Categories

Maintenance is complete and the Marvel Heroes 2016 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Extra stash tabs turned into 600 splinters per.

edited March 16

@Bakaxan said:
People shouldn't get free ES splinters for a bug.

Gaz should do a better job checking for bugs that impact people's wallet.

but you know. some certain people don't like the bug being complain at. Because they benefit from the bug and don't want other too. or still think it is fair.

@clowncrier said:
So, to recap:

Got free stuff for X-mas that wasn't really intended to be used if you already had it. Actually got two because bugs. Now worthless free stuff isn't actually worthless because bugs, but already deleted because free stuff was worthless. Upset because devs had previously confirmed worthless free stuff was indeed worthless.

I weep a little today for humanity. If you happened to be lucky enough to get free splinters, hey, jackpot. If not, you are just complaining about free stuff and other people's good fortune (for the record I deleted mine a while ago). Gaz already gives away plenty of free stuff, and bugs have never treated everybody equally.

i read there was a crit for xmas that now turns into a brutal stike.. impressing failing streak!

@LukeFonFabre said:
So back in december, we were erroneously given 2 extra stash 16 tabs (1 extra if you didn't already have it) and we were told that they were not going to be compensated or turned into anything. Today, I log in and people are posting everywhere that they got 600 splinters per extra stash tab they had.

Now I don't know about you guys, but I deleted mine because of this:

@Asros said:

@FBlue said:
There was already stash page called custom 16. So maybe the stash was for those that didn't already have it.

Yes. Giving out two was an error, but it was meant for folks who did not have it.

If you already have it, you can discard the additional stashes given out. We wont be converting them or compensating for them.

This is just very maddening to me...

I kept both of these extra-items because I hoped to be fund for them in the future.
Now the future is .... Thanks Gaz God !

Location Cosmic PatrolsPosts: 1,470 Fantastic

@pairadox said:
And if it did happen, you probably just screwed all the people who got it.
Nice.

Good for him though. I also deleted mine a while back and "destroyed it on the ground" after reading a post from one of the developers on here, saying we could just destroy it because the extra stash tab didn't have any future value.

It's unfair to those that already destroyed it if we aren't receiving our 600 ES. If people already received 600 ES and used it (unlocked a playable hero or team up), the easiest thing would be to give everybody 600 ES. And all is good again.

@pairadox said:

@LukeFonFabre said:
So back in december, we were erroneously given 2 extra stash 16 tabs (1 extra if you didn't already have it) and we were told that they were not going to be compensated or turned into anything. Today, I log in and people are posting everywhere that they got 600 splinters per extra stash tab they had.

Nice.

Come on, man. I'm of the mind that if players get a neat bonus by accident then thumbs up for them, but there's no way Gaz was going to let 600 ES sneak by for long and this thread wasn't the only thing raising attention to it.

edited March 16

@Malebogia said:

@LukeFonFabre said:

@Asros said:

@FBlue said:
There was already stash page called custom 16. So maybe the stash was for those that didn't already have it.

Yes. Giving out two was an error, but it was meant for folks who did not have it.

If you already have it, you can discard the additional stashes given out. We wont be converting them or compensating for them.

I kept both of these extra-items because I hoped to be fund for them in the future.

u seem to know gaz better than they know themself.

Location Wandering the left hand pathPosts: 4,172 Cosmic

@Marakatti said:

@BWCorvus said:
No, you cant buy 16 or 38 with g's. 16 is only given away free, and 38 is only on the es vendor.

That's not correct; you can buy 16 with G. I definitely did. (I wasn't here yet when it was given free originally, and I had already bought it by the time we were given those two free ones at Christmas; I own all the stashes, and the only ones I did not pay G for were #1 (the one everybody gets), #38 (the ES one from Adam Warlock), and #39 (the 3rd anniversary one I bought with cake slices)).

Are you sure you hadnt bought Stash 38? Because that was a conflict during the x-mas givaway. Or that you had all stashes already unlocked.

edited March 16

Oh man, I missed a free stash? I just started up again about a month ago. Haven't played since 2015. Can I still get a free stash? :o I only have five stashes.

Location A place with too many reaction gifsPosts: 585 Amazing

I deleted the Stash back then right away because I couldn't use it anyway and was confused as two why I got a second useless one.

600 splinters for some people is certainly not as big of a problem as people make it out to be.
Even if it is because of a bug.
Of course something like that shouldn't happen but throwing a major fit now because you didn't get ES is just sad.

@clowncrier said:
I weep a little today for humanity. If you happened to be lucky enough to get free splinters, hey, jackpot. If not, you are just complaining about free stuff and other people's good fortune (for the record I deleted mine a while ago). Gaz already gives away plenty of free stuff, and bugs have never treated everybody equally.

QFT

@plueschiee said:

@Malebogia said:

@LukeFonFabre said:

@Asros said:

@FBlue said:

u seem to know gaz better than they know themself.

;)

Location ThedasPosts: 16,446 Cosmic

LOL I did the same thing...

It's obviously a bug, so gratz to those who benefited from it. Sadly I deleted mine :(

@pairadox said:

@LukeFonFabre said:

Nice.

Worse than that ... He screwed people who would

Anti-HeroLocation ASW-G-29 Gundam Astaroth OriginPosts: 2,786 Cosmic

/hopsing

This discussion has been closed.