 6,454 Cosmic

@darinz said:
I would like to thank @Asros for telling us to delete them. can we please get an explanation ot better yet our ES that we should have.

We got them because of a bug. People got 600 es for them, because of a bug. What does @Asros need to explain?

Location Behind you...Posts: 6,886 Cosmic

@BWCorvus said:

@darinz said:
I would like to thank @Asros for telling us to delete them. can we please get an explanation ot better yet our ES that we should have.

We got them because of a bug. People got 600 es for them, because of a bug. What does @Asros need to explain?

Apparently how life works and that mistakes happen.

Posts: 158 Incredible

I've only read back a few pages in this thread, but what should we do if we got these extra ES? I'm hesitant to use them.

Posts: 878 Amazing

@MrCircuit said:
I've only read back a few pages in this thread, but what should we do if we got these extra ES? I'm hesitant to use them.

You should be fine... get a Stash #38 if you don't already have it or get a new hero. ;3

Posts: 5,267 Cosmic

@kuribohs said:
Dont think is or was Asros fault BUT i wish they say something about it
Is like 7pm server time and no word from a dev about it

It's kind of their thing now. Don't say anything. It'll all go away

Posts: 1,430 Fantastic

Seems to be fixed, though Im not positive because my alt account had it in a gift box, not in inventory.
I opened the box and got the item, then relogged and I still have the stash 16 item, and no extra ES.

Posts: 5,267 Cosmic

@Draliv said:

@HuntGod said:

Dude why are you having such trouble understanding the difference between intentional and accidental? The said delete them (the extra from Christmas) because they had no intent to do anything with them, when they put in the conversion for the OTHER stash that was purchased with ES it affected the Christmas STASH as well, if you hadn't deleted it. That wasn't the intent, it was an accident and they fixed it, I thought the Target analogy was pretty spot on but you still seem to feel this was something intentional on Gaz part.

I'm on the fence whether you are trolling me or really can't understand this concept.

I do get the difference. I am saying cool reimburse the 600es for the accident. Not another 600es for the extra. Some players got 1200es at login because of the error. I understand I lost out but like I said. Doesn't make it right. No Oh.. My stars and garters! and honestly not trying to argue just stating that nobody should get the extra 600es unless everyone does.

Some players lucked out. Good for them.

Posts: 571 Amazing

@BWCorvus said:

@darinz said:
I would like to thank @Asros for telling us to delete them. can we please get an explanation ot better yet our ES that we should have.

We got them because of a bug. People got 600 es for them, because of a bug. What does @Asros need to explain?

bug or not. give everyone 600 like people said or take them away from all who got them

Location NOT BEHIND YOU!!!Posts: 76 Mighty

i never even got the free tab(s) to begin with... when were these given out, and during which event/promotion?

Posts: 878 Amazing

@wishfull said:
i never even got the free tab(s) to begin with... when were these given out, and during which event/promotion?

Christmas event... actually I believe it was the day of Christmas specifically

Posts: 512 Amazing

@wishfull said:
i never even got the free tab(s) to begin with... when were these given out, and during which event/promotion?

It was during the Winter Holiday 2016 Event.

Posts: 1,612 Cosmic

Here's hoping for 1200 splinters as well. :|

Location Philadelphia, PA USAPosts: 69 Mighty
edited March 17

That's really been my complaint. If I never had them, I wouldn't even worry about it. But I had them and a dev was asked and said we should dump them. I held on for a few weeks and then did so. Regardless of intent, it sucks.

There's nothing to understand, no analogies to make. People are mad that they were told to delete them. Trying to tell people they're wrong for being mad? How do you think people will respond? You need to let people be people.

Nothing bothers me much and this irked me. It's not the ES, I can really only buy ultimate upgrades with them. It's the principle. Good for those that got lucky but it does feel like a bit of an injustice when you get an all clear from the devs, take a loss (no matter how you want to look at it, it feels like it) and the issue isn't corrected.

Location The Dark Side of the Death StarPosts: 39 Mighty
edited March 17

I wasn't around for this, but I do see the issue and why people are upset. Surely there is some way to compensate those who deleted the stash tabs. Check account creation dates, and perhaps the stash tab(s) in question has a unique identifier? If both are possible, grant ES from there. Those who did get their 1200 ES lucked out, due to human error. It happens, not too big of a deal.

That being said, I do also see the frustration. It is difficult to find a balance between transparency and silence. Don't let this get you down, @Asros, it happens to the best of us. I would just suggest you do as much as possible for those affected.

This discussion has been closed.